Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes...what's up with them ? (poll )

2»

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

To me, Thief is the most fun.  Theres just something about backstabbing people then unloading a bunch of shots from behind them.  Or well...I really enjoyed the scoundrel and its gameplay in SWTOR and Pistol/Dagger thief plays pretty closely to that with its bouncing between melee and ranged. Its just fun to watch o.o  

Best PVE?  Guardian/Warrior/Mez is the trinity. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

I have an 80 guard and 80 elementalist. 

The Guardian is really fun when I'm going to do Teq and stand in a zerg / protect muh turrets because it's easy to survive. If I'm nervous about new content, or going through something where I want to be positive I'll survive, I pick guardian.

However, if I want to have more fun, I play the elementalist. The versatility of the class is amazing. Scepter / Dagger in dungeons, constantly through out lightning hammers, fiery greatswords, and ice bows, in addition to attunement swaps every other second is a lot to have at your disposal. That's 35 skills to use right there. The damage output is amazing if you rotate those skills correctly, and obviously dressed in full zerkies.

Playing as a guard is like playing in slow motion compared to ele.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Murdus

I have an 80 guard and 80 elementalist. 

The Guardian is really fun when I'm going to do Teq and stand in a zerg / protect muh turrets because it's easy to survive. If I'm nervous about new content, or going through something where I want to be positive I'll survive, I pick guardian.

However, if I want to have more fun, I play the elementalist. The versatility of the class is amazing. Scepter / Dagger in dungeons, constantly through out lightning hammers, fiery greatswords, and ice bows, in addition to attunement swaps every other second is a lot to have at your disposal. That's 35 skills to use right there. The damage output is amazing if you rotate those skills correctly, and obviously dressed in full zerkies.

Playing as a guard is like playing in slow motion compared to ele.

Fiery Sword is a big bag of BULLL when the enemies are in a corner.  

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

- Most fun: Ranger.
    - Best solo PvE: Ranger. Tank bosses with dual bears, #3 stealth on longbow, easy kiting with shortbow, traps and GS (or sword/torch) for quick AoEs, plenty of evades (sword, gs, lightning reflexes for endurance), awesome #3 downed skill (free revive), 25% speed signet for exploring, etc.
    - Best PVP: I don't PVP.

Most people say Rangers are not needed in dungeons, that's not true, grab a sword/warhorn and spirits for team support and find a friendly, non-elitist guild. I do all content with my Ranger in the game.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

They dumbed them down so much that they are all basically the same. Pick ranged or melee and be done with it.

As for which is best, you can beat all content in the game by banging your head into the keyboard so it really doesn't matter unless you are doing sPvP and that is all about meta game.

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    There basically are no classes, just different animations.  
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by Bijou

- Best solo PvE: Ranger. Tank bosses with dual bears, #3 stealth on longbow, easy kiting with shortbow, traps and GS (or sword/torch) for quick AoEs, plenty of evades (sword, gs, lightning reflexes for endurance), awesome #3 downed skill (free revive), 25% speed signet for exploring, etc.

Most people say Rangers are not needed in dungeons, that's not true, grab a sword/warhorn and spirits for team support and find a friendly, non-elitist guild. I do all content with my Ranger in the game.

I must say, a Ranger is tempting for your reasions. I have yet to play one.

Best of all if you can really tank bosses with dual bears. After all with the game being roll and dodge, it seems as if it would be better to keep you main out of the circles. And I'll have to read up on stealth on long bows sounds nice :)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by page975
    Originally posted by Bijou

I must say, a Ranger is tempting for your reasions. I have yet to play one.

Best of all if you can really tank bosses with dual bears. After all with the game being roll and dodge, it seems as if it would be better to keep you main out of the circles. And I'll have to read up on stealth on long bows sounds nice :)

The pets will be able to buy time and since you can switch them on the fly you can also avoid them being killed.

A bomb kit engineer is also good vs bosses.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Never heard ppl in ts say: that's so meta, that team is meta, the meta seems to be changing (go away mesmers i do not want u back with your darn portals haha).  Lol never heard this term until this game but its everywhere in tpvp. 
  • xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Ender4

They dumbed them down so much that they are all basically the same. Pick ranged or melee and be done with it.

As for which is best, you can beat all content in the game by banging your head into the keyboard so it really doesn't matter unless you are doing sPvP and that is all about meta game.

opps forgot to post this quote in my response

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Wait, there is a difference in the classes?  Seriously, that is half my issue with GW2.  Every class is just a different shade of DPS....  With my experience in the game, it seems most classes are the same in the end.  The only difference between them is HOW they do damage.
  • WarbandWarband Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Wait, there is a difference in the classes?  Seriously, that is half my issue with GW2.  Every class is just a different shade of DPS....  With my experience in the game, it seems most classes are the same in the end.  The only difference between them is HOW they do damage.

In comparison to what different shades of tanking healing and dps (so much variety).  Let's not pretend most mmo's don't suffer from this, mmo's have been reusing he same class styles for what is approaching two decades.

Your either turn the AI to ass or you get various forms of dps and damage mitigation almost all games suffer from this problem. 

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Warband

In comparison to what different shades of tanking healing and dps (so much variety).  Let's not pretend most mmo's don't suffer from this, mmo's have been reusing he same class styles for what is approaching two decades.

Your either turn the AI to ass or you get various forms of dps and damage mitigation almost all games suffer from this problem. 

Agreed.  You are absolutely right.  But GW2 shows it more than others exactly because of their experiment.  GW2 is trying something that does not work yet, at least not in the PvE area.  When GW2 was still in development it was said that they wanted a Trinity that revolved around Support, Control and Damage.  Unfortunately, they just eneded up with a whole bunch of Damage

I am not saying that other games do not have this problem.  However, I would rather have different shades of Tank, Healer and DD than what is presented in GW2 now.  And that is unfortunate because there are great ideas sitting in that game that are not fully realized because team dynamics have devolved to "Zerker Gear only" and you just need to dodge good and hit hard.

• WarbandWarband Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Warband

Agreed.  You are absolutely right.  But GW2 shows it more than others exactly because of their experiment.  GW2 is trying something that does not work yet, at least not in the PvE area.  When GW2 was still in development it was said that they wanted a Trinity that revolved around Support, Control and Damage.  Unfortunately, they just eneded up with a whole bunch of Damage

I am not saying that other games do not have this problem.  However, I would rather have different shades of Tank, Healer and DD than what is presented in GW2 now.  And that is unfortunate because there are great ideas sitting in that game that are not fully realized because team dynamics have devolved to "Zerker Gear only" and you just need to dodge good and hit hard.

Yeah nothing wrong with that different gameplay styles appeal to different people I personally prefer gw2, but ultimately more variety in mmo combat and classes would be nice.

I'd really want an Open world version of Vindictus's combat style (Tera's isn't as good), with a bit more DMC type influence, where most raids could be soled if you had the time and skill, and stats were mostly a buffer, that could be overcome with skill. 

• snow529snow529 Member UncommonPosts: 18

- Most fun

If you don't consider the difficulty, every profession is fun to play. Maybe except thief and necro: thief is squishy and necro needs more time to kill a mob.

- Best solo PvE

Warrior and guardian.

- Best PVP

PvP wise: necro, engineer, ranger, guardian, thief

WvW group wise: warrior, guardian, mesmer, engineer, necro

WvW solo roaming: thief, ranger, ele.