Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen taking people's money.

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

People want a space MMO that isn't EVE online. 

People loved freelancer and wished it was an MMO.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273

My problem is not that he takes people money, i bought 2 packages , my problem is that they don;t deliver . It was suposed that we play dogfight module and is not here.

You can invent all the excuses you want, i feel burned and start feeling sorry for not putting this money in ELITE which seems to keep promises and does not seem to become a pay 2 something. Now i would have had playing elite dangerous instead of reading forums.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by apanz3r

My problem is not that he takes people money, i bought 2 packages , my problem is that they don;t deliver . It was suposed that we play dogfight module and is not here.

You can invent all the excuses you want, i feel burned and start feeling sorry for not putting this money in ELITE which seems to keep promises and does not seem to become a pay 2 something. Now i would have had playing elite dangerous instead of reading forums.

And exactly when did he or anyone at CIG "Promise" you a Dogfighting Module... or any Module for that matter? The Modular design was not even thought of at the start of the Fund Raising campaign. This was something he came up with after as a Thank You for the Community and to give something back before the "Alpha" stage. You were promised nothing except that you could "Alpha Test".

As for Elite... You do realize that their Kickstarter was to finish an already well into development project and not to start a company and a totally new project? Their development for Elite was well underway before their fund raising campaign. SC had a tech demo... A rather impressive tech demo but just a tech demo all the same. I'm not trying to slight Elite here just stating why comparing Elite's development time to SC's isn't really fair as their game was well into production well before SC was.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by Brenelael

And exactly when did he or anyone at CIG "Promise" you a Dogfighting Module... or any Module for that matter? The Modular design was not even thought of at the start of the Fund Raising campaign. This was something he came up with after as a Thank You for the Community and to give something back before the "Alpha" stage. You were promised nothing except that you could "Alpha Test".

As for Elite... You do realize that their Kickstarter was to finish an already well into development project and not to start a company and a totally new project? Their development for Elite was well underway before their fund raising campaign. SC had a tech demo... A rather impressive tech demo but just a tech demo all the same. I'm not trying to slight Elite here just stating why comparing Elite's development time to SC's isn't really fair as their game was well into production well before SC was.

Bren

^^This

And, CR never "took" your money, you gave it freely, as did I. Crowdfunding haters are just poor unfortunates who found something else to complain about. Crowdfunding is a great way for consumers to get a product they want. Most games that are being developed through crowdfunding, well so far the ones I have bought into, have great open channels of communication to their supporting customers. They have been very diligent in taking feedback and making changes to the game. Stretch goals are another great way for supporters to further have an influence in how the game will be developed. The Start Citizen stretch goals were voted on by the supporting customers.

Someone earlier mentioned Dave Chappelle's player hater's ball, spot on.

• AvantolipAvantolip Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

I only wonder one thing: What initiative will they have to develop a real good game if they got all the revenues in front no strings attached.

He can even stop developing now and nobody would be able to do nothing. Or he can just deliver crappy buggy game and walk away .. they allready sold the game.

It will soon be apparent that these kickstarters are real bad idea

People backed Star Citizen based on representation on kickstarter (it was also stated that there were risks btw...) And if the representation convinced you it was worth it than you backed. Simple.

What convinced me was the passion behind the project ... the same passion as a director of firefly Joss Whedon had! And he was shot down by Fox inspite the fans protests. Here we at least dont have to reallay on investors who just want a big return.

I think the team working on Star Citizen really wants to make a good game and that is what convinced me. As far as I noticed they are trying to get as much money as possible but I believe that is because they have even expended on their already excessive project.

Anyway like many before me said the decision to invest is yours and to answer your question: their initiative is their desire to make a project they believe in come true. Personally I prefer that to initiative to make as much money as possible by investors.

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    FYI Kickstarter is not donation, there have been cases on kickstarter where the project have not delivered and they(the people behind the project)  have been sued and money recovered.
  • jalokojaloko Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Still waiting to see a crowd funded MMO of significance. This one might be the first, we'll wait and see.

