Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(L4D2: FREE) - Steam Store (Final Hours To Claim)

TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Update: Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas, free game is still going on for now, but closes soon! Bumping to share the final word out to those that are unaware.

L4D2: FREE (Until December 26th)

Servers are overloaded, still trying to get my hands on it. Since I personally have not purchased it yet. (Lol) ALL HAIL VALVE- Aren't they very generous and in the holiday goody spirit this year? But seriously though, everyone is trying to grab it, and thus the store is down. (3-hours now!)

Comments

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Can you imagine the amount of people out there making multiple accounts, over and over and over right now. Doing it in the middle of the sale probably wasn't the best idea.
  • JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    It seems to be working now. I just got my copy very quickly.
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Just got mine as well, the service was running very slow and then soon after timed out. God it took so many hours to secure it ;(

Steam Services Tracker - Live

http://steamstat.us/

If it says TIMED OUT you're out of luck and need to keep F5ing until it says VERY SLOW or NORMAL best of luck to everyone, and with that said.

Have a great rest of the day! ;D

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Thanks for the heads up, got my copy also, took about 5 minutes of refreshing the page.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I just managed to get mine as well, and I think it's working now.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• dracomundracomun Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Got mine as well good looking out
  • VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376

Left for Dead is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games of the last few years. Prior to having played it I hadn't really gotten into shooters since original Doom, however, the team dynamic truly makes this title excel beyond the run of the mill FPS. L4D is to FPS what Portal is to the puzzle platformer genre, innovative and revitalizing. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Man, if I had just waited several years, I could have my free copy too. :-(

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Final Hours to claim your free L4D2 Copy @Steam

Last bump, see ya! ;D

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Now if they would only finish Half Life.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Got the game last night. In between the server fallouts hehe 

Havn't tried the co-op yet but I feel it's there where the game shines. Did however played some last night the singleplayer part.

Got me 3 levels/chapters up. Stopped playing. Tried again this evening and there is only like 4 singleplayer maps? Couldn't really find a "continue" button and saw only 4 chapters/levels. Ended to 4th level and got the end tittle's of the game.

Did I do something wrong is is singleplayer really that small?

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Got the game last night. In between the server fallouts hehe 

Havn't tried the co-op yet but I feel it's there where the game shines. Did however played some last night the singleplayer part.

Got me 3 levels/chapters up. Stopped playing. Tried again this evening and there is only like 4 singleplayer maps? Couldn't really find a "continue" button and saw only 4 chapters/levels. Ended to 4th level and got the end tittle's of the game.

Did I do something wrong is is singleplayer really that small?

Its a coop game and theres only 5 or so maps, each of which have multiple levels.

• SupaAPESupaAPE Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by Vahrane

Left for Dead is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games of the last few years. Prior to having played it I hadn't really gotten into shooters since original Doom, however, the team dynamic truly makes this title excel beyond the run of the mill FPS. L4D is to FPS what Portal is to the puzzle platformer genre, innovative and revitalizing. 

Word. Straight up truth.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    I did not like the game at all, even for free. Just hack n slash.
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

I never played it, but for free I'll give it a try.