Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dust, PS4 And Its Chances At Ever Arriving

So like many other i tried dust 514 on my old PS3, i was really disappointed in the game, i'm a big eve fan especially of the lore, but the fact they decided to release this on a PS3 instead of wait a few months and bring it to the next gen PS4? what were they thinking?

First they have had to lower the gfx to such a point they are unbearable for me, from the lack of AA, to the lack of textures and quality, not only this but the size of the maps, amount of players, content are all low because of this bad decision. Also the PS3 controller i found insanely hard to aim with and the mouse and keyboard support was terrible.

I have just bought and received my PS4 from amazon a few days ago (super lucky i know) and was soo hoping for it to come ASAP to PS4, but then i read the devs state they will not look at this till the PS3 has 80... 80 million players? last time i checked wiki the PS3 had only sold 80 million units? are they aiming for a 100% ps3 player count but even though half of the people prob dont play anymore or have bought a ps4 or xbox one...

So basically they want 80 million people even though every day less people are playing the PS3 and moving to next gen or PC, they off their heads?

But again i will stress how much they have held this game back for the next 10 years because of PS3, sure the PS4 may eventually come out and have better gfx but the content will still have to abide by the laws of the PS3 because the PS3 must be able to run it, 256mb ram vs 8 gig... for a start this aint good, so for the next 10 years the PS4 is now held back from the PS3, great choice there CCP... what have you done.

This game could have been so much more, imagine planetside 2 size or huge worlds that are fought for over days or weeks not simple matches, it could have been open world across multiple systems and planets, and as a primary pc gamer i always wanted this game on PC, but their neglect to their fanbase just shows what CCP really think, i dont care about them wanting a different fan/playerbase you just don't walk into a nightclub and try to convert everyone into hardcore WoW raiders, while starving your true fans of a game they want.

Comments

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I doubt it will ever happen, there are only a few thousand, at best, players even playing DUST514 these days, what little interest the game had with the rest of the Eve population has long since waned, the mistake was to release this game on console in the first place, it kind of doomed it to mediocrity, and when you add in the many issues the game had, some of which i believe are still unresolved, then its pretty obvious the game was never going to be going anywhere. In a years time chances are nobody will even remember this game image
  • If anything it should have been a pc/ps4 game BUY TO PLAY with a cosmetic only item shop with cammos and skins etc, its borderline pay to win as F2P.
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,766
    I hate to write the truth but CCP is being very arrogant to move the game to the PS4,  or even allow a PC client.  Their argument is that the PS3 has 80 million consoles across the planet. 80 million consoles that are going to "go away". And that the PS3 allows mouse and keyboard. Their logic is that the console allows a keyboardmouse.  I supported the game at first but I can't any longer...its awful. And I won't support anything that shafts the PC market. Especially when I use the same damn dev tools they do and know how it can be compiled for the PC- they blew it big time. 
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

    "hoping for it to come ASAP to PS4, but then i read the devs state they will not look at this till the PS3 has 80... 80 million players?"

    "So basically they want 80 million people even though every day less people are playing the PS3 and moving to next gen or PC, they off their heads?"

     

    Can you link where you read that? 

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

    Any game released in a console is wasting potential for a better game.

    If people wanna play the best games not held back by consoles..just play pc games that are exclusive for pc ..not ports made from consoles.

  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,766
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

    "hoping for it to come ASAP to PS4, but then i read the devs state they will not look at this till the PS3 has 80... 80 million players?"

    "So basically they want 80 million people even though every day less people are playing the PS3 and moving to next gen or PC, they off their heads?"

     

    Can you link where you read that? 

    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/01/ccp-still-sees-massive-opportunity-on-ps3-for-dust-514/

     

    CCP is apparently content to keep DUST 514 on the PlayStation 3 for the time being, even though there's no exclusivity deal preventing it from appearing on other platforms. CEO Hilmar Petursson recently told Eurogamer that "there isn't anything preventing us from doing anything like that other than focus and prioritization."