And yes there are those like me who have never seen a video on it, just not how I go about obtaining and processing information.

Star bound did pretty good. they pulled almost 3 mill.

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Bren

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

"The people who pledge for their spaceships will get to test-fly them long before the general public. 12 months in, we will allow the early backers to play the multiplayer space combat Alpha"

They did, hell its even on the kickstarter page.  

OP. Let me ask you a question.  How many games have a Cash shop before there is even an alpha?  How many games let you buy in game currency before there is even an alpha?  If this was not SC how many people would put up with those two things already in the game?  How about the fact that CIG have distributed more Cash shop items than anything else?  They have even added more cash shop items.  How about the fact that they added a firing range that many backers can't even use, and would have to spend money in the cash shop in order to use?  So far the only thing CIG have produced is a hangar and a cash shop to spend money in.  This is not even the first time that CIG have added content to the Hangar that you had to spend extra money on, how about the buggy ramps and tracks?  How about CR in the AMD showcase lying when he said that the buggy came with larger hangars?

So far CIG actions are no different than many F2P games that are currently out, and yet the big difference is that CIG is praised for it while the F2P game are bashed for it.   

• AvantolipAvantolip Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by TheYear1500

Bren

"The people who pledge for their spaceships will get to test-fly them long before the general public. 12 months in, we will allow the early backers to play the multiplayer space combat Alpha"

OP. Let me ask you a question.  How many games have a Cash shop before there is even an alpha?  How many games let you buy in game currency before there is even an alpha?  If this was not SC how many people would put up with those two things already in the game?  How about the fact that CIG have distributed more Cash shop items than anything else?  They have even added more cash shop items.  How about the fact that they added a firing range that many backers can't even use, and would have to spend money in the cash shop in order to use?  So far the only thing CIG have produced is a hangar and a cash shop to spend money in.  This is not even the first time that CIG have added content to the Hangar that you had to spend extra money on, how about the buggy ramps and tracks?  How about CR in the AMD showcase lying when he said that the buggy came with larger hangars?

So far CIG actions are no different than many F2P games that are currently out, and yet the big difference is that CIG is praised for it while the F2P game are bashed for it.   

All true man but doesnt that say something?...that players are willing to put up with it even at such an early stage. All I hear is that people who do not pladge complain about the money others pladge :S 

Also you omited was delivered and all that is being added becose of extra funding.

I am mostly worried that the project has become overambitious.

Originally posted by Avantolip

Bren

All true man but doesnt that say something?...that players are willing to put up with it even at such an early stage. All I hear is that people who do not pladge complain about the money others pladge :S 

Also you omited was delivered and all that is being added becose of extra funding.

It says that people are desperate for this type of game and will throw money at it no matter what the Dev do.  Yes I have pledged for this game, for the same reason many people have, we played Wing Commander/Privateer and want that back.  This type of game does not get made anymore, or at least not that often, and when it does it Meh at best.  So we throw money at a memory, and can't see what is happening right now.  

CIG have stated that they wish they had not done LTI, but then they release two NEW ships with LTI on the last day.  CIG have stated they want feedback from the backers but then you have CR stating that backers are just bitching when they bring up a valid problem (Freelancer FOV).  The backers were sold the idea that backers would get to test the game at its stages, this has not happened.  Even the cash shop has permanent purchases.  CIG ask people to test the new Fire Range but if you have a Freelancer or Cutlass only package you can't do that, they give all backers 1k in game currency but you can only buy a single poster with that and even that was only because the backers went on a rampage when in game Posters cost $5 when it was first released.  Even now you can buy weapons and they cost from $4-8 each, so good luck testing anything.  

We then have the statement from CR stating that they Dog Fighting that CIG said they would release to backers (in the kickstarter page) was only a means of them making more money, but now that they have all the money they need they don't need to produce anything anymore until they want to.  In other words CIG said we have your money so F off.

