Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City Of Titans Kickstarter Hits $600,000

MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

Good news for the successor game to City of Heroes, thanks to real life heroes we as a community have pulled together and given the Missing Worlds Media team $600,000 to work with on our new game!!! Great work everyone, for those who dont know what the $600,000 mark means here it is :

If you have not yet donated please consider donated, the more money we raise the greater our game will be!!! 24 hours left for the kickstarter so its not to late!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans

Mystery Bounty

Comments

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I will be brutally honest here even though you don't want me to be. CoH and CoV were godawful, probably the worst of the superhero MMORPG to come out in the past 6 years. I'm glad you are getting your funding and I hope you learned from your mistakes but seriously you were at the bottom end of the super hero genre so you need a ton of work.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Ender4

I will be brutally honest here even though you don't want me to be. CoH and CoV were godawful, probably the worst of the superhero MMORPG to come out in the past 6 years. I'm glad you are getting your funding and I hope you learned from your mistakes but seriously you were at the bottom end of the super hero genre so you need a ton of work.

You can't have a game on this site without someone saying " this game sucks" or " if it doesn't have ow ffa pvp it's going to fail "

So thx for getting one of the two out of the way early. You've made a valuable contribution to the game.

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

If you seriously thought that you never even played City of Heroes/Villains, atleast not for long. Anyone I know who gave the game a chance knew how great it was, so why did you even post at all? You need attention?? City of Heroes was more successful than DCUO and Champions which are the only other Superhero MMOs on the market, I played all 3 and was probably much better at them than you at any game and trust me City of Heroes was the best of the 3. And yes we got our funding and I hope they make it almost EXACTLY like City of Heroes so idiots like you stay away.

Mystery Bounty

• MsEmilyJusticeMsEmilyJustice Member Posts: 2

They haven't even spun up an alpha and there's a DOOM KITTEN?

Yup, this is truly the spiritual successor to CoH :)

Quite gutted about missing the Kickstarter, actually. Not sure how much I could have got away with, but I'd love to have Dreamweaver's Bar turn up somewhere...

• techcliquetechclique Member UncommonPosts: 17

Are you sure you are talking about the same game since CoH came out a whole lot longer than 6 years ago.

Anyway, CoH was my first MMO and I played until they shut it down. Made some great friends that still keep in touch. We are all pretty excited to have this project moving forward.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Congrats guys I really wish you guys luck honestly. I am a diehard superhero mmo guy myself and hope this project is successful.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

City of Heroes came out 9 years ago in 2004 first off. Second as an MMO just because it didn't work for YOU specifically doesn't mean that other people didn't enjoy it, so you can't say it was the worst and at the bottom of the barrel. They had way more to do than any of the newer super hero games, DCUO can be pretty much 100% completed in a week, and Champions is just an alright game. I'm actually pretty sure City of Heroes was one of the first super hero MMO's and in my opinion the best. 

• Tedly224Tedly224 Member Posts: 164

I'm very happy to hear that this project may actually go somewhere. I played CoH about a full month before the open beta, and played it solid for close to 2 years before moving on. Even so, I kept re subbing for a month or two off and on when new issues hit.

I'll agree to an extent with the Nay Sayer who posted above that had negative things to say about the game. The Endgame was really, really bad. And PvP was just flat horrible. But to me, that wasn't the point.

The game's strengths were many. Creating a character and the customization options you were given... the sheer incredible amount of freedom you had in defining your character's powers, enhancements, etc...  And for those people that say "the game's about the journey, not the destination"... The game was a LOT of fun to level and develop a character in.

I really, really miss this game badly. My two favorite characters were a Darkness / Willpower scrapper and a Mind / Mind Dominator. The first was a simply fantastic character to bust out some solo time with and feeling absurdly strong. The second was fun to play in how much crazy crowd control I could shove out while doing damage on top of it in groups. It was a LOT of fun.

The community will always be one of the best that any MMO has ever seen. I dunno what else to say.

When was the last time YOU were playing in a pick up group in an MMO and you were left with the sensation of "Holy hell, I can't stand even playing with these people"? I never got that with CoH, but I sure as hell did with WoW and other more successful games.