    "It's easy to go and look at all the new shiny things that are coming but we don't want to be doing that. We want to stick to our guns," Petursson said. "There are 80 million PlayStation 3s and we have a free-to-play game; I think there is a massive opportunity in continuing to work on that throughout next year." If that sounds like CCP isn't quite sure whether or not it will bring DUST to the upcoming PlayStation 4, well, yes. "We just haven't decided," Petursson said. "It's just as simple as that. It can, technically, be [on the PS4]. There's nothing preventing it, it's just not what we're focusing on."

     

     

    In the future I will try and post all my sources- sorry about that 

     

  • "Sony has done a really good job in cost reducing their hardware, and so the 80 million PS3s aren't going anywhere."
    However, Reid added that while CCP has nothing to announce in terms of PS4 support, the Dust 514 community can expect to be playing the game far into the future.
     
    This is one of the most retarded things ive heard from a dev, they release dust shortly before the new super powerful next gen consoles are out, which have sold millions in days.
     
    They plan to run dust for 10 years on PS3? who do you know that activly plays 1 game on the PS2 today? or the xbox? now i have a PS4 i dont want to go back to a 7 year old bad gfx 720p console. the devs should have waited a few months and brought it to PS4 and PC.
     
    They state that the 80 million PS4 players arn't going anywhere? many have already gone to ps4 and xbox one in the last few weeks? and more will continue after they get their christmas presents and money and more stock becomes available.
     
    The fact they have not even started working on a PS4 port when loads of games have been in creation for the PS4 and xbox one for years, this is such a farse on their side, they DID NOT THINK TO THE FUTURE, they want all the people who move away from old gen to new gen to actually unplug their PS4/Xbox and plug in an old console TO PLAY ONE F GAME? are they off their nut?

    I heard they charge $100 for a respec in game? is this really true? multiple people say it is? if so thats just bad, especially when they make and break builds constantly making half of the SP useless.

    Lets face it CCP have messed up so much in the past and currently and in the future, no matter how many times they apologize and say sorry and promise to do better, they always mess up as eve online has showed us, i give it a year or two before they are on their knees begging and saying sorry for what a pillock they have been with Dust 514 with no next gen support or PC

    P.S. The screenshots of dust on their website, FALSE, yeah like the game is that good looking, i like how they added AA and AF and sharped textures to the screenshots...

     

     
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

    Any game released in a console is wasting potential for a better game.

    If people wanna play the best games not held back by consoles..just play pc games that are exclusive for pc ..not ports made from consoles.

    I don't know... there has been an awful lot of really bad PC only games over the years lol.

    image
  • Originally posted by Lateris
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

    "hoping for it to come ASAP to PS4, but then i read the devs state they will not look at this till the PS3 has 80... 80 million players?"

    "So basically they want 80 million people even though every day less people are playing the PS3 and moving to next gen or PC, they off their heads?"

     

    Can you link where you read that? 

    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/01/ccp-still-sees-massive-opportunity-on-ps3-for-dust-514/

     

    CCP is apparently content to keep DUST 514 on the PlayStation 3 for the time being, even though there's no exclusivity deal preventing it from appearing on other platforms. CEO Hilmar Petursson recently told Eurogamer that "there isn't anything preventing us from doing anything like that other than focus and prioritization."

    "It's easy to go and look at all the new shiny things that are coming but we don't want to be doing that. We want to stick to our guns," Petursson said. "There are 80 million PlayStation 3s and we have a free-to-play game; I think there is a massive opportunity in continuing to work on that throughout next year." If that sounds like CCP isn't quite sure whether or not it will bring DUST to the upcoming PlayStation 4, well, yes. "We just haven't decided," Petursson said. "It's just as simple as that. It can, technically, be [on the PS4]. There's nothing preventing it, it's just not what we're focusing on."

    In the future I will try and post all my sources- sorry about that 

    And this is why dust will fail, they are not even future proofing the game, the game is already boring and old, and with such games as BF4 and planetside 2 which is much much bigger and better and open world, the only people who care about the link to dust and eve are the pc players of eve, not the random console player, this is why dust will not last.

    The hardware of the PS4 would have ensured that 10 year future plan for dust, but they want another 10 years out of PS3? that's insane, mental... that's like us still playing a PS2 in 3 more years!!!

    At least the game would have a dedicated fan base on PC, i know many eve players who dont have or want a ps3 but would like to play dust, but if they get anything it will be a future gen console not ex gen.

    CCP are making yet another chronic mistake, i mean how bad are things if they really charge £100 for a SP respec? and have a borderline P2W model.

  • Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

    Any game released in a console is wasting potential for a better game.

    If people wanna play the best games not held back by consoles..just play pc games that are exclusive for pc ..not ports made from consoles.

    I don't know... there has been an awful lot of really bad PC only games over the years lol.

    There have also been a lot of amazing Console exclusives like last of us and beyond two souls, or halo and gears of war. ive played so many shit pc indy games, and indy games are flooding the market now with steam especially, i hate these cheap old school tacky games, not to mention most pc games run piss poor and have little optimization.

    I really enjoy killzone, knack and black flag on my PS4, can't wait till order 1886 comes out, that game looks freaking awesome.

  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 136

    This is really just typical CCP. Noone can really tell them what to do but themselves, they've shown that time and time again with how EVE Online has been designed and implemented. My roommate got a PS4 the same day it came out(his birthday happened to fall on the same exact day), and I watched him play CoD Ghosts for about a week. I then went and played DUST again for the first time in awhile on my PS3, and the graphics for that game are truly abysmal. It's really, really bad. I can't imagine what universe this company lives in other than their own strange sense of doing things. I mean, this sort of thing is bad enough, but they're also laying off people from World of Darkness, which is honestly the only thing they were doing that interested me in the slightest. I generally dislike Blizzard, especially over the last few years, but even Blizzard is doing a better job than CCP these days.

    It's really sad.

  • lol only issue i have with blizzard is it takes them forever to do anything, i sh you not... it took them like 10 years to make diablo 3, their new MMO titan has been in the making for lik e5 years now they just announce they are restarting it? WHAT THE FK? they are remodeling the races on wow also after 3 years of work they now got the dwarf and orc done... amazing lol, i dont know how blizzard can have so much money and be so fu disgustingly slow as even the most simplest of things
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,094
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

    "hoping for it to come ASAP to PS4, but then i read the devs state they will not look at this till the PS3 has 80... 80 million players?"

    "So basically they want 80 million people even though every day less people are playing the PS3 and moving to next gen or PC, they off their heads?"

     

    Can you link where you read that? 

    WTF?

    image

  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,094
    Originally posted by AndrewGoat

    This is really just typical CCP. Noone can really tell them what to do but themselves, they've shown that time and time again with how EVE Online has been designed and implemented. My roommate got a PS4 the same day it came out(his birthday happened to fall on the same exact day), and I watched him play CoD Ghosts for about a week. I then went and played DUST again for the first time in awhile on my PS3, and the graphics for that game are truly abysmal. It's really, really bad. I can't imagine what universe this company lives in other than their own strange sense of doing things. I mean, this sort of thing is bad enough, but they're also laying off people from World of Darkness, which is honestly the only thing they were doing that interested me in the slightest. I generally dislike Blizzard, especially over the last few years, but even Blizzard is doing a better job than CCP these days.

    It's really sad.

    Dust 514 was badly designed. I will talk more about this in my own thread later perhaps.

    image

  • Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

    I must confess that if DUST 514 were on PS4, I would be playing DUST 514.  That's because there is so little out right now on PS4, I'm willing to give new things a try, even games on the margins that I wouldn't think of playing otherwise.  Heck.  I have Contrast, Knack and Injustice: Gods Among Us on there, only because there's not much else out right now.  Plus, I've got gobs of hard drive space to install.