Actions speak louder than words and right now CIG have shown that they are just all about the money, even after getting fully founded.   

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    FYI Kickstarter is not donation, there have been cases on kickstarter where the project have not delivered and they(the people behind the project)  have been sued and money recovered.

i keep hearing this but my google fue is weak could you give soe examples. cause i have not found any.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Originally posted by Squeak69

i keep hearing this but my google fue is weak could you give soe examples. cause i have not found any.

http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/when-kickstarter-investors-want-their-money-back.html

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Bren

It says that people are desperate for this type of game and will throw money at it no matter what the Dev do.  Yes I have pledged for this game, for the same reason many people have, we played Wing Commander/Privateer and want that back.  This type of game does not get made anymore, or at least not that often, and when it does it Meh at best.  So we throw money at a memory, and can't see what is happening right now.  

CIG have stated that they wish they had not done LTI, but then they release two NEW ships with LTI on the last day.  CIG have stated they want feedback from the backers but then you have CR stating that backers are just bitching when they bring up a valid problem (Freelancer FOV).  The backers were sold the idea that backers would get to test the game at its stages, this has not happened.  Even the cash shop has permanent purchases.  CIG ask people to test the new Fire Range but if you have a Freelancer or Cutlass only package you can't do that, they give all backers 1k in game currency but you can only buy a single poster with that and even that was only because the backers went on a rampage when in game Posters cost $5 when it was first released.  Even now you can buy weapons and they cost from $4-8 each, so good luck testing anything.  

We then have the statement from CR stating that they Dog Fighting that CIG said they would release to backers (in the kickstarter page) was only a means of them making more money, but now that they have all the money they need they don't need to produce anything anymore until they want to.  In other words CIG said we have your money so F off.

Actions speak louder than words and right now CIG have shown that they are just all about the money, even after getting fully founded.   

You're taking a lot of things out of context and misrepresenting a lot of facts as well. CIG regrets LTI because of the divide it created in the community, but releasing new ships without opportunities that the older ships had would divide the community farther. Chris Roberts DID listen to the community with the freelancer; they wanted a redesign and he redesigned it according to what the community wanted. He was frustrated because the community turned around on its head after they redesigned it; it's actually been re-redesigned now to appease the community. The backers were told they would get to play the game as modules were released. Nothing has changed. They decided to rewrite the entire backend for the DFM, so it wasn't released yet. It's that simple. The firing range only has certain weapons unlocked as they're the only ones ready to show. Again, very simle and obvious answer. It was given so that the community would have something to play with while waiting.

Where did CR ever state that the DFM was just a money grab? As to the second comment, he was saying off-hand that they had made far more money than they had ever expected, and were exceeding the mount they expected to receive. They never EVER EVER said they didn't have to make anything else; that's straight up bullshit.

Actions speak louder than words and so far CIG have proven that most important is getting the game right and delivering the game the community wants.

Stop making stuff up. It reflects poorly on the community. 

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    THEY SELL HOPE
    Originally posted by khamul787

Bren

You're taking a lot of things out of context and misrepresenting a lot of facts as well. CIG regrets LTI because of the divide it created in the community, but releasing new ships without opportunities that the older ships had would divide the community farther. Chris Roberts DID listen to the community with the freelancer; they wanted a redesign and he redesigned it according to what the community wanted. He was frustrated because the community turned around on its head after they redesigned it; it's actually been re-redesigned now to appease the community. The backers were told they would get to play the game as modules were released. Nothing has changed. They decided to rewrite the entire backend for the DFM, so it wasn't released yet. It's that simple. The firing range only has certain weapons unlocked as they're the only ones ready to show. Again, very simle and obvious answer. It was given so that the community would have something to play with while waiting.

Where did CR ever state that the DFM was just a money grab? As to the second comment, he was saying off-hand that they had made far more money than they had ever expected, and were exceeding the mount they expected to receive. They never EVER EVER said they didn't have to make anything else; that's straight up bullshit.

