Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation - Video BreakDown for Lazies

IylzIylz Member Posts: 107

I am making this thread because I, like many people, have been sitting in gaming limbo waiting for one to come along to give me a home. Types of MMORPG players, like myself, aren't meant to be nomadic, they are meant to thrive in a virtual world. Right now I believe that The Repopulation is that game for me. Like any MMO it has it's growing pains, and more than others coming from a small development team. I have seen first hand the working features in the game, the information is available to everyone. I have also seen the time and energy the A&B Tech team puts into listening and interacting with the community. So for all the haters out there here's is a quick and easy way to send you somewhere else to hate.

The Repopulation

Repop Kickstarter

Systems that are currently working!

Character Creation:

Nations (City Building):

Trade Skills:

Fitting System (How Gear Works):

Crafting System:

Player Housing:

Siege System:

This is what they bring to the table with the measly $50,000 from Kickstarter and other round 2 pledges and whatnot. Personally, I am impressed because I don't see a working set of features that look like this from many other studios using Kickstarter or having 100s of millions in backing from the get. Call me a fanboy or call me whatever, but I don't mind putting my faith in this team.

If you have any questions, concerns, cares, woes, moments of enlightenment, and/or confusion; I am sure someone from the team would be more than happy to respond to you here (Tact is always the key):

https://www.therepopulation.com/forums/

Some other nice vids that show the features and a bit of the game:

PAX East Teaser:

Pre-Alpha Trailer #2:

So for people looking for this type of game it really isn't just smoke, it's real.

Comments

• daterxiesdaterxies Member UncommonPosts: 14

Well this is an example of what happens when you have dedicated gamers building a game that they really want to enjoy IMO.

Plus kickstarter is rather vague isnt it?  Does anyone know how much of that money ACTUALLY goes into making the game.. opposed to other stuff? Generally speaking if you have a team of a few people at get 30,40,50k whatever dollars whos to say they dont spend some of that money on themselves..  AFAIK theres no contract saying you HAVE to use that money for the kickstarter project. Could be mistaken though.

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    Like I said, $50,000 for all those features already developed, I feel my money is well spent.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I took a few minutes a while ago to read up on this game, and it's now on my radar. I especially liked the way the dev team was - talking about, at least - embracing randomness. And by that I don't really mean things like having a random chance to fail a crafting result, etc.. But more along the lines of having your crafting result possibly produce a unique item. Or of having the locations of resources and quests be randomly generated, and so on. Replayability and the potential for long term play are, in my opinion, attractions which modern MMORPGs are lacking. And with which certain elements of variation being designed in could help.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Nice job putting this together.  I threw them 100 bucks sometime in 2012.  Can't wait to see where they go with this.  I think it is going to be great.  I've never witnessed a more dedicated team of people work on a game.  

No bitchers.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    The developers are very experienced. There is a thread in their mmorpg.com section stating that they had made a lot of money from their preorders and not just 50k from Kickstarter. Also there are a lot more people working on the game than it seems https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/about-us . This game already craps on a lot of whats out there on the market IMO. Tired of the same themeparks over and over. The Repopulation is taking it back to the old school. a lot of people are going to be surprised.
  • RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Op forgot their latest trailer I believe LATEST VIDEO , that one was pre alpha like a year old.
  • ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    It always struck me as a modern day SWG pre cu and all that bs. I'm interested in the game but haven't purchased it yet in any form as the rewards (primarily access) still seems too far off. Once it opens up a little more and I start hearing more about it from testers and I'm not buying into something that is a few development phases off getting my hands on I expect I'll part with my money happily.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    I just loved the title of the thread, had to post. Get of your backsides lazies and watch those videos! :)
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

They should put it up on Steam as early release.  Lot of developers are doing this and it's a great way to get some funding.  I am not really big on buying these beta releases on Steam but I would in this case.