Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My thoughts on Everquest Next

kiltakkiltak Member Posts: 103

So been watching videos on EverQuest Next especially on the landmark building tools. I'll be the first to admit the world looks beautiful. However lets be honest here this is nothing more then Sony copying Minecraft; nothing original here. Second giving players the tools to create whatever they want in the world (to a degree) is going to suck beyond imagination. I'm sorry but I don't to be roaming through the game and come across stupid buildings or what not.

Picture this you're out and about having fun adventuring and see where the road takes you when you run in to something stupid like the Death Star because some num nut out there decided that it would be cool to build it just because they can. I saw video where guy was talking about how some one build a snow cone. Now this to me ruins the idea of them.

The idea of giving players the ability to change landscape and to making buildings and towns and what not is a great idea. However as I pointed out that you will have players that will create stupid things in the game just because they can. Now maybe they have a way of dealing with this I don't know but so far I'm not impressed with what I've seen. 

Comments

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by kiltak

So been watching videos on EverQuest Next especially on the landmark building tools. I'll be the first to admit the world looks beautiful. However lets be honest here this is nothing more then Sony copying Minecraft; nothing original here. Second giving players the tools to create whatever they want in the world (to a degree) is going to suck beyond imagination. I'm sorry but I don't to be roaming through the game and come across stupid buildings or what not.

Picture this you're out and about having fun adventuring and see where the road takes you when you run in to something stupid like the Death Star because some num nut out there decided that it would be cool to build it just because they can. I saw video where guy was talking about how some one build a snow cone. Now this to me ruins the idea of them.

The idea of giving players the ability to change landscape and to making buildings and towns and what not is a great idea. However as I pointed out that you will have players that will create stupid things in the game just because they can. Now maybe they have a way of dealing with this I don't know but so far I'm not impressed with what I've seen. 

"you will have players that will create stupid things", from a certain point of view. - Ben Kenobi *Star Wars A New Hope*  :)

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    So you don't like the free for all building in EQNL...ok then play EQN.
  • Yyrkoon_PoMYyrkoon_PoM Member Posts: 150
    Num nuts have been around since the time of the cave man ... so not sure why you feel their presence  is any different in EQN:L.  Every multiplayer or online game has the chance of attracting a num nut, and in this case EQN:L will be no different. Will they have greater control over their plot of land, yes ... will it bother some people, yes.  Is it a game breaker, no as the game will be f2p and available to anyone with an internet connection in a country where the game is available. There is a possibility that the world will be divided into different themes or something and I have a feeling there will be some control on SoEs part to crush the more "creative" creations.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Landmark is a stand alone game from EQN. If you don't want to see the Death Star, don't play LM. With the gear being given with the Founders Packs, it is obvious they are trying to bring in fantasy and scifi builders, so there will certainly be a lot of non EQverse creations and I think that is great. Landmark gives the more creative types a place explore their imaginations and build something amazing (regardless of genre), if it happens to be EQish, it could make it into EQN itself. While I'm sure there will be a lot of RPG elements in Landmark, it seems mainly for those that like to build and create, not those trying to adventure and progress their character.