Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do you want a key ?

Why do you want a key few days before open beta starts, for a simple card game?

You heared it, its not MMO - there is tens of similar card games online right now , most of them with similar gameplay - difference only being that HOW has bit better graphic (and that not much)

Comments

• ChidwanChidwan Member Posts: 12

Well, although being a relatively simple card game, it does it well. Sure there are other alternatives, but this one is well known, and handled by a big developer. When it comes to online gaming, PvP, both of these are admirable traits. Apart from MTGO, I doubt there will be another online card game that has both the same sizeable player base and developer attention. Besides, MTGO is hardly comparable past the point of being an online TCG/CCG.

As for people so eagerly wanting the beta keys, this has been going on for a while. I doubt people will stop trying to get in to the beta, like they have been for weeks/months, just because the open beta may be around the corner. If you've waited that long already, it's reasonable you wouldn't wish to wait any longer.

• bamke25bamke25 Member Posts: 10
    becouse i wanna play in this game
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Just hope its not gonna be P2W with OP decks from blizzstore:(
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Why do you want a key few days before open beta starts, for a simple Blizzard card game?

fixed image

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Mpfive
    Just hope its not gonna be P2W with OP decks from blizzstore:(

It's a card game where you purchase packs of cards in order to get new, better cards. Of course it's P2W! That said, this isn't at all unexpected. It would be no different than two people who are building Magic decks. Ultimately, the person willing to pay to win, can pay to win, in the event that money is no object. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454

Nice flamebait trololobo :)

The game is great btw!

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Originally posted by Chidwan

Well, although being a relatively simple card game, it does it well. Sure there are other alternatives, but this one is well known, and handled by a big developer. When it comes to online gaming, PvP, both of these are admirable traits. Apart from MTGO, I doubt there will be another online card game that has both the same sizeable player base and developer attention. Besides, MTGO is hardly comparable past the point of being an online TCG/CCG.

As for people so eagerly wanting the beta keys, this has been going on for a while. I doubt people will stop trying to get in to the beta, like they have been for weeks/months, just because the open beta may be around the corner. If you've waited that long already, it's reasonable you wouldn't wish to wait any longer.

Well you have MTGO 2013 which is real good. Than you have Mojang Scrolls - both of which are comming from serious developers. And MTGO could probably kick any other game into dust.

But than you also have awesome Card Hunter

Not to mention well established games like Shadow Era.

So yes. This blizz game might be quite good as trading card game goes, but it will be out in month and I really dont see the point for hysteria

you also have awesome Card Hunter

i'm waiting for that on tablets image

http://www.cardhunter.com/

Originally posted by Nadia

you also have awesome Card Hunter

i'm waiting for that on tablets image

http://www.cardhunter.com/

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Well you have MTGO 2013 which is real good. Than you have Mojang Scrolls - both of which are comming from serious developers. And MTGO could probably kick any other game into dust.

So yes. This blizz game might be quite good as trading card game goes, but it will be out in month and I really dont see the point for hysteria

It's not being released in a month.  It is extremely fun, much better than MTGO, I find it is a much faster pace than MTGO which I find can be long and drawn out in most battles. Not as complex as far as skills and abilities but complex in how you can interact with everything, more open ended not so linear as MTGO. What I mean is you can attack, cast, shuffle do things in any order where as in MTGO you have to do things in certain phases.

Anyways I have spent a couple hundred already on opening packs/crafting and having a blast.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

At Blizzcon they might tell us a date for open beta, and knowing Blizzard I don't think it will be anytime soon.

And yes, the game is very well done, fun and addictive.

• Near12Near12 Member Posts: 3

It's also the forbidden fruit mechanism - getting key makes people feel like they are the chosen ones.

I'm not negating the fact, that i also want the key myself - games look hella fun, simple mechanics, with good animations and beloved Warcraft universum.

I tried playing MIght and Magic: Duel of Champions game for several weeks, but that game didn't seem newbie - friendly, and also was way too imbalanced. I hope Hearthstone will keep my attention for longer.

And how'd you know about game release? The date (17.12.2013) is 100% confirmed?

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84

Having played quite a bit of Hearthstone on my buddy’s account, here’s my opinion:

1. It’s a Blizzard joint… With the exception of Diablo 3, Blizzard has never produced a less than stellar game. People, especially the MMO crowd, may be jaded with and over WoW (I’m one of them), but none can argue that the production value and longevity of Blizzard games is pretty much second to none.

2. It’s a Warcraft joint… Now this point only applies to people who have played Warcraft games, but I’m pretty sure that number is well over 10 million so it’s nothing to shrug off. Hearthstone is FAMILIAR. Heroes, spells, races, classes, creatures, etc. that we all recognize and which have been aptly adopted to serve their purposes within the confines of a TCG.

3. It’s a solid TCG at its core… Magic:The Gathering veterans will see Hearthstone as a dumbed-down version of Magic, but that is only because they are viewing it from the perspective of already having had decades of development, revisions, and expansions to M:TG. I started playing Magic from the beginning, and I can say with confidence that Hearthstone is every bit on par with Vanilla Magic. There’s no shortage of strategy, deck options, counters, counter-counters, etc.

4. It’s MORE than a TCG… Make no mistake; Hearthstone has the Blizzard touch all over it. The graphics, animations, sound effects, etc. all make this game have a very action-packed feel to it that is pretty much impossible with a traditional TCG. Add to that Classes, Hero Spells, tracked health/etc. and a plethora of functions that would be impossible on a tabletop without a cartload of counters… It’s a very fun game and matches are very well paced.

5. You CAN spend money… But you don’t have to… And the grind is not all that bad. In the month or so that my buddy has been playing casually (he has work and kids and all that jazz), he’s not dropped a dime on the game and has earned about 10 booster packs and a bunch of dust to make cards just by playing the game. He already has a few decks put together that he does well with and is saving up dust to make those few extra cards that will make his decks better.

6. Arena is awesome and there is ZERO pay-to-win advantage here. It works just like traditional TCG tournaments… You enter, choose your deck from a random assortment of cards and go to town.

Hearthstone is going to be HUGE. No doubts. It will be to Online TCGs what WoW is to MMOs and what League/DOTA is to MOBAs.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

Originally posted by Juaks

At Blizzcon they might tell us a date for open beta, and knowing Blizzard I don't think it will be anytime soon.

Hearthstone will probably be released in the next 4-8 weeks

interview from 10/17/13
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... izzard-ccg

"But we're getting pretty close now – we've said in the past it's our goal to get the game out this year, and we're feeling good about hitting that."
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Juaks

Hearthstone will probably be released in the next 4-8 weeks

interview from 10/17/13
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... izzard-ccg

"But we're getting pretty close now – we've said in the past it's our goal to get the game out this year, and we're feeling good about hitting that."

Blizzard are pretty much throwing beta keys around. This means open beta is around corner. Open beta means game is ready for release.

When you follow MMO scene for years , you get to know these things.

Sorry newbs

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

I could care less if I got one or don't.  I would like to play it as a filler game.  It's been promoted a lot on some Youtube channels I visit and that got me interested. The reason however I could careless if I actually got a key is.

1. Open Beta isn't that far away.

2. Game looks like it might be lacking a little in the depth department currently. I see a lot of people complaining about a win or loss being determined early on in a match.  From what I have watched it seems like a very valid issue.  Or for that matter evenly matched games turning into top decking (pure luck of the draw) endings.  That kind of turns me off a little. Waiting for open beta to start could mean that Blizzard might have balanced it a bit more. If I can start going into a match and determine the outcome half way (or earlier) into the game in a majority of my matches I'll get bored of it.

3. I don't expect a beta key since Blizzard as a company has always had a huge following. Getting a key would be akin to winning a small lottery.  To think that most of those customers aren't mildly interested in something that could be a great time-burner is absurd.

I am going to play it rather than play others because well it's based on lore I know and like.  It's also new so that I can get in on the ground floor.  It's made by a company which will constantly update and build upon the game take care of it.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    cOriginally posted by Lobotomist

I guess you didn't play Hearthstone yet.

First playing HS for a few hours and then going back to MTGO is like going from Windows 7 or 8 to ... Ms Dos 5.0 without patches.  Now some may still like MS Dos 5.0, like the 2 k players that still enter this money grab system,...

But I guess most people do NOT like to pay ... 20 dollars to just start  it and then ... buy packs at 4 dollars each to start assembling cards one by one.

By the time you start having a non decent deck, your bank account just came right into the red with MTGO.

Spending 300 dollars every 4 months just to keep up is not widespread... So huge fail already.

MTGO will feel the pain. It is too clumsy for an on line game, its turns drag along, it simply isn't adapted well to on line play compared to HS, which is very fast, furious, ... fun...

I would be ashamed to include Shadow Era if I were you: the most unbalanced and terrible graphics/interface I ever saw in the last 10 years money grab ever.

No, it is quite clear you didn't touch HS at all.

Expect 10 million players in the first 2 launching weeks already. Not even a challenge for the first free to play Blizzard game really.

As it is a great game. Better than D3 and that one sold 12 million during its first year at 50 or 60 dollars. This one is free and since you get a free pack every other day by doing a simple quest per day... the game will act like a bomb to other wannabees in that market.

Rock solid winner in fast internet play. Hell you even level your avatars. Highest is lvl 35 by now and played around ... 750 games already.

My biggest problem with the game is that my son and wife play on my account all the time. They come home and it is a struggle who gets to open the client first. Here I am typing on my ... iPad. I know that a game is good when you can't tear them away from the screen. I actually never saw this with the wife either. It is beyond addictive... Yesterday I could get in it at 10.30 PM. Played until 2.30 AM. Just one more win ...

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    If you can't get in try
    Scrolls
    Card hunter
    Or ironclad tactics

All 3 are good games.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I'm obviously one who just doesnt understand the appeal of a card game. I saw some video and found it boring.  Apparently card game MMOs are popular ; something I was totally unaware of.  Add to the fact it is made by Blizzard I suppose counts for its popularity. 
  • mrvader010mrvader010 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I have been playing now for about two weeks and I'm already kind of burnt out. I mean Its fun for what it is. In my opinion it needs a lot more cards. After a few games against each character I realized most decks are the same with very little changes between them. Maybe when they are 1000+ cards strong games can become more unique.
  • holiestholiest Member Posts: 14

Why do I want a key?

To play the game, duh.

But now honestly Blizzard might've runied Warcarft , Diablo and Starcraft franchises.

However those 3 still have an awesome lore, and quite unique monsters (Which will be perfect for a , you got it , A card game!)

P.S. My girlfriend went to visit her parents and I'm pretty bored. so I wouldn't mind trying Heartstone.