Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth Is the Dominant MMO

HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

I returned to Fallen Earth to after at least 18 month away and I found the entire newb experience recharged, fun, simplified and accessable. 

This time round, i brough my girlfriend and step kids to give it a try.  We all rolled Green haired, snake eyed freaks, and found a friendly series of players to help us and entertain almost immediately, and reliablely each time we've logged in since. 

Ive half heartedly tried just about every free mmo thats come through this site, and each time i return to fallen earth im reminded how it leaves the competition behind. its weird little quircky humor, distinct underplayed visual style. it's just perfect, even if its getting on in year in terms of graphics.  

if you are bored mmo vet like me whose juse on the other end of even caring about new games, give this one one more try.  just put some effort into making a more social experience. its a beautifully realized platform for players who want to hunker down.  the pvp rocks too...

Merry Christmas

Comments

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    I'm not sure you know what the word "dominant" means... ;)

oh, it means best, or surpassing those contrasted against it.   I think in terms of a selection of qualities by which i judge an mmo to be sucessful and fun, Fallen Earth possesses the greatest balance of working or complimentary features...

you may disagree, and saying why would be nice, instead of just being all grumpy on xmas eve :)

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Regosichar
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    I'm not sure you know what the word "dominant" means... ;)

oh, it means best, or surpassing those contrasted against it.   I think in terms of a selection of qualities by which i judge an mmo to be sucessful and fun, Fallen Earth possesses the greatest balance of working or complimentary features...

you may disagree, and saying why would be nice, instead of just being all grumpy on xmas eve :)

Because that isn't what dominant means.  The "dominant" MMO would be the most successful one.  Not the one that fits a given player's subjective determination of what is "best."  The dominant western MMO, since it's release, has been WoW, and there is no sign of that changing any time soon.  Unfortunately.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    lol
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Fallen Earth dominates the market in terms of depressive gaming experience.

See, Fallen Earth can be dominant! :-) 

Being dominant doesn't mean anything until you say what you're measuring.

But seriously, I think the game is great in what it offers. Probably mainly due to the fact that it's quite unique.

I found it just to depressive to my taste. That's a personal feeling.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

It's not dominant but I has been a very refreshing experience back when I played it. I uninstalled it because of the grind necessary to get access to most skills. As far as I know that got fixed later but I never came back.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    It is a very good game, haven't played it in years but even back then I really enjoyed it.
  • LauraFrostLauraFrost Member Posts: 95

Tip: When you write a post in the internet make sure you don't throw any statement which is minor and irrelevant to what you're trying to say which might take the attention away from your original idea. If you feel that your statement can be misunderstood or maybe people would argue against it but has nothing to do with your overall point; scratch it.

I find it infuriating when the point I'm trying to make is ignored and people start discussing certain terms that I used instead.

What the OP meant is he thinks Fallen Earth has the best personal game experience in his opinion. That's good to know someone is actually enjoying an "MMORPG" but in the end it's his opinion. to me; anything that moves away from the solo-centric, hand-holding, quest-retardness system deserves to be encouraged. If Fallen Earth steers away from that garbage game-design then I say it deserve some attention.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Ive played fallen earth off and on but never get far each time I try. If im going to go for the survival sandbox post apoch scenario id much rather mod up fallout new vegas or play games like 7 days to die etc. I just cannot get into a post apoch mmo that doesnt even have a food and thirst requirement or you craft by one clicking a button and waiting on a timer to expire while you run around killing mutated rats. IMO different strokes for different folks .
  • HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

i totally hear and agree that Fallen Earth has been boring in the past and certainly had alot of challenges. 

after a year and a half away i can say it's revamped enough to warrant anyone who sorta liked it before to go check it out.  they have totally remade the lowb experience into something fun and engaging, and global pvp and politics is easy to just leap into at any level..

the point of this thread is to, yes say how much i subjectively prefer FE to all other MMO's right now, but also to spread around that much has changed and the fact that the devs actually listened to the real mechanical problems and fixed them tells me this is the dominant mmo...IMHO every mmo problem comes down to that. should anyone expect a perfect system? no.  can we expect a reactive and attentive dev staff, yes, and that puts FE over the top.

im serious, roll a lowb and look for a clan, youll have a blast, even if you already tried it.