Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3D and Oculus Rift support now in Alpha.

RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
Title says it all. Awesome. :-D

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Ohh man. Your testing it? Lucky bastard. I'm up for the BETA. Hope it comes soon. Only have 3D though. Wanna wait for a retail Occulus before I buy them.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    does it work? Many companies say Rift support is in but it doesn't work quite right, ie Vendetta Online, Strike Suit Zero, etc etc.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Ohh man. Your testing it? Lucky bastard. I'm up for the BETA. Hope it comes soon. Only have 3D though. Wanna wait for a retail Occulus before I buy them.

Sadly not, just info from the forums, I got the basic package and the expansion pass..

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    does it work? Many companies say Rift support is in but it doesn't work quite right, ie Vendetta Online, Strike Suit Zero, etc etc.

There is an article on rock paper shotgun, obviously it's still alpha and the retail version of OR is not released but the report was pretty positive.

IR Tracking is also supported.

• I can't wait for the OR consumer edition. I wish it would release simultaneously with ED :D
  • tdk007tdk007 Member Posts: 15

The Alpha is solid with OR. Watch this guy streaming it. go back to episode 18 and start there. He uses a X52 HOTAS and the OR. It says it plays totally different to Alpha 1.0 when there was no OR.

http://www.twitch.tv/kerrashlanding

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    You should check out Vendetta Online again; there have been some updates and improvements to the Rift support since the initial release last July.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

the problem with the current OR dev kit and these kinds of games is the low resolution of the Rift. because of it, anything further than 10 or 20 feet becomes very blocky, ugly and just plain hard to see. The "screen door" effect of the Rift really gets in the way. playing FPS or any game that requires viewing into the distance is not very enjoyable. 

however, once the consumer OR comes out and the "screen door effect", and resolution, is drastically improved these games will be insanely fun. 

i haven't tried Elite yet, but i have a Rift and have tried many FPS game like BF4 and WarThunder, and Hawken, etc.