Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Checking Out Heavy Armor

2»

Comments

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by RPGForever
    A lot of hype with this game I just wait it is so good as people claim.

It's not that much hype actually. It's mainly been controversy regarding TES:O. Personally I think it's going to be a good MMO, but a mediocre game, minimum. I doubt it will be utter bullocks.

As a point of reference: WoW is a great MMO but a terrible game. SWTOR is a mediocre MMO and an alright game. The MMO aspect being the social mechanics, social atmosphere and the structure of the world and economy. The Game aspect refers to the game mechanics, storyline and world atmosphere.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

It would be strange if concept art never made it into the game... Its a safe bet, to assume its in.

It would be more misleading by the devs rather than anyone looking at these pics not to expect them to be in the game.

So why would ESO devs release this info then, if its not in thier game? Hmmm?

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

*Face palm* You can't simply say Elder Scrolls Online site is showing in game images of heavy armor and post concept art. Concept art does not mean it's in the game.

Agreed.

I think in this case it is simply a case of very poor grammar that's lead to the confusion.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

This concept ARTS proof hOW ESO will be more like WoW then Elder Scrolls what a lore unfriendly armor unworthy for true Elder Scroll games.

It also looks very WoW cartoony ESO becomes a true WoW themepark clone.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by Classicstar

This concept ARTS proof hOW ESO will be more like WoW then Elder Scrolls what a lore unfriendly armor unworthy for true Elder Scroll games.

Art style doesn't have a thing to do with gameplay. Go look at at least one of the gameplay vids that are out and tell me how in the world you think this is like WoW?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Why would non humans make armor that looks like it was made by and for humans ?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Looks like quite a few people here haven't ever played a TES game or at least one since Morrowind. All armor has always looked "made for humans" in this universe as every playable species is humanoid in form.

As for Wow comparisons, really? The Khajit version maybe, but it still has more of a TEs flair in my eyes, it looks like something stylized around the Indoril armors from Morrowind to me.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Classicstar

How is that armor lore unfriendly? It looks like oblivion and skyrim armor to me

unless you think those two games are lore unfriendly as well

• frookillfrookill Member UncommonPosts: 4
    not that I know much bout this game but the races I seen so far look almost like a cut and paste from eq like that concept art I see a Iskar and a karren in that pic.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by turinmacleod

So that pic is of an ORC, an ARGONIAN and a KHAJIT, correct?

Because they all look like humans with a mask and tail pinned on.  Where are the physiological differences?  Why are none of the legs back-bent, like an animals?  Shouldn't different races have a recognizable structural difference if only for diversity sake.

Stuff like this contributes to the accusations of the game looking very homogenized, in my opinion.  I want orcs to have huge, hulking shoulders, elves to be unnaturally slim, cat people and lizard people to have back-bent legs, or bent spines or SOMETHING to make them look different.

T

Yeah that was one of the complaints in some very very very early press conferences that Zenimax had for some journalists, or whatever you call gamer activists.  Argonians where too similar to human physics and their iconic physical features the distinguished themselves were pretty much gone.  They even went as far as getting rid of the accents and style of speaking of the Khajit and Argonians.  Reminds me of SWTOR where the models are just human reskins.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by frookill
    not that I know much bout this game but the races I seen so far look almost like a cut and paste from eq like that concept art I see a Iskar and a karren in that pic.

Thats like saying that GW2 Charr are copies of WoW's Tauren.  One only has to play any of the Elder Scrolls games to know that the models are derived from their own engines.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by frookill

The lizard is a Argonian and the cat is a Khajiit which have been in elder scrolls since 1994 with its first game.  EQ came out in 1998.  And fantasy in general have been using these types of races forever in its genre.