Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mabinogi - Once a Fantasy world - No longer habitable

ArolexionArolexion Member Posts: 4

Hi there, this will probably be my first thread/post on this account.(didn't like my old name)

Fantasy Life Mabinogi

First let us go back 5 or 6 years ago.

Mabinogi first got launched(on NA) Everyone was excited and for its time twas quite the fun/interactive and truly a fantasy world you could dwell into! You would see players sitting across campfires and playing a lute or mandolin while others chatted and stuff. Everyone was eager, helpful, enthusiastic, always chatty/friendly, weird Hardcore Role-players talking about, and overall quite the fun experience. You could spend skill points freely on WHATEVER you felt like, you could be whatever you wanted to be, Blacksmith, Bard, Chef, Warrior, Archer, Caster, etc etc etc. There were 0 class/gender restrictions. Quite an interactive player customization, the ability to age and all those things. The economy was perfect you could buy dye gachapons(allows you to dye clothes) for like 8k ~ 10k Nexon wasn't as greedy at the time so even cash shop items were 'relatively' low cost. And there were quite some Fun events. Many players would visit the arena and it was always a fun(sometimes annoying :P) experience. Generations were pretty fun and kept you busy when you had nothing to do.

*Overall it was truly a remarkable game for its time*

However...

Down started passing the years and what was once a fantasy world was turning into a really boring world. Many players always Afk, and those that weren't afk would hardly talk anymore, many started turning nasty, and no one really wanted to help the poor newbie begging for help with a dungeon(lol) Nexon started turning greedy and stopped introducing ORIGINAL and Fun events. Giants and elfs came out and many players abused an exploit which allowed to them duplicate money like crazy. Which in turn ruined the economy, prices for everything went sky high. And what was 2 weeks before 15k turned into a massive 300k. No player really cared for fixing prices they all kept raising prices more and more. Nexon introduced a boring and unbalanced PvP that would allow players from Giant and Elf faction to pk each other anywhere if they had PvP option enabled. However the PvP was quite annoying at some times, Since wherever you died you revived at, Thus making the usually nasty player camp you till you either found a way to run away or relog into a different channel. Players wouldn't visit the arena no more and that left quite a scar to PvP in the game. Nexon introduced the usual overpriced Treasure Box which had unbalanced items in it. Players would Spend tons of Dollars trying to get said items and nexon would profit like crazy. Many unbalances between skills/gears etc

~So what happened to this game which was Once Fun, Interactive, and different?~

-Nexon & player greed 

-Players became nasty

-Uninspiring Generations

-Uninspiring Quests

-Too little player interaction with each other

-Ruined Economy

~Today~

Greedy Nexon still keeps introducing Overly Priced things on the Cash Shop to make profit Players keep overpricing stuff in-game No one talks anymore, feels alot like world of warcraft where you can be next to 5 ~ 10 players hunting and not even 1 of them talks, You can talk to them say hi or something and maybe 1 replies This in turn has shooed away alot of the playerbase Trying to keep the cash boat floating for longer nexon does Uninspiring Events Weekly Many of which are "Stay online and you get a prize for said event"

I have talked to other players(doing absolutely nothing just sitting in town) "Hi, _name_ wanna do the event?" Reply: "Nah this events kinda boring, I rather just sit here" <- i S#!t you not. This has happened to me more than 5 times on different events with different people.

So i ask , Mabinogi - Dying slowly or quickly?

Please post responses and opinions. I would very much appreciate it, Since i am Eager to know what the rest of you whom have played this game think, No matter if you quit last night or 4 years ago. Leave a response and Opinion on anything related to the game & game company.

Thanks for reading <333

Comments

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

I read your entire post, though I haven't played Mabinogi. I just wanted to throw out, that with companies being "greedy" and overcharging/milking it, I can no longer even bat an eye or think negatively of the company. I understand why they're doing it, especially when there's some people who love dropping hundreds (and even smaller % of them who do thousands) every month.

When you have people willing to throw that much money away at you... I don't know, I think most people would take it than not.

Having said all that, and this is also mostly out of curiousity, why not also post this on the Mabinogi forums? I think you'd target more of the players that way.

• ArolexionArolexion Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

Having said all that, and this is also mostly out of curiousity, why not also post this on the Mabinogi forums? I think you'd target more of the players that way.

i know i thought about it. However. I'd get banned right away. It's happened before. That's the liberty about mmorpg forums, you don't get banned for truth bashing a company :P

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I only played Mabinogi for a week or so, right when it released and though it wasn't my type of game I'll always remember it fondly, it had a community feeling like no other, instruments and campfires where the greatest thing ever.

It's a shame to hear that the game has degraded like this, then again, i expect nothing more from Nexon.

I've been avoiding them for years, and doubt I'll ever play anything they release again.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Arolexion

i know i thought about it. However. I'd get banned right away. It's happened before. That's the liberty about mmorpg forums, you don't get banned for truth bashing a company :P

I actually meant the Mabinogi forums here on MMORPG, but it's either been moved by mods or I was far more tired than I thought I was last night, heh.

Originally posted by Agoden
     It's a shame to hear that the game has degraded like this, then again, i expect nothing more from Nexon.

I've been avoiding them for years, and doubt I'll ever play anything they release again.

...Soo true.. i miss when atlantica was good. I remember exploring stuff like the chinese wall and mountains and stuff.. i always get the itch to play it again but..... Nexon.

Originally posted by Arolexion

I actually meant the Mabinogi forums here on MMORPG, but it's either been moved by mods or I was far more tired than I thought I was last night, heh.

Oh lol.. i didnt know there were such forums here.

• DrelkagDrelkag Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I've been playing since the Iria update hit myself, and the Saga storyline has by far been the best storyline since G1-3. The revamping of Magic, Alchemy and Bard skillsets to bring them in line with Puppet and Fighter did a good job of balancing the game out judging from overseas Mabi. Having a blast myself.

• ninninja8ninninja8 Member Posts: 1
    How people act is dependent on server, channel, and how you ask. In the channel i use most people are always up for dungeons, talking, events, and playing music. So what I'm saying is that it would be best to check all servers before you go and judge the game based on your server alone.