Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4's Red Line Of Death? Blue Pulse Of Death? Amazon suppresses PS4 sales? Foxconn Intern Claims to

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Looks like we may have another problem like the Xbox 360 Red Ring. First the games get really low reviews, 2nd the games are getting frame rate issues from forced 1080p and now this.

Launch-day sales issues are a familiar beast for gamers when a new console touches ground, but Sony’s Playstation 4 has gathered a particularly bad cloud of press on Amazon.com. With almost 40% one-star user-submitted reviews at the time of this article’s writing, the dominant problem is obvious: dead-on-arrival systems that flash a new “Blue Light of Death.” So many low reviews and complaints have come in that Sony has requested that Amazon cease selling the unit until the problem is addressed.

http://gotgame.com/2013/11/16/amazon-suppresses-ps4-sales/

http://corruptedcartridge.com/ps4-sabotaged-news/

http://videogamesandnews.com/ps4s-red-line-death-true/

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_fltrmsg?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=byRankDescending

Comments

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Will be following this. I've had a playstation since the very first one. Bought them all the 1st month they released. I bought the Xbox360 at release and regretted it, because that first year I went through 4 xbox's. Thank God for the warranty so it didn't cost me anything.

All that to say, I had been looking for a PS4, didn't find one yesterday. Glad I didn't. I hated what I went through with my first Xbox360. I hope they get the PS4 sorted soon if this ends up being a huge problem.

**EDIT

Not sure why, but none of those links work for me.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I actually cancelled my day one pre-order and this was part of the reason. . I will wait until it settles out the wrinkles (and adds DNLA) then I will look at picking one up. . maybe after the first price drop.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    and thus why its good to wait a while before purchasing a console. Typically launch games (at least 3rd party) are 'meh' at best, and theres usually many issues the console has that needs to be ironed out. I'm sure Xbone will have many of its own issues as well.  
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Don't forget the early Playstation 2's could melt and catch fire , I should know as I worked in games retail at the time. Yeah all the first few years of 360's where all faulty , they did extend everyone's warranties to 3 years instead of 1 year though.

Always best to wait until after day 1 released consoles , good tip that one.

EDIT - Just remembered that someone told me last night that the power unit itself is attached to the machine , I thought o could cause an overheating problem and then today I read this , so yeah , not so sure about that one.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Reply to OP,

No mystery here this is exactly what I expected...issues. Same will go for the Xbox One I expect some kind of issue. I wanted to wait until all the major problems are fixed.

Also the fact there are no launch games I'm interested in as many other people have stated. Waiting until next year to decide which system to buy and then there will be the games I'm really waiting for that will be out.

Everyone that expected the same take a bow...

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Sounds like a typical console launch to me and I'll wait and see if the problems are as wide spread as the Xbox 360 red rings of death before bothering to give the PS4's problems a name.

As for the launch lineup...Xbox ones will be a bit stronger only if Dead Rising 3 turns out to be a killer app otherwise it's just as lack luster IMO.He only consoles that launched with great game lineups that I remember were the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube and that didn't help Nintendo in the long run.

I'm more interested to see where the consoles are at this time next year.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Drakynn
    Sounds like a typical console launch to me and I'll wait and see if the problems are as wide spread as the Xbox 360 red rings of death before bothering to give the PS4's problems a name.As for the launch lineup...Xbox ones will be a bit stronger only if Dead Rising 3 turns out to be a killer app otherwise it's just as lack luster IMO.He only consoles that launched with great game lineups that I remember were the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube and that didn't help Nintendo in the long run.I'm more interested to see where the consoles are at this time next year. 

The warranty provider Square Trade estimated the 360's failure rate at 23.7%. It doesn't seem like the PS4 is failing at that rate. If the idea is to compare the two of them, the PS4 is definitely the winner as of right now.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

A couple hundred from Amazon out of how many total?

The launch had like a million or more so Amazon would have had stock in the tens of thousands.

But, 300 have failed so suddenly we have an epidemic.

Also, I wonder if the OP with a signature that says "Xbox Gamer" will make the same topic about Xbox One in a week.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

That's what happens when cheap components are used I suppose. I will point out that, when compared to the total amount of units sold, the failure rate is extremely low.

Heck, I bought my X360 a month after original release and it's still working fine other than the DvD drive occasionally acting a bit flaky.

Not planning on buying either console until at least the first price drop though.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Figured there would be issues with both systems...

So, how long before MS patches the "Xbox off" issue? The one person I know that got it tried it out. As he was playing his wife came in, who also had a profile set up on the unit walked in and said "Xbox off" and it turned off as he was playing.

Ahh, the joy of bloatware created for the lazy...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

I have a PS4 my brother has a PS4 and 2 of my friends have a PS4 none of us are having problems. We all bough them from different stores and different parts of the country. I herd there are some problems but nothing that anybody should worry about its not like you cant bring them back or Sony wont replace them.

I will be getting my Xbox one next week and if they have a problems too its again no big deal.

I remember  Xbox and Sony in the last gen having a ton of problem at launch and look at there sales. I don't think it hurt either company. I had 2 PS3's that I had to replace in the 1st year. I had 1 Xbox in the 1st year and 2 in the second year. Did that stop me from buying over a hundred games for the Xbox and around 30 PS3 games.

