Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talisman: online multiplayer now supported for 1-4 players

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

out of beta - released on steam today

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/27956/app-news-dice-town-coming-to-tablets-talisman-digi

Talisman: Digital Edition Coming to Steam (Feb 25), iOS/Android in April

Talisman Prologue was Nomad Games' first delve into the Games Workshop Ltd. universe of Talisman. Now, it's nearly 2 years later and the evolution of that single-player experience is hitting PCs tomorrow. Talisman: Digital Edition is full-blown Talisman, playable online with friends or against AI. This isn't the puzzly Prologue, this is a full-out race to get the Crown of Command and smite your enemies.

It's been available in beta form on Steam for months, and it's a pretty amazing version of the game. If you enjoy Talisman, there's no reason not to be playing this as it's a perfect re-creation of the board game with enough digital flair and dazzle to make it interesting. You can grab it from Steam for $15.

At launch there are 2 expansions available as DLC: Talisman (fourth edition): The Reaper Expansion as well as a new character, the Exorcist.

The iOS and Android version should be released in April, with all the DLC available for the PC edition making it to the small screen as well. This makes it sound like they're planning on releasing more DLC between now and then. Awesome...Want Talisman (fourth edition): The Dungeon Expansion. We'll let you know if we find out any other specifics about the mobile version.

supported House Rules were added last friday

http://steamcommunity.com/games/talisman/announcements/detail/1661006633490755561

House Rules

We've added the following house rules, accessible by pressing the 'House Rules' button on the game setup screen...

"Race to the Crown" - The first player to reach the Crown wins.

"No More Lives" - Whenever a player is at the Crown of Command, other players cannot heal or gain lives.

"No Grim Reaper" - REQUIRES REAPER EXPANSION ON - switch this on to remove the Grim Reaper from the board.

"Talisman Bloodbath" - There is only 1 Talisman card available and whenever a character is killed they do not return.

"Character Selection" - REQUIRES CLASSIC RULES ON - Each player is given 3 random characters at the start and must choose one play with. Whilst choosing a character, each player is shown as a Toad temporarily.

For online games, only the host can change the House Rules. Other players can open the menu to see what the host has chosen.

During a game, the House Rules being used can be viewed in the Options->Advanced Options menu.

Two new adventure cards! We've added the Instructor and Doppelganger cards which were given away to people who pre-ordered the Reaper expansion pack for the board game. They are always available in the base deck and do not require any expansions to be switched on.

To accommodate these new cards, we've had to reset all settings. This means that the game will start full screen and all options will be back to their defaults. This also means that you will have to attach Runestone cards to characters again.

ipad version coming May 1st

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/29728/talisman-digital-edition-coming-to-ios-may-1st-201

commentary from the Devs:

Online save games are being worked on right now and will be added soon. The feature won't be in the iPad release, but will be added at some point.

We cannot do cross-platform multiplayer because the PC version uses Steam and the iPad version uses Game Center. We are hoping to switch to a platform agnostic network solution eventually so that this would then be possible.

Android version will be a couple of months after the iPad release.

Price is $6.99/£4.99 and the file size is around 140Mb.

The included house rules are -
    First to the Crown wins.
    Healing disabled once a player is on the Crown (avoids Poltergeist related stand-offs).
    Bloodbath mode - fewer Talismans available and players are removed from the game when killed.
    No Reaper - if playing with the Reaper expansion, you can turn the Grim Reaper figure off.

on PC,  Frostmarch expansion released

http://store.steampowered.com/app/267772/

The Frostmarch expansion offers players 4 new characters, 84 Adventure Cards, 20 Spell Cards 24 Warlock Quest Cards, and 3 Alternative Ending Cards - including a final climactic battle with the Ice Queen!

New Characters -

Necromancer
    Leprechaun
    Warlock
    Ogre Chieftain

game is $5.54 on Steam (Summer Sale)
  • SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    is this game fun? i've never heard of it before but it sounds interesting....
    Originally posted by Slukjan
    is this game fun? i've never heard of it before but it sounds interesting....

it's the digital adaptation of the Talisman boardgame

may be boring for some gamers but i like it

a review of the physical boardgame

http://trollitc.com/2010/09/fantasy-flights-talisman-4th-edition-massive-review-base-game-reaper-frostmarch-dungeon-and-the-highlands/

• ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

nadia, long time talisman player here, although been a while since last played it. have you heard of "Relic"? it's based on talisman, except with a sf twist:

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

Originally posted by Ardnut

nadia, long time talisman player here, although been a while since last played it. have you heard of "Relic"? it's based on talisman, except with a sf twist:

yes - i played Relic a month ago

Relic was fun  (but restricted to 4 players)

FFG recently released an expansion for Relic,  Nemesis, allowing 6 players and pvp

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=229&esem=1&epmi=s

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    *Watches video until he sees cards, immediately moves on.*

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Thanks for the awareness Nadia, my wife and I picked this up on the steam sale last night and had hours of fun with it, we play the D&D boardgames like Wrath of Ashardalon, and the SW miniatures Battle game, It's like a combination of those, fun little title. Thanks again...:)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The game + all the content (called season pass) would cost me 34€ even when on discount, and normal price is 60€?

Looks way too expensive for just a digital version of a board game. I'll pass.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Vrika

The game + all the content (called season pass) would cost me 34€ even when on discount, and normal price is 60€?

Looks way too expensive for just a digital version of a board game. I'll pass.

I had plenty of fun for $6, you don't need everything. It's a lot cheaper than buying the board-game equivalent to this type of game. YMMV

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

multiplayer version released for Android today,  08/5/2104

https://madmimi.com/p/0447c4?fe=1&pact=24281963972

The Google Play version includes these great features -
    - Real-time Online Multiplayer for up to 4 players.
    - Pass-to-Play mode for up to 4 players.
    - vs. AI mode - play against up to 3 AI players.
    - House Rules - optional rules designed to speed-up play, including Bloodbath mode, a savage fight to the death

for cybermonday - mobile version is only $1.00