It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
It's an alternate universe far far away and the horrible launch and quick death of Vanguard never happened...... Actually it never even released and is coming out this upcoming year....... It is in a finished state, not rushed, not full of bugs, and has a large development team that will stay with the game......... and the mmo community in this day and age is wanting more and more something different than the generic themepark clones we have been fed for 10 years.........
Seriously folks, would this game released properly in this day and age not get you excited? I've played so many mmo's where people will talk about things that they wish someone would make in an mmo and I've thought how Vanguard already has that. Yeah in some aspects it was still a theme park but anyone who really played the game knows it was way more than just that.
Update - this is a list of current features Vanguard already has, there seemed to be some confusion over this:
2. No instancing at all in the giant game world
3. Open world housing (also non instanced)
4. Ship building and sailing
5. Fishing that is actually interactive and deep like the crafting system
6. Group focused content
7. Diplomacy system
8. Harvesting system that is interactive and incorporates group harvesting
9. Challenging content, corpse runs, etc.
10. Tons of class and race options.
11. Giant world that creates a sense of wonder and immersion.
12. Over 120 non instanced dungeons