Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Put a fork in it

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

As a few of you know I was a huge supporter of Darkfall on these forums.  After seeing this massive population decline and the misdirection of AV (MVP forum access) its over.  I give DF less than 6 months (at this rate less than 3) unless something dramatic happens.  I called it for both Shadowbane and Warhammer Online and was correct.  This third time I wish I wasn't.

This and the fact that I just saw what Garry is doing with Rust.  That will put all fake and real sandbox games to shame if he succeeds.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    What do you expect the game feels like it was programmed 10 years ago, similar to Vanguard when it first came out.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    I played DF 1.0 at launch for about 5 months and left due to getting killed by hackers non stop.  I was gonna come back for 2.0 but I decided against it when I saw that AV ruined all my favorite races and turned them into generic humans.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• WalletWarriorWalletWarrior Member Posts: 2
    I'm almost done with the game as well. I have no plans to resub at this point. It's a shame that AV does not want to communicate or even listen to it's customers. Development crawls along at a snails pace with small insignificant patches only coming out around the time most of our subscriptions expire. It's not just me either. I have seen a large drop in activity within my clan and alliance.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Another turned vet, welcome bro, be sure AV isn't worth our support anymore. They got it for free for a decade and they handled it with cruelty.

They way better companies worth our support and sympathies out there.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    its a shame.  i cant help but think that somewhere buried deep within UW is a great game looking to be set free.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Noobkilar
    [mod edit]

Nah...game itself is great, it's just AV....sad but it's true.  I seriously don't know how people haven't been fired there being that the community has begged AV beginning in DF 1 and DF 2 for simple things and AV just doesn't respond and does nothing but lie.  The most recent vid made by Tasos and the CEO that I had never knew existed was just filled with lies, it was crazy.  Tasos made a comment about how DF is going great and there are massive sieges daily...  I almost passed out.  The siege system is so broken.

DF fanboy here, but pretty much retired.  I'd LOVE to see the game sold to a quality developer as there is no doubt, it's the best pvp game ever made, just needs support and a company that cares.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    Originally posted by Noobkilar
    [mod edit]

DF fanboy here, but pretty much retired.  I'd LOVE to see the game sold to a quality developer as there is no doubt, it's the best pvp game ever made, just needs support and a company that cares.

I played Darkfall 1 and DFUW, i also played Ultima Online from beta to AoS february 2003 (destroyed UO) and then freeshards for many years and UO is lightyears ahead of Darkfall when it comes to PvP.

UO demanded way more playerskill and that says alot when it was a autotarget game.

UO factions was more fun then the Darkfall sieges.

UO duels was legendary both 1vs1 and in teams.

Darkfall wasnt that bad but far from the best ever.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Another turned vet, welcome bro, be sure AV isn't worth our support anymore. They got it for free for a decade and they handled it with cruelty.

They way better companies worth our support and sympathies out there.

There may be better companies but there aren't many PvP centric games out there. Unfortunately Darkfall is one of the few.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    What a quality thread.
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    yeah this is bad, the game is pretty much done before it started.

• obsolete5obsolete5 Member Posts: 82
    so long as men die liberty will never perish
  • HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

It's not hard to talk to people that still play the game to see how the game is actually progressing.

And i got some data for you:

NA Server:

Clans - 616 | Players: 5,484

This is with including inactive people/alts.

EU Server:

290 | Players: 2,671

this is including inactive people/alts

So i still like to know where your truth comes from.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I would try it if it went F2P and maybe even throw them a few bucks, but i will not buy it and then also pay a sub for a game that is really in beta phase.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    I would try it if it went F2P and maybe even throw them a few bucks, but i will not buy it and then also pay a sub for a game that is really in beta phase.

If you haven't played it, how do you know its in beta phase?

I see this term tossed around to a lot of different MMOs, it basically translates to "I don't like it, so its in beta".

This discussion has been closed.