Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation early adopter round 2 is finished...

In the first round all us devs were able to buy nice new state of the art computers.  In the 2nd round we were able to buy nice new cars. Ok backers round three is here and us devs need new homes!!!

Comments

• milwalmilwal Member UncommonPosts: 65
    yup they musta made a buc or 2 of interest from my pledge, its been a long time now think its about time they opened the Alpha/Beta gates whether its ready or not!!
  • iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

This game looks cool. The only real worry I have is how big and varied the world will be with an indie dev working on it.  I'm Still on the fence about buying in but I definitely will be trying it when it comes out.

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78
    You forgot my yacht :-).

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421

It's tough to answer the world size question accurately because the world is not square. It's sort of diagonally laid out with some ocean space around some edges. If you were to walk the smaller parts of it from say Plymouth City to the Aza Shores (all OWON controlled area) it would be roughly 8km in a straight line. Moving diagonally from Plymouth City to Freedomtown though (other tip of the world) is roughly 24 km. Each area is approximately 4 square kilometers and there are 12 major land based areas. Then there's some additional ocean space.

However there is also a significant amount of underground space. In the last video we showed some bits of Plymouth's Underbelly which is a pretty large cave structure. The caves under Timbertol dwarf it however, spanning multiple seamless areas.

• IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116
    So, if my character ran the longest stretch of the game (24 km you said) from one end to the other in a strait line, how long in real time would it take?
  • IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by joshuahalls
    You forgot my yacht :-).

Im terribly sorry about that!

Ill try to do some overtime at the end of the week and buy a bump-up!

After all, you deserve the best!

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Hey guys!!! It says in my Kickstarter that I will recive what I paid for in november 2013. Is the bomd bout to be dropped? :P OK, I can settle for a key to test it. ;)
  • JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Iczer
    So, if my character ran the longest stretch of the game (24 km you said) from one end to the other in a strait line, how long in real time would it take?

We haven't timed it but a pretty long time. I'd guess most players traveling that far will probably be using a vehicle which would significantly reduce the travel time. But walking, I'd guess something around 90-110 minutes, in a vehicle 30+ depending on the speed of the vehicle.

In general though you'd never really walk from those extremes as one is the starting area for one faction, and the other the starting area for another. It's possible to do it, but your going to be going through a long ways of hostile territory to get there. From your starting city to the edge of the contested areas would be roughly 1/3 that distance, and to the edge of your rivals 2/3 of that distance.

@Lahuzer: There will be no beta until some time early next year. With regards to Kickstarter, they enforce an estimated date when you run it, was our best guess at that point, but it's not ready for beta testing at this point. We expect it to happen though early next year.