Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Landmark??? really???

124»

Comments

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Velocinox
    Originally posted by Seever
    "Those who can, build. Those who can't, criticize." - Robert Moses

Robert Moses killed thousands of people for expressways. It's on record in many cases where he evicted people by the hundreds and in some cases the thousands from their homes (not just apartments owned by others though he did that as well but duly owned and purchased homes/domains.) leaving them nowhere to go and dying homeless in the streets through the help of the government's imminent domain laws to steal from homeowners because of his kickbacks and other forms of graft and corruption.

He destroyed whole families and communities so that people of means could drive through the wreckage without slowing down in their shiny new automobile. He is the worst case example of government by the rich for the rich.

Just because you find a quote after googling the word 'building' doesn't mean it comes from a person whose ideology and statements are worthy of quoting.

Just because someones ideology differs from yours does not mean that nothing they say is valid.

Apart from that i am an older gamer and always just wanted to build or pvp. PvE never got me playing for long after EQ1 (7 years), even tho i went for some server and region firsts in wow, but that was just as easy as the game itself.

Best gaming experience after EQ1 has been Horizons for me. EQNL basically sounds like a wet dream come true if you dislike pve and easymodes.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Have you ever watched a 10 yr old play minecraft online with 5 of his friends from school? They look like they are having more fun than I am atm... Building cities, playing survival all the time. When it comes to minecraft pvp, they're ruthless.

Idk, maybe EQN:L could be like that for me... image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Based on the overwhelming dev responses supporting WoW poll answers, I will not support them with Landmark, and  I am now uncertain if I will even give EQN a try.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    there's no "i won't play either" option or i would have checked it.  They can keep their cartoon graphics.
  • SeeverSeever Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited August 2021

Post edited by Seever on
  • Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others habe thrown at him" -David Brinkley
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Wait till people see the prices of the textures and building blocks...tears will flow.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• sdeleon515sdeleon515 Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Originally posted by Velocinox
    "Those who can, build. Those who can't, criticize." - Robert Moses

Robert Moses killed thousands of people for expressways. It's on record in many cases where he evicted people by the hundreds and in some cases the thousands from their homes (not just apartments owned by others though he did that as well but duly owned and purchased homes/domains.) leaving them nowhere to go and dying homeless in the streets through the help of the government's imminent domain laws to steal from homeowners because of his kickbacks and other forms of graft and corruption.

He destroyed whole families and communities so that people of means could drive through the wreckage without slowing down in their shiny new automobile. He is the worst case example of government by the rich for the rich.

Just because you find a quote after googling the word 'building' doesn't mean it comes from a person whose ideology and statements are worthy of quoting.

Oh sweetie =(

I hope things start looking up for you. What a sad state you must be in to feel the need to instigate arguments online. Hang in there, buckaroo, things will come around.

Actually I hate to say Seever that the post you put up about Robert Moses was actually counter-ironic in regards to what was created and the long term end result. In regards to New York itself, the creation of his highways were shortsighted and failed to actually encapsulate the need for the middleclass to be situated near enough a city for prosperity while allowing integration for economic class mobility. In a sense his creations creation locked neighborhoods where values for housing diminished and caused an exodus away from the city that would take decades to return. 

In a sense its kind of ironic to quote a man who, in a sense, built a failed project in hindsight because he couldn't listen when he could've afforded a better history and legacy by listening to some of the critiques made regarding his choices and planning in New York. 

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by Warjin
    Originally posted by jw2252
    Considering Minecraft is such a huge success, I'd imagine the idea of being able to build whatever you want is something many gamers are interested in.  That being said, I don't see you're point on how they're ripping off gamers.  You chose to pay to get into the beta, so that's on you.  If you didn't research the landmark before putting your money down, that's also on you.  This is something that people want. 

Minecraft is a huge success because you can run it on a first gen Iphone, same with WoW, this is simple math, the more people you see the more money you make, however in EQN Landmark this will not be the case because not everyone can run the game, or at least the average mom an pop computer like you could with WoW and Minecraft.

Many game Dev make this fatal mistake making games that demand high end computers to play the game, most people just have computers for Facebook, Youtube ,Netflix you know, your standard internet surfing stuff, playing games is just a added bonus to them, only us geeks upgrade our computers every year with new video cards, ram ect to play the next gen games, but because of this the numbers are low for high end games on computers, MMO are even worse and because of this they lack funding in turn lack content and polish and die over time, only WoW and Minecraft stood the test of time and that's due to the games running a toaster plugged into a monitor.

To make it big like Warcraft / Minecraft big a game Dev needs to understand this concept, if not well then you see the result.

Your opinion about it not being able to be run on older hardware is baseless. It uses the same engine as Planetside 2 which older hardware can utilize already. Considering how massive and intensive that game is, I can see EQN and Landmark needing A LOT less horsepower to run it. In all honesty the game's graphics are comparable to Wildstar or SWTOR and those don't take much at all to run.

• SeeverSeever Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited August 2021

Post edited by Seever on