Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game blows Diablo 3 away

1235»

Comments

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    tried PoE while in beta. terrible game. to say its better than diablo 3 is laughable
    Tried d3 demo.  Terrible game.  To say it is better than PoE is laughable!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    The fact that D3 lets you change builds every time you want goes against hardcore convictions of D2 generation. I personally hate to be locked into a build and D3 lets me simply get creative without wasting hundreds of hours just to try another combination of stats (they call it complexity , i call it pointless waste of time).

Different strokes for different folks i guess.

But without saying D3 has far superior gameplay. Blizzard do know how to make things feel good and fun.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Best ARPGs:

1. Diablo 3 / Marvel Heroes (tie)
    2. Victor Vran
    3. Grim Dawn
    4. Van Helsing series (except 3)
    5. Path of Exile

All very good games. PoE is great for a free title, but it's very much stuck in the early 2000's while the rest of the genre has moved on to bigger and better things. That being said, the leagues can be a lot of fun, and I wish other ARPGs with better combat would copy that feature. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Best ARPGs:

2. Victor Vran
    3. Grim Dawn
    5. Path of Exile

All very good games. PoE is great for a free title, but it's very much stuck in the early 2000's while the rest of the genre has moved on to bigger and better things. That being said, the leagues can be a lot of fun, and I wish other ARPGs with better combat would copy that feature. 
    Diablo 3 and  Marvel Heroes play and feel like kiddie ARPG's.  Which they are! 

Have not played Victor Vran as of yet.  But Grim Dawn is a fantastic game!

Path of Exile is frigdiculous past the first chapter!

I put both Grim Dawn and POE as equals. Both have different styles, but both are fantastic at what they do!
  • Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    xpowderx said:
    Best ARPGs:

2. Victor Vran
    3. Grim Dawn
    5. Path of Exile

I put both Grim Dawn and POE as equals. Both have different styles, but both are fantastic at what they do!
    I get so tired of any time people don't like something all of a sudden it's a 'kiddie' game.  Why can't you just dislike a game without insulting those who do enjoy it.  There are plenty of adults who enjoy every single one of those games.  
    I have tried PoE multiple times never got into, I bought Grim Dawn this summer I think it's ok, and I enjoy Diablo 3 more than the other's.  However I can see why people like any of them they all have things they do well and things they don't.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Xion1985 said:
    xpowderx said:
    Best ARPGs:

2. Victor Vran
    3. Grim Dawn
    5. Path of Exile

I get so tired of any time people don't like something all of a sudden it's a 'kiddie' game.  Why can't you just dislike a game without insulting those who do enjoy it.  There are plenty of adults who enjoy every single one of those games.  
    I have tried PoE multiple times never got into, I bought Grim Dawn this summer I think it's ok, and I enjoy Diablo 3 more than the other's.  However I can see why people like any of them they all have things they do well and things they don't.
    I never said that I disliked them.  But Diablo 3 is by far very simplistic.  My grandson who is 8 has finished the game twice so far.  So "YES" it is a kiddie game.  Personal experience over opinion!

What age group do you think Marvel Heroes favors? Where do you see MH ads outside of this site? Honestly I like Marvel Heroes.  They have added things to make it a much more dynamic game.  But it still directly markets kiddies above other group base.

We can disagree, that is what forums are for.
  • Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    edited August 2015
    xpowderx said:
    Xion1985 said:
    xpowderx said:
    Best ARPGs:

2. Victor Vran
    3. Grim Dawn
    5. Path of Exile

I never said that I disliked them.  But Diablo 3 is by far very simplistic.  My grandson who is 8 has finished the game twice so far.  So "YES" it is a kiddie game.  Personal experience over opinion!

What age group do you think Marvel Heroes favors? Where do you see MH ads outside of this site? Honestly I like Marvel Heroes.  They have added things to make it a much more dynamic game.  But it still directly markets kiddies above other group base.

Well saying a kid can beat a game doesn't mean it's a 'kids' game.  Do you think Diablo 3 is really being marketed for your 8 year old?
    I didn't mention Marvel heroes because I personall\y have absolutely no experiance with the game, I know basically nothing about it other than it's an ARPG based at least loosely on Marvel lore.

I was playing Diablo in 1996 I was 11 and I still don't think that it was a kids game.  

I'm totally ok with saying Diablo 3 is simplistic, in a lot of ways it is.  Yes there is some depth to it but it's really only for the 'hardcore' who have tons of hours to grind.  I guess thats where I disagree though, simplistic may mean that a kid can play and enjoy a game however to me that doesn't make it a kids game.

I think Grim Dawn does a good job of being simplistic yet not overly convoluted like PoE.  It takes the middle ground and like I said I do think it's ok.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    While this may be true prior to ROS; it no longer pertains to D3 which has improved a vast amount. ROS added quite a bit(Granted should have been in launch) and D3 has been steadily improving with a huge free content patch coming in a week or so. Is D3 as good as D2? Not yet, but it is coming very close now and could overtake the throne with its better combat mechanics, ect.

They'll be adding runestones and I heard rumor of another expac.

MurderHerd

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Coman said:
    I think POE is a better sequal to D2, but I do not think it blows D3 away. While they share the same market, they both cater to different ends of it and those who like both can play both. 
    actually PoE is no sequel to diablo at all ^^

xpowderx said:

if you think diablo is too simple, maybe you should have tried to play past  torment1 ^^

do you guys think PoE ended after it's story did? no? then why do you think diablo did.....

see the prob? you are a casual commenting on end content, which you OBVIOUSLY never saw if you think your grandson finished diablo twice....

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Temp0Temp0 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Thane said:
    Coman said:
    I think POE is a better sequal to D2, but I do not think it blows D3 away. While they share the same market, they both cater to different ends of it and those who like both can play both. 
    actually PoE is no sequel to diablo at all ^^

xpowderx said:

if you think diablo is too simple, maybe you should have tried to play past  torment1 ^^

do you guys think PoE ended after it's story did? no? then why do you think diablo did.....

see the prob? you are a casual commenting on end content, which you OBVIOUSLY never saw if you think your grandson finished diablo twice....
    To be honest I like diablo 3 but it is not a deep experience regardless of the difficulty setting. I am not some super serious Diablo 3 player but I have easily surpassed torment 6 and am able to handle mid tier greater rifts. Diablo 3 is a different approach to the series (I imagine this is largely due to being a pretty much entirely different dev team), where Diablo 1 was kindof a dungeon crawling adventure horror experience, Diablo 3 is practically a high fantasy arcade rpg (Diablo 2 lies somewhere inbetween but leaning a little more towards the first game than the third). I like both but I feel like the different kind of game doesn't do the IP justice.