    I do have PS3.  I'd have no problem playing it on my PS3, but the hard drive space is at a premium on it, and I don't have the space for it.  If I am to play DUST 514 on my PS3, it would mean I'd have to uninstall the three games on there right now that I play regularly in order to play it, which is just too much of a tradeoff.

    __________________________
    "Its sad when people use religion to feel superior, its even worse to see people using a video game to do it."
    --Arcken

    "...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

    "It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,094
    Originally posted by Chattaway

    So like many other i tried dust 514 on my old PS3, i was really disappointed in the game, i'm a big eve fan especially of the lore, but the fact they decided to release this on a PS3 instead of wait a few months and bring it to the next gen PS4? what were they thinking?

    First they have had to lower the gfx to such a point they are unbearable for me, from the lack of AA, to the lack of textures and quality, not only this but the size of the maps, amount of players, content are all low because of this bad decision. Also the PS3 controller i found insanely hard to aim with and the mouse and keyboard support was terrible.

    I have just bought and received my PS4 from amazon a few days ago (super lucky i know) and was soo hoping for it to come ASAP to PS4, but then i read the devs state they will not look at this till the PS3 has 80... 80 million players? last time i checked wiki the PS3 had only sold 80 million units? are they aiming for a 100% ps3 player count but even though half of the people prob dont play anymore or have bought a ps4 or xbox one...

    So basically they want 80 million people even though every day less people are playing the PS3 and moving to next gen or PC, they off their heads?

    But again i will stress how much they have held this game back for the next 10 years because of PS3, sure the PS4 may eventually come out and have better gfx but the content will still have to abide by the laws of the PS3 because the PS3 must be able to run it, 256mb ram vs 8 gig... for a start this aint good, so for the next 10 years the PS4 is now held back from the PS3, great choice there CCP... what have you done.

    This game could have been so much more, imagine planetside 2 size or huge worlds that are fought for over days or weeks not simple matches, it could have been open world across multiple systems and planets, and as a primary pc gamer i always wanted this game on PC, but their neglect to their fanbase just shows what CCP really think, i dont care about them wanting a different fan/playerbase you just don't walk into a nightclub and try to convert everyone into hardcore WoW raiders, while starving your true fans of a game they want.

    I said this.

     

    And Was bashed for it.

     

    My suggestion, was to make the PS3 modes stay cross gen modes for both the PS3 and PS4 version so they can play together.

     

    But on the PS4 version, they have extra modes with larger map and larger player cap,  like a 100 vs 100 mode with captured keeps and objectives. But this is exclusive content to the PS4 version and not the PS3 version, so these modes dont get held back by PS3's limited hardware.

    image

  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Doubt CCP will waste money on a PS4 port.
  • EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

    Doubt CCP is not able to do something terrible and stupid over and over again. 

    Maybe a little understanding is needed. 

    First. EVE online is the worst sandbox I've faced on my whole life; I liked it for some long time but was boring, people was a chunk of freaks and the progression ensured never to catch the old ones. Graphics sub par. Music not even with the slightlest trace of good taste. Handbook for Dummies. Spreadsheet feeling. When skills done it was only a zergfest. Best of it all: some parts of the community that really love the game and work harder than CCP itself. (At least in that Korean garbage named as Lineage2 the zergfests were even funny and motivated by some intra-role if you were into it, but EVE, bah. C'mon. 

    Second. Dust514 released for a dying platform, as Sony by the time it was developed was sending to the companies the new rules to design properly for the, then, upcoming PS4. MMMmm. Were they missing something? It was obvious that with some planning and pushing out Dust514 for the brand new PS4 would have rocketed the fame of the game to the stars. But no, they were stubborn enough to ignore that simple rule of marketing: Plus + Plus = Success.