How many of you had similar problems and still stuck it out and bought games for the last 8 years?

People that worry about a less then 1% return rate really need to grow up or stop being fan boys and bashing the other just because. It will be ok Sony and Xbox will work out any of there problems. If you happen to get a broken system I'm sure you will be able to return it to the store you bought it from or to Sony or Xbox.

We have many years ahead of us to play PS4 and Xbox. 

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by bbethel

I have a PS4 my brother has a PS4 and 2 of my friends have a PS4 none of us are having problems. We all bough them from different stores and different parts of the country. I herd there are some problems but nothing that anybody should worry about its not like you cant bring them back or Sony wont replace them.

I will be getting my Xbox one next week and if they have a problems too its again no big deal.

I remember  Xbox and Sony in the last gen having a ton of problem at launch and look at there sales. I don't think it hurt either company. I had 2 PS3's that I had to replace in the 1st year. I had 1 Xbox in the 1st year and 2 in the second year. Did that stop me from buying over a hundred games for the Xbox and around 30 PS3 games.

How many of you had similar problems and still stuck it out and bought games for the last 8 years?

People that worry about a less then 1% return rate really need to grow up or stop being fan boys and bashing the other just because. It will be ok Sony and Xbox will work out any of there problems. If you happen to get a broken system I'm sure you will be able to return it to the store you bought it from or to Sony or Xbox.

We have many years ahead of us to play PS4 and Xbox. 

Well put, and a good reminder at the end. While I am chomping at the bit to get my PS4, they will be around awhile.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    My concern is how the PS4 overheats on games like kilzone.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    This is really bad for PS4 players. Probably had something to do with the day 1 patch they did. Maybe the PS4 can't support 1080p like they thought it would ? Who knows but I honestly feel bad for PS4 players.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Updated, seems like this problem may be for real.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I'm not buying mine till Destiny drops. Everything should be fixed by then.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

This is a good example of why I no longer buy consoles at launch.  Both the Playstation 2 and the Playstation 3 had major issues with the first couple models.  Based on my experience, consoles have a life expectancy of 3 years or less if you buy them within the first year or two of release.  The revisions released after a couple years seem to last forever though.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I cant find any real evidence, but you US guys may test it and take out the bugs etc, and release a clean ps4, on 29th nov!!!

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    My PS3 is great, see no reason to drop $400 on a PS4, especially looking at the lousy launch lineup (I do not like shooters, which is mostly what the lineup consists of)  I can wait a year.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Launch issues are common with brand new hardware. Every time a new Iphone comes out there is some issue with it and Apple address it and people still buy the thing. With the massive changes Microsoft did with the Xbox one before theres a high chance there will be issues with it too. Maybe it wont, but maybe it will.

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

Amazon.com and Amazon.ca are both out of stock, and are continuing to take orders. I have no Idea what the OP is talking about. Easy for this to be fact checked. Dissapointed mr OP for the terrible thread you started. 

Amazon is not suppressing any sales of the PS4. They are completely out of stock and have more on the way.

Edit: Just for fun I did a bit of investigation on these 1-star vs 5-star reviews. Looking at the peoples review history of the 1-star vs 5-star, over 99% of the 1-star reviewers have only did this review of that specific account. While the 5-star reviews over 60% have made reviews both positive and negative on other products from amazon.

Not sure if it means people have created accounts to just make negative reviews, or by coincidence these are all new amazon.com shoppers or just shoppers that have never given a review of any other product they purchased. But by going on the 5-star reviewers, it's just a little funny that more then half of those have reviewed other products.

Edit 2: No gaming news websites are reporting on this either. Which you would expect them to do. So far in my opinion, the failure rate may be exaggerated until some real evidence is displayed. 

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Stizzled
    It would be nice if Sony could have put a little more build quality into the units. But, then the price would have went up. How many people would have bought it on day one if the price was $600 again?

Yeah sadly I think the days of ever seeing high-quality components and workmanship in a mass-market product are gone forever. The market has spoken loudly and clearly: low prices are much more important than high quality, so corners will be cut wherever possible.

Originally posted by Covet78

Amazon.com and Amazon.ca are both out of stock, and are continuing to take orders. I have no Idea what the OP is talking about. Easy for this to be fact checked. Dissapointed mr OP for the terrible thread you started. 

Amazon is not suppressing any sales of the PS4. They are completely out of stock and have more on the way.

Edit: Just for fun I did a bit of investigation on these 1-star vs 5-star reviews. Looking at the peoples review history of the 1-star vs 5-star, over 99% of the 1-star reviewers have only did this review of that specific account. While the 5-star reviews over 60% have made reviews both positive and negative on other products from amazon.

Not sure if it means people have created accounts to just make negative reviews, or by coincidence these are all new amazon.com shoppers or just shoppers that have never given a review of any other product they purchased. But by going on the 5-star reviewers, it's just a little funny that more then half of those have reviewed other products.

Edit 2: No gaming news websites are reporting on this either. Which you would expect them to do. So far in my opinion, the failure rate may be exaggerated until some real evidence is displayed. 

Did you even read the links? 

http://gotgame.com/2013/11/16/amazon-suppresses-ps4-sales/

Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture

updated the thread with link.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

/yawn