Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

massively.com- The Art of Wushu: Taking all comers with Shaolin boxing

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Of all of the fighting styles in Age of Wushu, Shaolin Long Boxing is the one I hate the most. It has no counters or easy answers. In a close-combat fight, Long Boxing is unmatched. The only real option is to run away, and in the narrow confines of a duel arena, even that option is limited.

However, I don't dislike Long Boxing because it's the best. There has to be a "best" style, though that can be obfuscated a bit with counters (which is the case for many other top-tier styles). The reason I hate it is that it has no counterplay. Even if you understand exactly what your opponent will do next with Long Boxing, there are only a tiny handful of style-specific answers if your opponent just follows a basic flowchart. Everyone else just loses. It's really that frustrating.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

rock>scissor>paper kinda thing ;) As a Tangmen I have no problems with Shaolin because of their complete lack of range attacks. 

Non shoas should always look to block when coming up from the their feint if it didn't break you block. Vlose range they are very tough, kinda like Royal Guards and range. They are a tough nut to crack, but once you understand the style they become very manageable.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"