Actions speak louder than words and so far CIG have proven that most important is getting the game right and delivering the game the community wants.

LOL "getting the game right"?  They don't have a game yet.  How could they get it right?  Those are not actions that we can show that they have done right, because we have not seen any actions so far.  

CR said it was a "money grab"  your words not mine as I never said that, I said he was using it to make money,  in this own letter about the delay in the DFM.  Go read it.  

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13432-Letter-From-The-Chairman-On-Dogfighting

"I didn’t dream that we would be entirely community funded so early so I thought that if I released an early dogfighting build it would help drum up interest in the project"

I never said they did say they didn't have to make anything else.  But you know reading comprehension is hard.   It much easier for you to make shit up.   

CIG gave backers limited  information and then asked them to chose, now that backers were able to sit in the Freelancer they found it was shit.  

Go back and read the Kickstarter, CIG said it would happen in 12 months to be able to fly ships.  Now its going to be 16 months as CR has now said it's going to be another 4 months in an interview when he told the backers "a couple".  Ya sure it was the "backend" like we all didn't see how shit the DF currently is in the game from CIG's own video stream.  And it really does not matter the reasons, CIG sold the game telling people that they would get to play at the end of the year, and that didn't happen.  

Lastly you are clearly the only person that is making "stuff up".  You have yet to show a single thing that I have said to be untrue, while you on the other hand have lied multiple times now.    

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Bren

LOL "getting the game right"?  They don't have a game yet.  How could they get it right?  Those are not actions that we can show that they have done right, because we have not seen any actions so far.  Erm. What? They're trying to make sure when they release the DFM that it actually runs to spec and is fun and highly polished. They don't want to release a pile of trash and then improve it, as it will lower the image of the game far more than delaying a minor release.

CR said it was a "money grab"  your words not mine as I never said that, I said he was using it to make money,  in this own letter about the delay in the DFM.  Go read it.  

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13432-Letter-From-The-Chairman-On-Dogfighting

"I didn’t dream that we would be entirely community funded so early so I thought that if I released an early dogfighting build it would help drum up interest in the project"  "Again, CR NEVER said it was a money grab. He said he was surprised they made so much so early. He wanted to release the DFM before it was finished to drum up interest, but changed his mind to put out a polished game. Are you reading any of this?"

I never said they did say they didn't have to make anything else.  But you know reading comprehension is hard.   It much easier for you to make shit up.    "but now that they have all the money they need they don't need to produce anything anymore until they want to.  In other words CIG said we have your money so F off." Your exact words. They never said that, they never meant it, and they would never do it.

CIG gave backers limited  information and then asked them to chose, now that backers were able to sit in the Freelancer they found it was shit.  Well, you're skipping a step, but hey. It's fixed now anyway, so your point is moot; ironically, you set that up with a perfect example to prove your own comment wrong, as CIG very strongly considered the community's opinion on the freelancer cockpit and fixed it.

Go back and read the Kickstarter, CIG said it would happen in 12 months to be able to fly ships.  Now its going to be 16 months as CR has now said it's going to be another 4 months in an interview when he told the backers "a couple".  Ya sure it was the "backend" like we all didn't see how shit the DF currently is in the game from CIG's own video stream.  And it really does not matter the reasons, CIG sold the game telling people that they would get to play at the end of the year, and that didn't happen.  Oh no! Not a 3-4 month delay in a PRE-ALPHA STAGE RELEASE! Get over it. Shit happens. If they want to perfect the DFM before releasing it to the public, let them do it. People in these forums are absolutely rabid these days; anything but a AAA product, even in alpha, could kill the game. Yes, we've seen it in the video stream, because they have a very minimally working version already made. Seems logical on a pretty basic level. Did you not see all the bugs? Did you not see the huge number of missing animations and effects? Did you not see the graphical errors, broken HUD, glitchy multiplayer, lack of AI, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum? It's not ready.

