Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Begin your epic adventure? they should be kidding

Well,

I played WOW years ago, BC expansion i guess. so i was thinking give another try to the game , the prices are insane low, 75% for all expansions till now. a good deal , right?   wrong, I noticed that the new patch notes dev´s will give insta lv.90  to everybody, and yes, i know how satured this thread are, but i need say something about.  People will pay for nothing, all last expansions just died coz nobody will lvl 1-90 anymore, this means that lowbies will not find party, friends, mid lvl guilds to play together.

So, Dev´s just killed all past expansions , no one lv90 ( vet or new ) will back to the low or mid zones, the game will be focused only on WOD now , and for me ( and lot of guys ) all past features from WTLK , CATA  and even MOP doesn´t mean nothing, coz you won´t have a chance to play.

Again, srry to talk about that again, but is it worth pay for expansions that u will never use and just hit lv90 to do what?  PVP?  looks like a high rate private server to me.

Cya.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Yeah the free instant high level that has been around for years has destroyed the game. Where is the sarcasm button?
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I get what your saying but don't beat the dead horse, I'm well aware of how awesome the BC journey was and why it isn't in the game anymore.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

Its cool for people with old accounts who dont want to level 60-70-80  to 100

Its a pretty good idea to get those old accounts to try out the game again,  it bring them up to the current leveling and expansion.

You still need to level from 90-100.

You also only get 1 level 90, so any alts or new charcters you want to level will need to do the whole leveling process just like normal.

• neohero0001neohero0001 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by zevian

Its a pretty good idea to get those old accounts to try out the game again,  it bring them up to the current leveling and expansion.

You also only get 1 level 90, so any alts or new charcters you want to level will need to do the whole leveling process just like normal.

Exactly, for Vet´s thinking come back, this option is awesome. but for new guys and ppl who dont play since first expansion is a mess coz like i said, how can i play if everybody is 90+ or is just powerleving his alts ?  play alone in a server full of New lv90 ? looks like bored and full of ganked for ppl who dont have idea and dont care for the game.

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Originally posted by neohero0001

Exactly, for Vet´s thinking come back, this option is awesome. but for new guys and ppl who dont play since first expansion is a mess coz like i said, how can i play if everybody is 90+ or is just powerleving his alts ?  play alone in a server full of New lv90 ? looks like bored and full of ganked for ppl who dont have idea and dont care for the game.

I agree it would be a better returning player/veteran reward  but have you seen the MMO player base anymore,  if they only gave it to those flagged account many people would be up in arms because its not fair.

This was a smart way for them though,  i cant imagine too many people havent tried WoW at this point,  and this will be a good way for them to make some extra $$,    buy box set for 30 bucks, get free 90,  transfer to main account by paying 25 bucks.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Yeah the free instant high level that has been around for years has destroyed the game. Where is the sarcasm button?

I guess you're referring to SoR , well the difference between them both is the insta 90 is given to everyone, not just the odd person that hasn't played since June last year.

Every new player and old player will pick a class and hit 90 straight away, this can result in there being hardly any new people in the starter zones as they will all be making a level 90. It is only one toon, but the question is how long will it be before these new players make alts themselves? also when they do they wont be sticking around, they will be like any other person making alts which is Zerging through the content as quick as possible.

This feature would be fine for people who have already hit max level and like making alts, but for people who have never played the game, its a silly idea imo. Will we see :)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Its cool for people with old accounts who dont want to level 60-70-80  to 100Its a pretty good idea to get those old accounts to try out the game again,  it bring them up to the current leveling and expansion.You still need to level from 90-100.You also only get 1 level 90, so any alts or new charcters you want to level will need to do the whole leveling process just like normal.

Yeah, I have two characters that I would actually like to just get past the level 80 to 85 content. Kind of wish I could split that level 90 thing between them.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Well,

I played WOW years ago, BC expansion i guess. so i was thinking give another try to the game , the prices are insane low, 75% for all expansions till now. a good deal , right?   wrong, I noticed that the new patch notes dev´s will give insta lv.90  to everybody, and yes, i know how satured this thread are, but i need say something about.  People will pay for nothing, all last expansions just died coz nobody will lvl 1-90 anymore, this means that lowbies will not find party, friends, mid lvl guilds to play together.

So, Dev´s just killed all past expansions , no one lv90 ( vet or new ) will back to the low or mid zones, the game will be focused only on WOD now , and for me ( and lot of guys ) all past features from WTLK , CATA  and even MOP doesn´t mean nothing, coz you won´t have a chance to play.

Again, srry to talk about that again, but is it worth pay for expansions that u will never use and just hit lv90 to do what?  PVP?  looks like a high rate private server to me.

Cya.

