Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE does it again.

2»

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    ill keep this in mind when investigating EQN their is no way I am buying EQL
  • goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Right I checked it out.

Originally your camo was on about 75% of your vehicle. Now its on around 40%.

But this is probably due to the optimisation - they can take 60% of the vehicle as stock and only have to display the customised bit on 40% of it. It probably helps with loading models and increasing fps.

This Is also probably why they removed that tyre. I wouldn't sweat on that, they will issue a refund, just like the one I got when they reconfigured how the light assault certs worked.
  • goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    You can turn aa off by going in your nvidia or AMD settings and forcing no aa. This is a good thing to learn how to do anyway, with older games where you can force aa on and make them look better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by MrHaaken
    Originally posted by agnostic4eve
    Originally posted by PieRad
    Originally posted by agnostic4eve
    Snipped bit
    snipped bit

snipped bit

They temp banned my account, so answering on this one.

I don't want a refund for the camo, I just think it's uncool to basically change how camo's apply on vehicles, then it's not really the look you bought, and making it cover so little of the vehicle is shooting yourself in the foot when you live off of people wanting to customize their vehicles...

With that said, it is what it is...

My real problem is the items removed, I think this is so disrespectful towards the people who put money into their company.

No one should have to open a ticket, SOE should check who have bought the items before they permanently remove them from the game, and then send those players SC equal to the amount spend on those items, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Someone else mentioned that SWTOR seems to comp their players with a new item if things like this, or similar to this happens, and that is showing customers that they care about the players and that they really appreciate the players spending their hard earned money in their game.

I've spent quite a bit in the EQ1, EQ2 and Vanguard Marketplaces as well as have 3 All-Access passes for SOE on different accounts. I have had them reconstruct entire accounts within an hour of the problem being noticed when my youngest son wiped it clean when he wanted to 'play on dad's PC"

So, I have had great experiences with SOE's customer service, they are very understanding. Also, Maybe when they were implementing the patch it never occurred to them that there would be such an outrage over the camo and figured that people would understand that they found part of the problem that was causing FPS problems and fixed it. They probably expected the players to be happy over the changes, hey, you can shoot people without much video lag now.

Who knows, humans and all, right? Big companies have a lot of personalities to service, and blowing up isn't the best response. Take a moment, have a cigarette or a vape, maybe a beer, and come back once the initial shock wears off.

• GriggsC123GriggsC123 Member Posts: 3
    SOE Customer Service.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by PieRad . Camo's are now only covering very small parts of the vehicles... basically waste of money.
    You didn't actually think that camo actually worked as "camo" in this game did you?  It's just for looks.

Camo is very useful, pick the right one for the environment you're in and you're going to be hard to spot.

However changing the way camo works on vehicles is pretty stupid, Magrider and Scythe show a lot of purple no matter what camo you put on them.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Complaining about the art change in camo for some vehicles with this patch, is the equivalent of me getting my son a ps4 (not gonna happen) and him ranting endlessly on how much he hates the animation on the load up screen. These will not be the cause of any of these people from playing hours on end.

If this was needed to improve performance (somthing like 500 camos in the game), so be it.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by bcbully

Complaining about the art change in camo for some vehicles with this patch, is the equivalent of me getting my son a ps4 (not gonna happen) and him ranting endlessly on how much he hates the animation on the load up screen. These will not be the cause of any of these people from playing hours on end.

If this was needed to improve performance (somthing like 500 camos in the game), so be it.

That is not the equivalent, but don't be selfish, go get your son a ps4.

They only change camos on Vanu vehicles, not the other 2 factions, it wasn't needed.. And this wasn't the main problem, read it again.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

It took me few weeks, maybe a month after launch to figure out how big of a money grab this game is.

People that still play and waste money on it are the suckers of PS2 lol.

And I guess those that managed to resist the urge to drop money on this blatant customer rape and still play for free are the smart ones.

The suckers on the other hand are footing the bill for everyone.

I could go in-depth on all the psychological tricks and traps they use but meh, it's a gaming forum I'll skip it.

EDIT: And yeah EQN wont be any different, you have been warned!

