Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Gold Guide Fall Edition 2013

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Gold Guide Video

Every 3-4 months I do a guide like this. This is a updated version of my gold tactics. It works and you can easily obtain your goals if you follow a long :).

The reliable gold farming method that you can do alone. Is Queensdale champ farming cycles. You will always get 5-9g if you do the method I show. This by no means is the highest return. But it's the easiest one you can do solo. And you can do it as a new character or with a low level character. The key to doing this correctly is making sure you have no down time. So if you're waiting for a spawn like the boar. Start marketing your items in the bag. You never want to stop period that cost you silver you could be making.

Ok from the slow side to the fastest you can do alone. You can play the gem market. This takes a little more understanding and patience. But once you learn it's very easy to profit. What you want to do is buy gems at a low point. And wait for spikes in the market of course you need to watch and pay attention. It's like the stock market and can get you rich all the same. I suggest starting modest at first to get your feet wet. Buy 10g worth of gems at a low market point on the graph. And simply wait for gem prices to spike up. You must catch it when it's happening. And sell your gems back to the market.

The downside of this is you must always be aware of the market. You can be burned by this if the average price of gems climbs. So look for really sharp dips and buy. Then wait for the sharp peak and sell. Once your comfortable start buying large numbers and selling large numbers. You will be in the money big time. But again make sure you watch the market. If you notice price averages rising. Do your best to break even and get out. Then try again trust me you'll love it this way. No work no farming and faster you just need your brain.

Now let's talk about alternate methods. You know me I don't just show you one way to do things. Another method if you don't mind farming is this. Seek at crafting materials not farmed enough in the game. Middle level logs for instance fetch a nice price. Easily over a silver a piece and can be farmed easy. Now don't just settle with logs. Check each and every thing like ore, wood, and plant. Do this for mats found around the 20-60 level range. People tend to not stick around those ranges long. So the mats aren't farmed as often.

Another method worth noting that isn't always viable. Is what i called the "Event Swing." The reason this doesn't always work. Is because sometimes events suck for farming. An example of a good farming event. Was the Scarlet Invasions or Queens Pavilion. An example of a not so good farming event. Is the recent Nightmare Tower opening. Although it has the ability to be the best farming spot ever. I won't go into why but that's enough of a hint to figure out how. Pretty much people got in got the achievements and gtfo.

Event swings are very lucrative. But they are best down when events come out. And lose luster and people doing them fast. So if you're a farmer live in the event for a few days. The last thing I'll touch on also conditional. Is dungeon farming and speed runs. It's been nerfed and nerfed and nerfed. But it still has more output then queensdale. But here's the catch you need a good quality team. Get a good team or guild mates you can easily run 10g-20g a hour. Better magic find you have the better that number. But again that takes factors outside of yourself. 

Everything I mention before this last one you can do alone. At any time and at your own pace. So that's pretty much all I got. I'm sure other methods exist. And I am not saying this is the end all. It's just what I do and I know exact numbers on how it works. Have fun with it get that loot and be Legendary. Or at least buy one :)