    Third. The snobbish deal with the, perhaps, the third most important IP in general gaming, World Of Darkness. This was another hand full aces poker all in one. The perfect match if you like football. Your competitors have tried everything, from Conan the Barbarian to the fake version of Warhammer that is nowadays the most important MMORPG in the world, that is... You all know what is this one. Even a company with talent and capable of doing things well gets the real Warhammer IP and surrender'd by a fake competitor it falls down to the rocks at the bottom of the pallisade. Yes, Bioware Mythic did a good job, but the big brother was too strong and too similar. And then, oh, wait, an icelandic company buys the entire White Wolf Studio, the creators of some of the more important and meaningful gaming IP's in roleplaying History and then, after failing technically they throw everything and everyone to the nearest trashcan so that White Wolf must re-do a crowdfunding campaing to make an special edition of their own table-top games Books. What?! Yes, it has worked like that. It's happening right now and in an incredible style of "let copy the cash shop Korean garbage to stab our admirers in the back and raise at least funds to survive". Wait. Is this real? Yes. A corporate White Wolf RP contacted me some hours ago to ask me if I would like to be a patron in their patronage programm for dedicated World of Darkness players - in table-top games- via Facebook. - some years ago I had one of the first web pages dedicated to the study of the game- i did it on a simple HTML work in Microsoft Notepad-  but I don't know why the page became slightly important among the fans in that early times when only UO pre- trammel and AC and SRPG Dungeon Siege were at the top of gaming in a spreading internet. I don't know how but White Wolf has been keen enough to at least remember that, but, the big company that CCP is, has let them down as killed mockingbirds. Wait? Yes. That's real. World of Darkness is selling books, single books on about $450 each unit for the 20th anniversary. But, Alas, no MMORPG has been done with that incredible, massive, rolling, amazing IP. Nothing. Zero. Null.

    So that, even if they kick a new Dust514 port for PC I will let it get its own dust in the market shelves. And for the sake of Khorne, or whoever is on control up there, I would love to play Dust514 the way it could have been with a little entrepreneaur wits from their part. But the thing is over and ruined. Not my fault. I have spent money in EVE online for me and my friends. I have bought plex, I have worked out role playing character sheet and stories for my nearest playing mates to get them involved into it, but they left me alone and the big EVE left me rot in boredom.

    That's is the way of the brave Icelandic CCP. And how have they worked things out. So it is.  A sad story or a schizophrenic delirium maybe.... but from the sane minds of a what once was an admirable company.

     

    It is a question of fangs.

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

    CCP are now developing Legion and Valkyrie to add to the Eve universe. Legion will be a PC FPS with a bit more 'scope' than that of the original Dust 514, i don't know whether Dust will be phased out once Legion releases, or if it will be allowed to run alongside, but given how few actually play Dust, my guess is that they will allow it to quietly disappear.

    It is highly likely that Valkyrie will be on both PC and PS4, and given its use of upcoming VR technology, it will probably prove to be very popular among those who enjoy playing aircraft combat type games, and as the fighters themselves are apparently highly modable. image

  • Oije64Oije64 Member UncommonPosts: 10

    I dont think that will come a PS-4 Version and if so I would not buy one only because of DUST 514. I played a lot when they launched it 2 years ago, every day for many hours. Because of my age I was not able to become a bunny, hopping over the battlefield the whole day, so I had to play as a sniper and i have beend bashed for that many times.

    Today I am playing from time to time one ore two matches and then I pause for weeks or even months. No more fun to be a sniper.

     

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Oije64

    I dont think that will come a PS-4 Version and if so I would not buy one only because of DUST 514. I played a lot when they launched it 2 years ago, every day for many hours. Because of my age I was not able to become a bunny, hopping over the battlefield the whole day, so I had to play as a sniper and i have beend bashed for that many times.

    Today I am playing from time to time one ore two matches and then I pause for weeks or even months. No more fun to be a sniper.

     

    Bit of a Necro post here, not sure anyone is even looking at Dust as being a game anymore, it failed and pretty much disappeared. image

Sign In or Register to comment.