Lastly you are clearly the only person that is making "stuff up".  You have yet to show a single thing that I have said to be untrue, while you on the other hand have lied multiple times now.    You've yet to show you were correct, even once.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Bluntoze

If you came here to defend Star Citizen , don't worry , i'm not going to troll it.

If you came here thinking it's yet another thread to throw mud on star citizen and the zillions it's robbing people , I am not going to do that either.

I'll try to be objective.

There seems to be a lot of hate towards this game. And while I can understand some people like different things, what these people say about the game is most of the time baseless, really made up stuff, and they make you think they never watched any Wingman's Hangar show or live streams.

It' so baseless that at some point I'm starting to wonder , are they a cult ? Is someone paying them to do that ? 

I'm not gonna start defending each claim , not worth it.

What I want to do is put real verifiable things in a better perspective. 

The high cost of ships that get's thrown around a lot. It's not a price, it's more like amounts that are possible to donate. 

it's true , that you get a bigger ship if you donate more, but it's donation , you can get all those things ingame.

If they will only sell $50 packages , how wold you fund the game ? Why would you buy 10 of the same thing to donate $500 ? This subject is the preferred anti crowd funding tool used by "publisher employees" haters , trolls and company.

The only ugly truth is that in this world there are people for whom $1000 is pocket money, and people that $10 is a big investment. Why the imbalance that is another issue.

Now on the whole there is no game yet and they have that much money.

I'd ask that people on how long do they thing a team works on a publisher game before they even let people know they are working on it.

Star Citizen has only one year of development. And not even that , there was no big game company before that year that started full throttle. There was no big cache of money at the start of project. It's one year of starting all from 0.

To claim that it didn't deliver anything it's actually so short sided you should not be near a keyboard without a helmet.

Star Citizen is something completely new , It can be more compared to a TV show about making a game , and you get to watch from day 1. Not after 3 years of secret research and development.

I challenge you to show me any other game that in it's first  year provided more entertainment that Star Citizen. Don't think there is one , because games have not been made in the view of the public EVER before.

The game is not at alfa stage , not even pre alfa. The game is being made. And what they do is sharing the process of making the game with people that might have no idea about how a game is made.

The fact that some people compare graphics and things from Star Citizen at this stage to that of released games , and start shouting it's not even looking that good, to these people I say , THANK YOU. You are doing it a service , if a game that barely started from scratch can compare with some sequel of a game that underwent 2-3 years of development and already had a team that worked on previous installments , than honestly you are doing it a service.

If you will read the thread title again , does it still stir you that much? It's just a statement, Star Citizen is indeed accepting people's money, as a donation to a cause , be it good or bad. And you can a small amount , as much as small amount means to your wallet.

I'll leave you all with a question I have been asking myself for a while. 

" With the latest success of so many highly crowd funded games , what are the publishers doing about it ?  What is their play to stop this trend , to discourage crowd funding? " 

Ask yourself this! What if it does work?

Asbo

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    Originally posted by Bluntoze

If you came here to defend Star Citizen , don't worry , i'm not going to troll it.

If you came here thinking it's yet another thread to throw mud on star citizen and the zillions it's robbing people , I am not going to do that either.

I'll try to be objective.

There seems to be a lot of hate towards this game. And while I can understand some people like different things, what these people say about the game is most of the time baseless, really made up stuff, and they make you think they never watched any Wingman's Hangar show or live streams.

It' so baseless that at some point I'm starting to wonder , are they a cult ? Is someone paying them to do that ? 

I'm not gonna start defending each claim , not worth it.

What I want to do is put real verifiable things in a better perspective. 

The high cost of ships that get's thrown around a lot. It's not a price, it's more like amounts that are possible to donate. 

it's true , that you get a bigger ship if you donate more, but it's donation , you can get all those things ingame.

If they will only sell $50 packages , how wold you fund the game ? Why would you buy 10 of the same thing to donate $500 ? This subject is the preferred anti crowd funding tool used by "publisher employees" haters , trolls and company.

