Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to know your opinions

JoshNogJoshNog Member UncommonPosts: 18

Hello everybody.

This is my first post after writing in EQN subforum and after seeing EQNexT is still far away from release and I'd like to know your opinions about what can I do now. I've been reading and looking for games for some months but I can't find any appealing game right now.

I've played EQ2, WoW (up to Cataclysm) GW2 and now LoL (where I'm sick of its community). And I want to enjoy an MMO again, not necessarily with high end raiding or competition (pvp, arenas or MOBAs), just enjoy again the feeling of a huge world and a healthy community, to play relaxed with some people and share good moments.

I don't want to use my pink-colored glasses and compare every game with the past golden era but I can't find a game that may fit my expectations. Also, the feeling of playing completely alone in a new game, pushes me back.

I've been reconsidering going back to WoW again but everytime I check a video it seems the old same game. And GW2 seems very lacking in pve content to me ( I don't want to grind to get gear or items, I want some kind of difficulty that makes me feel I earn what I get, all that with people with whom I can share some good laughs).

So, after this exposition, what do you guys think? Any recommendation? Suggestion? Feel free to share any thought.

PS: Sorry If I made any mistake but I'm not a native english speaker. I tried to explain it as correct as possible.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Mm!I would say final fantasy 14 is perfect but the way of payment is so atrocious and oddball that I'm shy to suggest it .but past the stupid payment nonsense ? It is the best mmo out there . very close behind is gw2 and the best game to play on the side when your main game isn't going anywhere (wow raider anybody) is : the secret world !
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

LOTRO is coming out with a new Helm's Deep expansion which should draw a lot of players back, and coupled with the new movie this Christmas, may bring some new players to the game.

Might be a good time for you to join and its F2P (to a point) to boot.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Try Rift. It would be familiar to someone coming from WOW (trinity-based 5 man groups, etc.) but it's different enough to give you a few weeks/months of enjoyment. the "soul" class specialization system is pretty deep and that alone will keep you busy learning new things and tweaking for a good while. ... and it's F2P without being obnoxious about it.

They've also recently integrated some in game tutorial videos that do a good job of explaining the flexible soul system and the different "roles" you can use on a single character at the push of a button.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Kyleran

LOTRO is coming out with a new Helm's Deep expansion which should draw a lot of players back, and coupled with the new movie this Christmas, may bring some new players to the game.Might be a good time for you to join and its F2P (to a point) to boot. 

I got to say you are right, helms deep is one looked forward content and with the hobbit second movie just in time for holy day season, this would be a great gift.I played this game and the graphic are very nice .make sure your system can handle it .
  • JoshNogJoshNog Member UncommonPosts: 18

WoW! Thank you for your fast replies! I've been watching some videos of TSW and it seems a bit weird to me, besides I prefer fantasy style games or medieval. 

LOTRO? Mmm I considered it some time ago but finally didn't decided to give it a shot. Has it a healthy community or is it like playing in a ghost game?

Any more suggestion will be really appreciated!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'd have to second the LOTRO suggestion.  Solid, runs well, not sure how the community is but it was plenty busy when I played it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by JoshNog

WoW! Thank you for your fast replies! I've been watching some videos of TSW and it seems a bit weird to me, besides I prefer fantasy style games or medieval. 

LOTRO? Mmm I considered it some time ago but finally didn't decided to give it a shot. Has it a healthy community or is it like playing in a ghost game?

Any more suggestion will be really appreciated!

Well, like many games, LOTRO's player base is heavily skewed to the top end, however with the new movie coming out there should be plenty of new people joining around Christmas.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon