Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Asia Huge Success!

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
Huge population over there!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by -Zeno-
    Oh?

Any proof, video, article or link other wise i dont believe you:D

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Yeah I can believe you. It's a new MMO launched yesterday there. Of course it will have "HUGE" population the first few days. Let's see again in 2 months...
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Yeah I can believe you. It's a new MMO launched yesterday there. Of course it will have "HUGE" population the first few days. Let's see again in 2 months...

UW Asia appears to have world events and the japan vs korea thing is VERY VERY popular. I doubt the population will dip by a huge amount. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Umm...it's FREE,just launched and its their first dealing with AV.(via proxy)

The original DARKFALL also had a "huge population"... Briefly.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Remember Korea and Japan have a large population as countries alone.  The AUS players that are playing over there (better ping than NA) say there are players everywhere.  One  I know got about 50 portal shards from the newbie town lava in about 30 minutes time.  I am sure the Japan and Korean versions of Twitch and YouTube have videos.  I just don't know the language well enough to find something.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Remember Korea and Japan have a large population as countries alone. 

Is that a joke? DFUW (western) was available to many more than the combined populations of both Korea and Japan.

"it's FREE, just launched and its their first dealing with AV.(via proxy)"

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

From what we can tell, it seems pretty popular over there. Here is some of the key differences from the western version:

- No free for all PvP, it is 2 faction based; Japan vs Korea, with players representing their country in open warfare (I wonder how this doesn't get political tension, perhaps that's the media attention they were looking for?).

- No friendly fire within factions.

- Entirely different development team, developing different things than Aventurine. The game has a lot smaller differences from the western version.

- It's supposedly not free to play but subscription based, no word on an actual cash shop. People playing now are playing in the final phase of beta there, which is free.

Aventurine will be implementing features from the Asian version to the western one, excluding extreme changes such as no friendly fire.

Originally posted by raapnaap

From what we can tell, it seems pretty popular over there. Here is some of the key differences from the western version:

- No free for all PvP, it is 2 faction based; Japan vs Korea, with players representing their country in open warfare (I wonder how this doesn't get political tension, perhaps that's the media attention they were looking for?).

Not true. It has factions like DFO had factions. Its just a way to keep conflict going and give people a heads up if someone is Korean or Japanese. However, they did turn off the ability to talk to Korean players if you are Japanese and visa versa, probably because of all the racism/hatrid between the two. First day on I saw Korean calling japanese people monkey's

- No friendly fire within factions.

Also not true

- Entirely different development team, developing different things than Aventurine. The game has a lot smaller differences from the western version.

Also not true. The game is exactly the same execpt for a few very minor differences, most of which are being tested by the Asian players and will be ported into the game if they are good. For instance, the new turtorial and the new race faces. mGame is co-developing though

- It's supposedly not free to play but subscription based, no word on an actual cash shop. People playing now are playing in the final phase of beta there, which is free.

I can't confirm this, but there is a real money shop set up but not open yet.

Aventurine will be implementing features from the Asian version to the western one, excluding extreme changes such as no friendly fire.

BTW the population is huge. Every city has over 100 people in them at all times during the day. In prime time you cannot access the bank in Sanguine.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    LOL they will chew up the content and get bored just as fast as the English version. The game will become just as stale in time.
    Originally posted by boris20
    LOL they will chew up the content and get bored just as fast as the English version. The game will become just as stale in time.

Have you ever played an asian mmo? 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

What content?

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

They are doing something that AV isn't doing: advertising the game

If AV did that with NA/EU the populations would be a lot higher.  Also they need to finish the game too (add all roles and dungeons, wonders, and start working on new content as they advertise).

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I hope it IS sucessful in asia, they deserve some sucess no matter their mistakes and flaws over the years.

if they've taken out free for all and friendly fire, they are probably going to want to change every aspect of the game thats different from other mmo's ;/

I hope it gives them funding to fix the REAL darkfall, but devs probably still clueless on how to fix it anyway.

PS: at least the idea of korea vs japan is interesting, but yeah they have been at war in history probably more than any other 2 countries ;p

My blog: image

Originally posted by Consensus

I hope it IS sucessful in asia, they deserve some sucess no matter their mistakes and flaws over the years.

if they've taken out free for all and friendly fire, they are probably going to want to change every aspect of the game thats different from other mmo's ;/

I hope it gives them funding to fix the REAL darkfall, but devs probably still clueless on how to fix it anyway.

PS: at least the idea of korea vs japan is interesting, but yeah they have been at war in history probably more than any other 2 countries ;p

They haven't taken out friendly fire. Its still in the game. The faction system is completely optional, you can ignore it as it has no bearing on game play other than floating icons over people's heads and the inability to speak in global to the other faction. Its being used to fuel conflict and its working. People are working together instead of just killing everyone on sight. It would be better, IMO, if the faction system had bearing on going red though. It does not. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

so faction conflict is actually better than FFA? who would have thought....image 

oh wait....

Originally posted by Galadourn

so faction conflict is actually better than FFA? who would have thought....image 

oh wait....

Its not better. That's why you can ignore factions in actual good sandbox games like EvE and UO.  Its only working in UW Asia because the faction system is based on RL

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by ilives

This^

How is this different from the launch of any other MMO, especially if it has a free trial from the start.   Based on your youthful enthusiasm,  the original EU Darkfall was a SMASHING success.  Look where that server is today in UW.  Refugees are showing up on NA just to have someone to play with.

You might want to wait ohh I don't freaking know maybe 6 months before we talk about success and a game server run by AV.

• mmochallengemmochallenge Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by goboygo

This^

How is this different from the launch of any other MMO, especially if it has a free trial from the start.   Based on your youthful enthusiasm,  the original EU Darkfall was a SMASHING success.  Look where that server is today in UW.  Refugees are showing up on NA just to have someone to play with.

You might want to wait ohh I don't freaking know maybe 6 months before we talk about success and a game server run by AV.

MMO these days only last 2 ~ 3 months. There will not be another EQ, UO, or WoW.

Take the 30 days MMO Challenge!

Originally posted by mmochallenge

This^

MMO these days only last 2 ~ 3 months. There will not be another EQ, UO, or WoW.

Wow, shows how out of touch you truly are.

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by xpiher

oh wait....

Its not better. That's why you can ignore factions in actual good sandbox games like EvE and UO.  Its only working in UW Asia because the faction system is based on RL

errrrr... yes. because eve has no factions... riiiiight.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by mmochallenge

This^

So why is Rift still online and have plenty of people i'm, confused?? Why is TSW online and so many others, again i'm confused?? I think you mean, 4 million subs, which most company don't need to be successful.... You people make me laugh about this comment every day....

Its not our fault gamers today have ADD.

Originally posted by angzt
    Originally posted by xpiher

oh wait....

errrrr... yes. because eve has no factions... riiiiight.

The faction systems in EvE and UO are completely optional duh.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

this sounds great for DF:UW and AV !!

i love faction based combat. i'm not sure if the Asians will stick with the game but i suspect they will !:D It' s  just fun to keep warring forever in a mock war :)

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

If you pay attention to how mmos r doing in Asia, you will know that Asian players has less attention deficient disorder than Western players and can deal better with grinds (in fact, thrive on grinds).

That's why mmos do better in Asia than US, and also why Starcraft and CS can last so long in Asia (and TV stations can make money out of them).

Originally posted by ringdany

this sounds great for DF:UW and AV !!

i love faction based combat. i'm not sure if the Asians will stick with the game but i suspect they will !:D It' s  just fun to keep warring forever in a mock war :)

It's good for MGAME, they will solely own the rights in 2015. (Asia)