Strange, my WOW fun always ended when hitting level cap as that's where everyone requires you to join in to their gear grind addiction 23/7.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Yep. WoW was always really fun until max level. I would level to max and enjoy the entire path and then gear up to an acceptable gear level and then realize my choice was to painfully farm the next level of gear just to have them release a new season and make the gear obsolete before I even got there or just reroll. I ended up with a lot of alts.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yes, because times don't change, patches and updates don't happen, and the experience new players should have should be exactly the same as veterans had during Vanilla, BC, Wrath, etc.

Just be thankful (I know, such a hard thing to be POSITIVE for once) that you got to experience past expansions while they were fresh, and look forward to a fresh new expansion (I know, again, so hard to be positive on MMORPG.com)

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Ender4

Yep. WoW was always really fun until max level. I would level to max and enjoy the entire path and then gear up to an acceptable gear level and then realize my choice was to painfully farm the next level of gear just to have them release a new season and make the gear obsolete before I even got there or just reroll. I ended up with a lot of alts.

I'm working to finish out my T16 set just because it looks freaking awesome for now and future transmog (Paladin) then I plan on going back and finishing out my exploration achievements and clearing old dungeons/raids/heroics that for some reason my account doesn't have credit for completing.

Also want to get my fishing and archaeology up to 600 before Draenor hits.

Lots to do outside of raiding.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Ender4

I'm working to finish out my T16 set just because it looks freaking awesome for now and future transmog (Paladin) then I plan on going back and finishing out my exploration achievements and clearing old dungeons/raids/heroics that for some reason my account doesn't have credit for completing.

Also want to get my fishing and archaeology up to 600 before Draenor hits.

Lots to do outside of raiding.

Agreed theres tons to do outside raiding, but people refuse to see it. I ve been leveling up Fishing, Cooking and Archaelogy as well. Trying to capture all pets as well. I don t have enough time to raid atm.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Looking at this game from the outside and seeing what the new expansion offers, WoW seems to be in its most well rounded iteration to date. Good for them!

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Blizzard has said recently in one of the articles I saw posted here that their current market strategy isn't to attract new players. It's to keep their current players playing, and to potentially have old players come back. Putting a quick get a free character guide is a smart business move considering that Cata and Pandaland are considered the two worse expansions to be released and are potentially detering people from rejoining the game or creating an alt.

Unfortunately with a vertical progression game like WoW it was only a matter of time until this was offered. Don't forget that a scroll of Rez gets you a free level 80 character right off the bat anyway, which you can use every single month to get a free 80.

Even diagonally progressive games such as EVE have given different incentives for starting characters to get into the game and effectively 'lowering' the entry bar to where the majority of the population is playing at.

It gets people playing with people and makes the game fun for them, if it's fun the chance of subscribing goes up and the game can continue to exist. At this point in the game having a high level character is effectively moot, since so much of the game's content is directed to end game play.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    I got a free level 85 in EQ2 last month. It didn't feel right as I had not done much of the previous content so I started from scratch.

^THIS

Players can always start from scratch, but MMO's are mostly about to race to a certain goal for them so those ppl get all worked up when they see players getting benefits.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• neohero0001neohero0001 Member Posts: 25
    I got a free level 85 in EQ2 last month. It didn't feel right as I had not done much of the previous content so I started from scratch.

Same here, i got my lv 85 "hero" , but i didn´t like coz my main char still lv 40+ , so , i just give up this high lvl and continue play with my lv40. Okay, everybody can do that , but the problem ( already happened in EQ2 ) is that all mid lvl and low guys just wanna skip all fun and go to cap ( or close that ) , so you become the weak guy in ur guild an really must play the game Alone, coz nobody around in mid zones. That´s my point.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

This change will have about zero noticeable effect on the leveling population

1.  They can always reduce the number of cross realm zones.  Remember, WoW's server technology is unlike all other games.  Multiple realms can share the same leveling zones.

2.  They are only giving one level 90.  Its not like characters will start at 90.  Im sure they will charge for others, but most wont pay, except for the people that buy extra accounts to RAF with.

People need to stop overreacting so much.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

Same here, i got my lv 85 "hero" , but i didn´t like coz my main char still lv 40+ , so , i just give up this high lvl and continue play with my lv40. Okay, everybody can do that , but the problem ( already happened in EQ2 ) is that all mid lvl and low guys just wanna skip all fun and go to cap ( or close that ) , so you become the weak guy in ur guild an really must play the game Alone, coz nobody around in mid zones. That´s my point.

The low/mid level population in EQ2 has been dead for 4-5 years now.  The free level 85 thing had zero impact.

And in EQ2 you can get folks to mentor down to your level to do stuff with you (if you are in a halfway decent guild anyway).  I am rarely alone in EQ2 unless I choose to be, and i dont have a single character above lvl 87.

• alanbednarzalanbednarz Member Posts: 1
    Well.. I'm disapointed..