The only ugly truth is that in this world there are people for whom $1000 is pocket money, and people that $10 is a big investment. Why the imbalance that is another issue.

Now on the whole there is no game yet and they have that much money.

I'd ask that people on how long do they thing a team works on a publisher game before they even let people know they are working on it.

Star Citizen has only one year of development. And not even that , there was no big game company before that year that started full throttle. There was no big cache of money at the start of project. It's one year of starting all from 0.

To claim that it didn't deliver anything it's actually so short sided you should not be near a keyboard without a helmet.

Star Citizen is something completely new , It can be more compared to a TV show about making a game , and you get to watch from day 1. Not after 3 years of secret research and development.

I challenge you to show me any other game that in it's first  year provided more entertainment that Star Citizen. Don't think there is one , because games have not been made in the view of the public EVER before.

The game is not at alfa stage , not even pre alfa. The game is being made. And what they do is sharing the process of making the game with people that might have no idea about how a game is made.

The fact that some people compare graphics and things from Star Citizen at this stage to that of released games , and start shouting it's not even looking that good, to these people I say , THANK YOU. You are doing it a service , if a game that barely started from scratch can compare with some sequel of a game that underwent 2-3 years of development and already had a team that worked on previous installments , than honestly you are doing it a service.

If you will read the thread title again , does it still stir you that much? It's just a statement, Star Citizen is indeed accepting people's money, as a donation to a cause , be it good or bad. And you can a small amount , as much as small amount means to your wallet.

I'll leave you all with a question I have been asking myself for a while. 

" With the latest success of so many highly crowd funded games , what are the publishers doing about it ?  What is their play to stop this trend , to discourage crowd funding? " 

Ask yourself this! What if it does work?

Then he can buy it when it is a finished product.  Sure he can miss out on some perks.  So what.

• KhurgKhurg Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I paid because I have faith in the creator of the game.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

I only wonder one thing: What initiative will they have to develop a real good game if they got all the revenues in front no strings attached.

He can even stop developing now and nobody would be able to do nothing. Or he can just deliver crappy buggy game and walk away .. they allready sold the game.

It will soon be apparent that these kickstarters are real bad idea

The bad idea is believing that the general populous has any clue what to do with their money. Most people are lost when it comes to seeing potential in investments.

The initiative is future income. They really gain nothing by walking away. Considering how stupid the MMORPG player base is, they could release no information, game play footage or anything to anyone and put it up for sale and probably sell millions of box copies. If they already have the game paid for upfront like you say, it's a win/win for them no matter how bad the game is.

The only risk taken here was whether they get funded in the first place. A fool and their money is soon parted.

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Commenting on Kickstarting as a whole is apparent that people are pretty butthurt that SC looks and feels so completely awesome. EVE onliners and Elite:Danger boys are going to be in awe at how great SC will be. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Kyleran Still waiting to see a crowd funded MMO of significance. This one might be the first, we'll wait and see. And yes there are those like me who have never seen a video on it, just not how I go about obtaining and processing information.
    Star citizen isn't an mmo.It's more of a... large multiplayer game :) People will probably call it an mmo, but as far as I know the developer isn't.

Of course it is an MMO, it might not be an MMORPG though. Those two terms mean something completely different.

Bren

LOL "getting the game right"?  They don't have a game yet.  How could they get it right?  Those are not actions that we can show that they have done right, because we have not seen any actions so far.  Erm. What? They're trying to make sure when they release the DFM that it actually runs to spec and is fun and highly polished. They don't want to release a pile of trash and then improve it, as it will lower the image of the game far more than delaying a minor release. EVERY dev will say that a delay is for the betterment of the game.  That is not proof that they are getting the "game right".  For all you know CIG's backend code will be shit.  And again its just WORDS from CIG that is what they are doing and what caused the delay.  The actions they have taken is to delay the promised (and sold) DFM back 30% or around 4 months.  Their actions are to introduce a cash shop before there is even a game.  Their actions are to push ship says, items in their cash shop and merchandizing.  

"I didn’t dream that we would be entirely community funded so early so I thought that if I released an early dogfighting build it would help drum up interest in the project"  "Again, CR NEVER said it was a money grab. He said he was surprised they made so much so early. He wanted to release the DFM before it was finished to drum up interest, but changed his mind to put out a polished game. Are you reading any of this?"

LOL do you even read what you write.  I never used the term money grab, YOU DID.  I said he was using it as a means to make money, and he was.  CR even stated he was.   

I never said they did say they didn't have to make anything else.  But you know reading comprehension is hard.   It much easier for you to make shit up.    "but now that they have all the money they need they don't need to produce anything anymore until they want to.  In other words CIG said we have your money so F off." Your exact words. They never said that, they never meant it, and they would never do it. Taken out of context and you still get it wrong.  Again I never said they "Never had to produce anything" I said they don't have to keep the time tables that they told, and sold to, backers.  That they can just release when they want an don't care what they told and sold to the backers.  

CIG gave backers limited  information and then asked them to chose, now that backers were able to sit in the Freelancer they found it was shit.  Well, you're skipping a step, but hey. It's fixed now anyway, so your point is moot; ironically, you set that up with a perfect example to prove your own comment wrong, as CIG very strongly considered the community's opinion on the freelancer cockpit and fixed it.  Sorry it does not show my comment wrong, Backers still find the current Freelancer shit, and so does CIG it seems.  I never said they would not fix it, nor did I say they don't consider the community's opinion.  That was all stuff you made up.  Good job on that by the way, you are very good at making shit up.   

Go back and read the Kickstarter, CIG said it would happen in 12 months to be able to fly ships.  Now its going to be 16 months as CR has now said it's going to be another 4 months in an interview when he told the backers "a couple".  Ya sure it was the "backend" like we all didn't see how shit the DF currently is in the game from CIG's own video stream.  And it really does not matter the reasons, CIG sold the game telling people that they would get to play at the end of the year, and that didn't happen.  Oh no! Not a 3-4 month delay in a PRE-ALPHA STAGE RELEASE! Get over it. Shit happens. If they want to perfect the DFM before releasing it to the public, let them do it. People in these forums are absolutely rabid these days; anything but a AAA product, even in alpha, could kill the game. Yes, we've seen it in the video stream, because they have a very minimally working version already made. Seems logical on a pretty basic level. Did you not see all the bugs? Did you not see the huge number of missing animations and effects? Did you not see the graphical errors, broken HUD, glitchy multiplayer, lack of AI, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum? It's not ready.  I never said it was ready, I mean do you really have this much problems reading?  I said it was not ready to be release, that it was shit, and you just backed me up that it was shit.  Again I say good job.  No one said that delays don't happen, but when you sell your item with an expected release you should be held accountable for missing that date.  Not Prasses for screwing up. 

Lastly you are clearly the only person that is making "stuff up".  You have yet to show a single thing that I have said to be untrue, while you on the other hand have lied multiple times now.    You've yet to show you were correct, even once. Really?  Please provide a single link, come on on you can do it, oh wait you can't because you just make stuff up.  

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Last year the total amount of money donated for games in crowdfunding was 100million. That is the cost of 2 AAA games.

In 6 months i have had more fun with incomplete games and gaming devices that where crowdfunded then I have in 2 AAA games.

Its a total win...

Oculus Rift

Xyson expansion

Wurm Online Expansion

Rust

yeah

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Stone_Fountain
    Commenting on Kickstarting as a whole is apparent that people are pretty butthurt that SC looks and feels so completely awesome. EVE onliners and Elite:Danger boys are going to be in awe at how great SC will be. 

Meh, I have laid my cards on the table regarding this game (or shoudl say this design for game) 

Let me try again!. Come back in 10 years, and if its still going and is still growing then i will take my hat and say well done sir, Until then sshhhh

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy