Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Fans Here Is Your --Tree Of Savior!!!--

renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Well i just stumbled upon this video of a new upcoming Korean mmorpg called Tree Of Savior.

The Graphics/Gameplay  resemble Ragnarok Online and as it is safe to say that RO2 was a failure and a huge disappointment  for RO online fans we might finally have a spiritual RO sequel.

It is said that Tree Of Savior will have 80 classes which can be mixed (subclasses?),each class will have 10 stages of advancement!!,and some of them will be hidden in the game for players to find.

The game will be in an open world setting,with instanced dungeons.

Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBuPMfG5y4

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
Add Multi-Quote

Comments

• MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226

It looks like a Korean Torchlight 2, demographically targeting adolescents. Sorry if that sounds negative. I guess alot of games are arguably made for that demographic.

My gf watched the video over my shoulder. She said it looked "cute".

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    It just seems like a reboot and spraypaint job of some Diablo clone.  Without being sarcastic, there was noting there that got my interest.
  • murlokermurloker Member UncommonPosts: 35

Alot of negative feedback here! (And i think it is a thing of taste.)

But as a Ragnarok fan myself i see nothing but gold. Hope more information is to be released soon! 

• Walkyier70Walkyier70 Member UncommonPosts: 67

totally looking forward to this !!

http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    This looks like something for the pre-teen audience. 
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

RO was technically a Diablo1 clone but the HUGE open world made it a thousand times better than D1.

This here looks like an adventure on rail tracks just like D3 and that will never even remotely capture the feeling of the original RO.

Harbinger of Fools
  • codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47

It is being made by the same guy who did the original Ragnarok Online. Developer is Kim Hakkyu. This game is going to be a lot better than that RO2 we saw.

So it doesn't even make any sense to compare this to other than Ragnarok, which is a really positive thing in my opinion. :)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/projectr1/info

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Sure beats playing RO2 to try and remember the good old days of RO1 unless you like RO2 in which case good luck.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I must say it looks real good. Quite fun and does have a darker edge that doesn't seem too overbearing.  Paint me interested.

Shame so many ignorant people are around here with the primative mindset. "Me see 2.5D game, me think Diablo clone but with cute thing in some spot make for kid cause cute thing make me not manly." Yes I had to speak in caveman speak mimicking how I see them judging the game in such a narrow view set. Oh well their loss for having such a limited view on things. :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

this game has a classic jrpg style. To those saying that its made for young kids, you clearly didnt play video games when the jrpg genre was at its finest. Welcome to classic video games. Games dont need to look like Battlefield to be meant for older audiences. Those are the worst looking anyways.

Note: i hope the developers of this game dont make just another f2p korean grinder with this game. I wish it was not an mmo but it still looks amazing.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I am very interested in this! I still play classics like Legends of Kesmai and Kingdom of Drakkar that have 2D paper sprite graphics so a RO clone is fine by me!