Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering the market is GW2 worth it?

13»

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

GW2 has had a lot of improvements over the years I think it can be fun, but I really wish Arena Net would put in Sub Classes so you only need a single character to play multiple roles because after awhile it gets really tiresome and I wish I could just switch role on the fly change to mesmer level it up a bit instead of having to use different characters.

Over All 1-80 is okay after you hit max level is when it gets boring.

To be honest I was just on GW2, and the server was EMPTY like no one its listed as a (MMORPG) meaning that 24/7 it should have hundreds of players but only gets players during after-noon hours which does some-what suck.

GW2 is okay, but Its not my favorite off the top of the list, its a massive grind fest to get the cool stuff 2000+ Gold for a epic looking staff, can't learn all crafts on a single character.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Renoaku

*snip*

can't learn all crafts on a single character.

Really? I thought you could learn all crafts but could only have two active without losing the progress you made in other crafts. Then again I'm not much into crafting, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong on the need to fork over 2000+ gold for a Legendary. Crafting it yourself should be considerably less expensive.

imageimage
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Yes you can learn every craft on one character. You actually can level all the way to 80 just on crafting if you want.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Of course it's worth it. it's a one time fee and you can play it until they shut the servers down. gw2 is b2p not f2p and you're not locked out of any content.
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Ender4

Having recently started TSW it shames me how awful the GW2 personal stories are in comparison. The personal stories completely failed, the grouping completely failed, the dynamic events are mediocre at best and the dungeons are a complete failure. I was a big GW2 fan at one point but to be honest it is just another cruddy MMORPG at this point.

Well for me every MMORPG has a weak story compared to single RPGs for instance The Witcher. It's beacues MMORPGs are way more complicated than single games and requires more resources and money in many departments than only story itself.

TSW story isn't great either, it's rather infantile same as GW2 ;). Characters aren't deep and interesting at all in both games. I've been playing GW2 for all this time just for the gameplay features it has. TSW gameplay features compared to GW2 are rather weak and don't fulfill my needs.

I wish for the MMO that has:

- at least The Witcher level of story, which is dark, mature, where decisions aren't unequivocal right or wrong, the story that doesn't fall under political correctness. 

- world crafted and filled with stuff to do like in GW2. You can throw bad words about many things in GW2, but the world itself is very well crafted, zones are packed with content, there are literaly no empty spaces. Exploring the world rewards You pretty well etc.

- political and economical system from EVE Online. For me personaly this game has the best implemented political and economial systems ever in MMO, i hope that CCPs new game World of Darkness will not fall far from that formula.

- semi-full loot world PvP (u loose like one stuff from gear u wear and all stuffs from bags)

- the game that doesn't hold players hand, the game that doesn't "tutorial" players at start, the game where player has to figure out all the systems on his own (well i heard we are INTELIGENT beeings on this planet, so we should have enough IQ to be able to understand and figre basic mechanics :D)

- the game that treat me as an inteligent, adult person, not a stupid mob that can't even wipe his ass without a guide.

-where the main level of gear progres is from crafting (who the fuck saw dragon that drops +1000000 to e-penis sword? :D)

- next-gen graphics sandbox...i have good pc so i don't want to watch pixels :D.

No, i'm not from old generation of players, i'm rather young (started playing games in 2000, MMOs in 2003) but i hate when games insult my inteligence with content for small kids.

OP sorry that i used Your topic for my cry and whine post, but i had to write me feelings somewhere :D

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201

Yes, its really worth it.

Played Rift, played TERA, played SWTOR, and hands down, GW2 leaves them in the dust (unless you want good story with cut scenes, then play SWTOR)

The world, the art, combat, updates....pretty much....everything.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Some of those other mmorpg I always felt I have to pay real money to optimize myself, like pay for new character etc. Or there is a big difference between subscriber and freebie.

I felt less that way in GW2, since they block less stuff, things they block are mostly cosmetic.  And there is in game gem->gold conversion which helps.  But it is a buy 2 play game so you need to pay an upfront fee.