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

SOE's customer service is famously horrible. Every game, across the board. BUT, the camo change is a work in progress. Between optimization and issues over lack of faction identification they have some adjustments to make and aren't done yet. Wait until it's settled before deciding your camo coverage is irrelevant.

(And the tire thing was a bug, acknowledged if not fixed already.)

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

This new Operation Make Faster Game didn't just come with new better optimization, it came with a few twists.

They changed all the VS vehicles, they look absolutely horrible now, and the camo coverage is now so small that every one who bought a camo have wasted their money.

There is an item for the Sunderer, a spare tire that you could have on the back of your sunderer that is now completely removed from the game, those who bought it were not compensated, they took peoples money and removed the item.

SOE don't stop to think about their customers, they don't give a shit about their players.

People waiting for EQN/L, you're next in line, pull your pants down!

So...the most money hungry corporation in on-line gaming does not care about their player base? Interesting, I have never seen this before. Dude, wake up! SOE ONLY Cares about cash, and bringing it in as fast as possible. They have never nor will they ever give two shits about the consumer farther than the consumers wallet.

Seriously. This news is like 10 years old.

EDIT: Just logged into my VS toon. The armor change is not that bad. Definitely not worth crying about.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by bcbully

That is not the equivalent, but don't be selfish, go get your son a ps4.

They only change camos on Vanu vehicles, not the other 2 factions, it wasn't needed.. And this wasn't the main problem, read it again.

Why do you think they changed that camo and not the others?

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Has no one learnt anything from SOEs history? Do not waste a single penny on their games.
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263

SOE don't stop to think about their customers, they don't give a shit about their players.

They never did. That's why I think not twice but 3 times before I play any of SOE's games.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    I think Planetsides customer service has been great. Whenever I have run into a bug or accidentally purchased something I've been able to contact customer service and have been reimbursed. Compared to many other games their customer service owns so I don't know what you guys have experienced but it's not the same as me
  • PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by Benjola

It took me few weeks, maybe a month after launch to figure out how big of a money grab this game is.

People that still play and waste money on it are the suckers of PS2 lol.

And I guess those that managed to resist the urge to drop money on this blatant customer rape and still play for free are the smart ones.

The suckers on the other hand are footing the bill for everyone.

I could go in-depth on all the psychological tricks and traps they use but meh, it's a gaming forum I'll skip it.

?

Please do "go in-depth on all the psychological tricks and traps they use", I'm all ears.

Been playing for 2 months now and haven't spent a penny or had any real incentive to do so. In fact now I feel quite guilty about it - I think I'l throw a couple of tens of dollars in SOE's direction, imo they definitely deserve it for the amount of quality playtime I got from the game. Actually there is nothing I can think of that I'd absolutely need (or even want) from their shop. Nothing. Nada. Maybe a new camo to go with my outfit... big deal lol. XP boosts? The advancement is just as fast as it should be with a free account with double xp weekends a nice draw into the game. I wouldn't enjoy it if it were any faster than it already is... and besides levels here pretty much don't mean anything - your BR is just a cosmetic number showing how much experience you had in the game to other players. (off topic - SOE should really increase BR cap or even make it limitless.. since BR doesn't impact the game in any way there is no reason to cap it)

No really, how did they try to get the money from you? I can't imagine what that could have been.

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by paulocafalli

They never did. That's why I think not twice but 3 times before I play any of SOE's games.

I for one will have a real hard time playing any SOE game. What happened to me in DCU has left a bad taste in my mouth that will be hard to overcome.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by GriggsC123
    SOE Customer Service.

rofl nice video.

Originally posted by Benjola
    It took me few weeks, maybe a month after launch to figure out how big of a money grab this game is.People that still play and waste money on it are the suckers of PS2 lol.And I guess those that managed to resist the urge to drop money on this blatant customer rape and still play for free are the smart ones.The suckers on the other hand are footing the bill for everyone.I could go in-depth on all the psychological tricks and traps they use but meh, it's a gaming forum I'll skip it. EDIT: And yeah EQN wont be any different, you have been warned!

As one of the smart ones (thank you), let me take a /bow.

Probably right about EQN. The moment Smed decided SOE was going to be a game-monetization company rather a game-subscription company, I lost interest (but have kept watch ever since).

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit