Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter PvP impressions

NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Lately I have been playing Neverwinter since most other MMOs have bored me or I am waiting for beta events or launch. I do favor the PvP aspect of MMOs, especially after I have reached max level and run through the story content at least once.

I do have some concerns with how Cryptic/PWE approach PvP. In the arena domination style battles there are a few glitches, flaws, and just plain poor battle system setups. If at any time you do not like the way the battle is going you can leave the arena with no penalty. Now, I know some may like this idea, but for the most part it encourages an atmosphere of quitters and really hurts the moral of sticking with a team to the finish. Plus if everyone on one side leaves the other team is hurt with poor rewards. Also the potions ingame you can run past for recovery sometimes works and many times fails to trigger. Then there is the imbalance of gearscore at max level. They need to put a queue system that more closely matches people based on gearscore. Some matches were just down right hopeless to win when the whole team on one side out geared the other. 

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    That sounds about right to me and I did notice that with the potions as well. . very troubling when you turn around ready to get revenge one the guying trying to get that last hit in :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!