Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gift of the Valar - Skip to level 50 for 4995 tp

leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Gift of the Valar 4995 tp

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?534791-Become-Legendary-Gift-of-the-Valar-For-a-limited-time-Dec-13th-%E2%80%93-19th

Receive a gift from the Valar that makes your character powerful enough to delve in the deeps of Moria. After using the Gift of the Valar, your character will instantly be raised to level 50! Delivers a package that contains the following:
Gift of the Valar Item
A set of level 50 gear
1 Gold piece
An LIXP rune, worth enough XP to bring one LI to level 10
4 ranks of each virtue
The Riding skill
A Dusky Nimblefoot Goat
A 25-stack of food that scales with your level
A 25-stack of Morale and Power potions that scale with your level
5 +100% XP Boosts
A single-use map to Rivendell
25 Mithril Coins

Comments

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Idiotic waste of money. Enjoy paying Turbine to skip over the best content to get to the grind and boredom  :)
  • LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
     Not sure where to go with this, besides asking how the hell is LotRO sill alive? And with such a gift, it is most likely begging for a permanent shut down to end it's suffering.  If this is really 50$, you can get some pretty great games at 5~10$ a pop off Steam during the holidays.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

There were numerous threads about it on both forums when Turbine put it on Bullroarer. It's only newsworthy since now it arrived onto Live as well. True, as a "limited offer", but in Turbine's practice that only means it's limited for this week, but will come and go into the store in every couple of months...

Originally posted by iridescence
    Idiotic waste of money. Enjoy paying Turbine to skip over the best content to get to the grind and boredom  :)

I agree, it's dumb to pay for skipping Eriador, which is the best part of the world. On the other hand, it's not a waste of money sadly... as it was calculated before, for a player who doesn't mind spending for powerleveling, and want to reach the cap as soon as possible, it's a decent deal - again, sadly.

The Nimblefoot, the riding skill, the Coins, the LIXP rune, and especially the +4 to each Virtue... if you drop in the fluff too (the armour, the consumables, xp-boost) then you'll be close to 4-5k TP. So basically the convenience of instant lvl50 is almost like a free bonus to a bundled purchase.

I'm still on the side of the "this is bad for the game" camp, but I can see a rational reason too by those who will buy this pack. Like the Samwise starter pack, this Gift has an existing target audience as well. Which is sad.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75

I can only imagine the fun of grouping with folks who bought lvl50 characters.

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by IMBanks

"What's this button do? Oops." or "Use what skill to keep agro?". I foresee a lot of both being said.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra

"What's this button do? Oops." or "Use what skill to keep agro?". I foresee a lot of both being said.

And you guys as good mentors will give heads up as simple as that. That aside giving instant level 50 is not a perk in my opinion unless that person has 1 or more characters 50 or above.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

lvl 50 is barely halfway, they still have a lot of playing to do to get to where they will be grouping.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by syriinx

lvl 50 is barely halfway, they still have a lot of playing to do to get to where they will be grouping.

to get to where they will be grouping

I think the first small fellowship quest is around the lvl10ish range, big battles also start at 10, the first fellowship is at 20ish in the Barrows. There are lots of groupings below 50 as well.