Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy 14th Anniversary AC !

ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Grats, and many thanks, to turbine for 14 years of Asheron's Call, keep it coming folks !

Arakane

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

14 years and still one of the best out there.

Interesting to think how many MMOs have come and gone in that span of time.

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

14 years and still one of the best out there.

Interesting to think how many MMOs have come and gone in that span of time.

So true, bro !

Arakane

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    AC1 is one of the few MMOs that I don't think it's a stretch to say that there's absolutely nothing out there that is anything like it.  Would love to see a modern game with a similar concept to AC1, but I doubt it will ever happen.
    Originally posted by sirphobos
    AC1 is one of the few MMOs that I don't think it's a stretch to say that there's absolutely nothing out there that is anything like it.  Would love to see a modern game with a similar concept to AC1, but I doubt it will ever happen.

There doesn't need to be a modern game like it because it is still running after 14 years!

Don't confuse graphics with gameplay. Most of those new shiny looking MMOs are bland and boring. Jump back into the land of Dereth and have a blast.

I just realized today that AC has only 7,647 likes on facebook. Doesn't a classic and innovator of the MMO genre deserve more than that?

It should be at least 14k to celebrate this 14th anniversary. Let's get the word out and get that page some likes! Even if you don't play it anymore it deserves some likes for all of its years and what it did for MMOs.

I just realized today that AC has only 7,647 likes on facebook. Doesn't a classic and innovator of the MMO genre deserve more than that?

It should be at least 14k to celebrate this 14th anniversary. Let's get the word out and get that page some likes! Even if you don't play it anymore it deserves some likes for all of its years and what it did for MMOs.

sounds like a nice anniversary present. I do follow them on twitter,not sure how many do without looking,but yes,would be a nice gesture from us fans, past and/or present to do that.

Arakane

Well they got a whole 2 more likes since I made that post. I'm sure gamers can do better than that for one of the founding MMOs.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

happy anniversary AC

altho there's no mention of it on their own site

http://www.asheronscall.com/en/news

Originally posted by Nadia

happy anniversary AC

altho there's no mention of it on their own site

http://www.asheronscall.com/en/news

actually there is mention of it on their own site in today's patch notes concerning 14th anniversary shirts.

Arakane

Up to 7680 so I guess that is something. Still think it should be a lot higher, but for most I guess it is out of sight out of mind.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by sirphobos AC1 is one of the few MMOs that I don't think it's a stretch to say that there's absolutely nothing out there that is anything like it.  Would love to see a modern game with a similar concept to AC1, but I doubt it will ever happen.
    There doesn't need to be a modern game like it because it is still running after 14 years!

Don't confuse graphics with gameplay. Most of those new shiny looking MMOs are bland and boring. Jump back into the land of Dereth and have a blast.

Pretty much no way I'll pay a sub fee for a 14 year old game. They would need to come up with a better payment method.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Wow it has been that long already? I was in the beta << I feel so old lol.
  • bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

The only thing hurting AC currently is the DEV team and WB/Turbine.

The game is 14 yrs old now and I played it off and on since release. I quit about 2 years ago now and we had a server average of 200 online for the top server. Some nights the server would be so bare it would be hard to find things to do with other people.

The biggest problem with AC is almost all current subscribers hold 2 or more account subscriptions which doesn't allow for an accurate detail of the servers health. When I played I had 4 account subscriptions just to be able to hold all the loot the game has.

If they made it free to play with an external link to a item mall and in game NPC that delivers the item/items to you then that would help with the low population. In order for this method to work they would have to make an item mall and items. Then code an NPC that when you went up to it would open up a window like a vendor window displaying any items you purchased and then you could take them by clicking accept items. The items then go to your backpack. It is easily doable, but the DEVS wont listen to suggestions like this.

14 years old and about $13 a month doesn't help to bring new players in. The ones you do see only last to mid level 40's or so after Hub quests then quit because of lack of motivation from playing solo.

Imho, AC, at 14 yrs. on,does "not" need an item mall,store,or anything of the kind. More players would of course be a good thing ;)

I don't see how they could draw in new players though as it is def. a niche game but even though it is old for a game of this type I still find it to be great fun. Rock On, AC !