Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Class Accidentally Revealed!

2»

Comments

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by yuri330

when you have a lot of classes in your game it makes it very difficult to make everyone happy with their class.

I'll agree with your point that more classes make it more challenging to balance, but trying to make  "everyone happy" with their class is a total and complete waste of time. All a dev should be concerned with is if the balance is "close" on paper and simulation, and should make sure there are unique abilities across all classes, even if some "seem" op in game.

You're never going to satisfy the crybaby pvp'er, because he doesn't understand that he's the reason he lost the fight, not because he was fighting an "op" class. They could both jump on each others character, and he would still lose even though he was using the guys "op" toon that just beat him in the last fight.

• R3dGallowsR3dGallows Member Posts: 7
    It really depends how the skill system will turn out. If each class has a decent amount of different skills to choose from (50+) and theres a lot of varied synergy between those skills, 6 classes can be more than enough. Look at GW1 deck system. There were dozens of builds for each class. Sure there were cookie cutter ones, but each class had a couple of them and they played very differently.  
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Alders

Medic will be the 6th class.

Still way too few classes at launch for my liking.

Fact is that all classes have 3 different specs. So its like each class is 3... kind of

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Fact is that all classes have 3 different specs. So its like each class is 3... kind of

errr. how did you come up with that "fact"?

there are more than 12 skills to chose from, how exactly did you calculate those 3 speccs?

how about 2? as it was said earlier?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    rift technically only has four classes.... but tons of variety when it comes to the " souls" or specs I'd you will.... so if each class has enough variation in the specs then it can work just fine
  • DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150

From what I can see in the videos, each class has about 30-40 skills to choose from to lock on their 8ish ability bar. That allows for a whole lot of variety. I am going to assume you can make all kinds of roles. Support, DPS, tank, Buffer, healer, CCer, and others. 

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by Thane

there are more than 12 skills to chose from, how exactly did you calculate those 3 speccs?

Based on watching live streams there are a lot more than 12 skills. That said each class is intended to fit one of two roles, DPS or Heal/Tank. I think a lot of people are referring to support/hybrid as another potential role for each class - which is probably going to be more viable for some classes more than others.

• DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Originally posted by GlacianNex
    Originally posted by Thane

Based on watching live streams there are a lot more than 12 skills. That said each class is intended to fit one of two roles, DPS or Heal/Tank. I think a lot of people are referring to support/hybrid as another potential role for each class - which is probably going to be more viable for some classes more than others.

^ I too have been watching the Streams. It looked like Esper had three lines with about 15ish skills in each, from what I saw. Like, Assault, SOMETHING and Utility, oh and Path, but they never clicked on it. 

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Yeah you guys are late the new classes where known 4 or 5 months ago... You can even find what the classes will be in the expansion or update if you look.....Seems one of the beta testers broke down the code and posted the info, somewhere...And turns out he was right, about the medic and engy that is.

Also The lead Producer was having a interview back in the day and the screen behind him had the class selection screen up.. The new classes where on that as well..

Internet is your friends peeps :)

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith