Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on Excellent Speakers 70 €/$ max... 2.0 or 2.1 system. Help pls...

DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

Looking to buy Great speakers 2.0 or 2.1 system.

I'm content with just 2 speakers but if it has a sub woofer no problem....as long as the sound is Great. No average or ok stuff just awesome sound.

Any advice pls...

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Not sure there's any such thing as a 2 or 2.1 speaker system that delivers awesome sound. Most high end systems are going to be 5.1 or even 7.1.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
  • hawkrylhawkryl Member Posts: 24

Try these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121048

I have them and their great. 

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Well if you want an "Excellent" 2.0/2.1 Speaker system you should be looking at professional equipment instead of consumer equipment. This means leaving behind the likes of Logitech and going into the world of Behringer or Bose.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

You'll want to be searching for 2.0 active studio monitors, eg http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/category/recording/monitoring/monitors/active-monitors/?sort=price_asc

yep.  go to a music store and look for some nice monitor speakers.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    As mentioned you are only going to get "OK" for that price. In the UK the best you can get for that money is a pair of Edifier 2.0 r1600's that are on offer more often than not at OCUK for £50. Other than those there really isn't anything decent.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy You'll want to be searching for 2.0 active studio monitors, eg http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/category/recording/monitoring/monitors/active-monitors/?sort=price_asc
    yep.  go to a music store and look for some nice monitor speakers.

Something like that had never occurred to me, but that would probably give the best audio quality. Just remember to get an adapter wire so you can plug the speakers in. Doesn't sound like they'll plug directly into your PC audio out jack.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

$70 and "awesome sound" probably not going to work well together.

First off - stay far away from anything labeled "Computer Speaker" - there are not many good ones in the first place, and the ones that are good are very over priced.

There are great 2.0 speaker sets out there - in fact, some of the best are 2.0 (5.1 is kinda gimmicky)

Independent bookshelf speakers + amps, or Studio monitors are where you get your best bang for the buck. To get into the "awesome sound" category, your probably talking about $125-150 entry level for a good solid set of 15-25W 2.0's (and you don't need a ton of power behind computer speakers, 25W from a good system is more than enough to fill a typical room up past what is prudent)

Here's about the only one I could find in your price range:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/alesis-elevate-3-studio-monitors

Not really a computer hardware site, but for this purpose it works well. I have no idea how high fedility these speakers are, but in your price range this (or something like this) what I would be looking at. Bump that up to $150 and you start to get into the budget audiophile stuff (although more than doubling your budget for a set of speakers for a computer is a lot for most people to swallow, I admit, but it all depends on how much you really like your music I guess)

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

$70 and "awesome sound" probably not going to work well together.

First off - stay far away from anything labeled "Computer Speaker" - there are not many good ones in the first place, and the ones that are good are very over priced.

There are great 2.0 speaker sets out there - in fact, some of the best are 2.0 (5.1 is kinda gimmicky)

Independent bookshelf speakers + amps, or Studio monitors are where you get your best bang for the buck. To get into the "awesome sound" category, your probably talking about $125-150 entry level for a good solid set of 15-25W 2.0's (and you don't need a ton of power behind computer speakers, 25W from a good system is more than enough to fill a typical room up past what is prudent)

Here's about the only one I could find in your price range:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/alesis-elevate-3-studio-monitors

Not really a computer hardware site, but for this purpose it works well. I have no idea how high fedility these speakers are, but in your price range this (or something like this) what I would be looking at. Bump that up to $150 and you start to get into the budget audiophile stuff (although more than doubling your budget for a set of speakers for a computer is a lot for most people to swallow, I admit, but it all depends on how much you really like your music I guess)

Those look great...Thanks all