Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really want to like this game

2»

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Man i'm feeling like the OP . I was having fun but after hitting lvl 36 i just started to get bored. I just feel like i've done this all before and i don't really give a crap about raiding or PVP.  I'm still on my free play time though so i will finish that up. But after that i think i'm all done. I just want something different. I think what kept me going was the soul tree. That was different. But talking to people in game one thing is true, its a raiding game and if your not into that then its not for you.
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

b) despite all dynamic features, the world still feels lifeless, espescially towns and Npc camps

c) story (quests) and lore fall short compared with Lotro, SWTor, TSW and even WoW.

Those are two of the several reasons why I quit.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

this is why i dont quite understand Rift. It has the nice gfx, the big world, the detailed combat skills etc, but still the endgame suxks.

whereas a game like Champions of Regnum which is simpler in all those aspects, has an endlessly entertaining endgame. The one thing Regnum has is a combat system and feel which is far better than Rift, but why is Regnum's endgame so much more longer lasting in terms of fun? No one really knows why.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by Soki123
    I was totally addicted to this game, then shortly after the x pac, I just didn t want to log in anymore. I ve tried several times, but each time the game fely soulless to me. Not sure why really, as it s basically the same game, but I re subbed WoW, and FFXI, and even though it s free, I don t even care to log in. I ve read many people saying this wih Rift as well.

I felt the same way I couldn't quite figure it out for a while, but I finally boiled it down to bland writing. You don't give a damn about the characters or story because its forgettable and badly developed. When that sense of world immersion and intriguing plot is missing an MMORPG tends to really lack soul. Guild Wars 2 also suffers the same problem imho and somehow manages to even be worse then Rift in that regard.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    I essentially feel like I am playing some odd world version of BC wow with customizable talent trees and not so great combat animations. All they really lack to get more players is possibly more race choices and maybe add shapeshifting to the Druid or Mage tree, I swear to god WOW is laughing their asses off since they know Cat Form alone is getting them a few million players a year.