Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final blow to Xbox One? COD: Ghosts - 720p @ Xbox One, 1080p @ PS4

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    So far this is the best looking next gen console game and its a launch title on Xbox One. This is going to be a very interesting gen for sure.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

why pay $500 for a 720p Xbox one when i already have a $300 720p xbox 360? MicroSoft make less and less sense the more they try to focus on xbox instead of PC.

seriously

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    You can't ignore the price difference. Why not get more bang for your buck? Are the gimmicks worth it?

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    So far this is the best looking next gen console game and its a launch title on Xbox One. This is going to be a very interesting gen for sure.

normally I would buy this console base off of this game but I just cant see me buying it after all that has been going on with XboX and now to find out they use inferior programming/hardware allow with a hire price? Games dealing with Rome is always fun to play but it is just not worth it to me

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

You all try too hard.

March 22 a new era in FPS begins on Xbox One 

How is this a new era, Planetside 2 has more features than this and its free to play, on top of that its a sandbox thats able to hold up to 2000 players on a map.  They are paying you full price for a FPS game that doesnt even have a single player campaign.

Ryse? it does look good although its only 900p. But i lost every possible interest in that game when they showed the massive amount of QTEs plaguing the gameplay. Some companies will never learn that QTEs should be the least (and last) thing they consider to put in game.

Originally posted by rojo6934

Ryse? it does look good although its only 900p. But i lost every possible interest in that game when they showed the massive amount of QTEs plaguing the gameplay. Some companies will never learn that QTEs should be the least (and last) thing they consider to put in game.

The combat has been totally redone. They ditched the QTE system.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Some companies will never learn that QTEs should be the least (and last) thing they consider to put in game.

You might want to let Telltale know, The Walking Dead was nothing but a string of QTEs and won an ungodly number of Game of the Year awards.

But, hey, I'm sure the MMORPG.com resident armchair Nostradami have the future predicted with their usual accuracy.

PS4? It's a WoW killer, you can bet your life's savings on it.

A WoW killer, I tells ya'!

Originally posted by Myria

Some companies will never learn that QTEs should be the least (and last) thing they consider to put in game.

You might want to let Telltale know, The Walking Dead was nothing but a string of QTEs and won an ungodly number of Game of the Year awards.

But, hey, I'm sure the MMORPG.com resident armchair Nostradami have the future predicted with their usual accuracy.

PS4? It's a WoW killer, you can bet your life's savings on it.

A WoW killer, I tells ya'!

Beyond Two Souls also has alot of QTE gameplay

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Wait, wait, wait!

You mean instead of playing the game in HD, I'll have to settle for playing the game in HD?

That simply will not do.

The combat has been totally redone. They ditched the QTE system.

i was totally unaware of that. And that is actually great news. Ty

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by wizyy
    What features are missing? From what I have read only Xbox One version will have voice recognition and head tracking.

From a very active thread right here in "General Gaming":

PS4 has anti-aliasing, missing on Xbox One
    PS4 has HBAO ambient occlusion, missing on Xbox One
    PS4 has motion blur in multiplayer, missing on Xbox One
    PS4 runs at a higher framerate in spite of all of the above advantages

Personal opinion:

Anti-aliasing is pretty big. I game on a 40" TV and 1080p, without anti aliasing some games really annoy me with the jaggedness.

That thread you are referring to is tlaking about Battlefield 4.

Aside from that, the list you quoted from that thread is also wrong (possibly intentially, I say that because the article the OP quotes, clearly states it). The xbox version of BF4 does have both AA and HBAO.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I never even considered buying a XBox. Te final blow was delivered months ago when you find out that PS4 will be 100 bucks cheaper and be substantially more powerful. Not only that, PS4 will have more exclusives at the first year mark and beyond despite having a slightly slower start than XBox in that aspect.

Sony also proposed an honest approach to the new gaming console generation, unlike Microsoft that wanted to farm us like cattle and were forced to take three steps back when they saw themselves put in evidence with things like requiring online connection every 24h or disallowing games being traded or bought second hand. That alone gives me nausea when thinking about Microsoft, and I truly hope it rots in hell to never return with another console in future.

Besides, I wouldn't have missed Sony exclusives like The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, Beyond: Two Souls etc for anything in the world, and I sleep very nicely without playing crappy Halo's, or largely overextended Gears of War series, do I plan to keep my solid bet on Sony's exquisite taste for exclusive titles. I'm already incredibly excited about Deep Down, exclusive for PS4. If you haven't yet, take a look on Youtube. 

There is really not a single quantum of doubt in my mind about what will be the console to play and enjoy for me in the next few years. And yeah, I'll still keep my PC for my mmo's, RTS, and other games that are simply best played with a keyboard and a mouse.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Myria

i should have been more specific. Walking dead focus on storytelling if im not wrong, not actual gameplay. Ryse is an action game like DMC and God of War with more gameplay than anything else. These games that focus on intense gameplay mechanics should keep QTEs to a minimum and as far from combat as possible. Imagine Dark Souls with QTEs.... that would be an insta-kill. Same thing with a game like Ryse. But i was already corrected that Ryse removed the QTEs so thats good.

EDIT: Beyond two souls is another storytelling game with almost zero gameplay. I played the demo and i really liked it for what it is, a movie-like where i make some decisions to push Jodie forward in the story.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

I just don't get why the PS4 fanboys just need to create those threads on every forums... Just get your console, and have fun with it. Why is there always someone to try and make a point on "my console is better than yours".. ?

Guess what... There's two different console (and I'm leaving the WiiU out of this just to make this clearer...) and they both have strong points and weaknesses.. Also, in 2-3 years, all this debate on which one is better will have been for nothing, cause both Sony and Microsoft will have had the time to work even more on those strenghs and correct their weaknesses.. And all that will remain are the exclusives games to each console to help the consumer make their choice..

So have fun with your toys while I'll play Titanfall, Watchdogs and The Division on my PC and just let everyone else make their own choice on what brand they prefer...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by deniromonk
    Originally posted by wizyy Originally posted by VastoHorde What features are missing? From what I have read only Xbox One version will have voice recognition and head tracking.
    From a very active thread right here in "General Gaming": PS4 has anti-aliasing, missing on Xbox One PS4 has HBAO ambient occlusion, missing on Xbox One PS4 has motion blur in multiplayer, missing on Xbox One PS4 runs at a higher framerate in spite of all of the above advantages   Personal opinion: Anti-aliasing is pretty big. I game on a 40" TV and 1080p, without anti aliasing some games really annoy me with the jaggedness.

Aside from that, the list you quoted from that thread is also wrong (possibly intentially, I say that because the article the OP quotes, clearly states it). The xbox version of BF4 does have both AA and HBAO.

There's no good reason that I can see for a difference in resolution between the consoles. The hardware is very nearly identical. A large part of the code base on both consoles should be very similar and even if there are differences, both consoles have libraries perfectly capable of 1080p. What gives?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I'll wait a year to decide. No hurry to get either and I don't trust either of them even a tiny bit with their promises so I'll just wait and see what actually happens.

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by deniromonk

Originally posted by wizyy

Originally posted by VastoHorde What features are missing? From what I have read only Xbox One version will have voice recognition and head tracking.
    From a very active thread right here in "General Gaming": PS4 has anti-aliasing, missing on Xbox One PS4 has HBAO ambient occlusion, missing on Xbox One PS4 has motion blur in multiplayer, missing on Xbox One PS4 runs at a higher framerate in spite of all of the above advantages   Personal opinion: Anti-aliasing is pretty big. I game on a 40" TV and 1080p, without anti aliasing some games really annoy me with the jaggedness.

There's no good reason that I can see for a difference in resolution between the consoles. The hardware is very nearly identical. A large part of the code base on both consoles should be very similar and even if there are differences, both consoles have libraries perfectly capable of 1080p. What gives?

Agreed.

• gamer1979gamer1979 Member Posts: 28

I have had my 360 since day one.  I will be buying an Xbox one on day one.  I see there is another post trying to claim BF4 on PS4 is far better than xbox one, well this article proves that one false. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-vs-ps4-no-discernible-difference/

And im sure that this will not be the "final blow" to the Xbox one.  In the end these post never makes sense, especially on a mainly pc site because my PC will blow away both the my Xbox one and your PS4. 

Have fun with your PS4 not sure why you feel the need to make up things to try and make your ps4 better then the xbox one, seems like you might be worried the xbox is going to sell more then your ps4. 

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    What features are missing? From what I have read only Xbox One version will have voice recognition and head tracking.

All of that is well and good until Microsoft reverts back to their "no game trading/always hooked to the net" mindset after they sell a ton of systems. I will never trust them again after trying that garbage. I was a serious xbox fanboi until that junk was being shoved down our throats.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/10/17/xbox-one-ghosts-preorders-pass-ghost-ps4-according-to-vgchartz/

Not sure how it can be any type of blow especially the final when the xbox one has surpassed ps4 in preorders for ghost .
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

from comments section of Ops link

PS4 fanboy - "Ha the PS4 has better graphics than the XboxOne! Suck it Xboxfans!"

Xbox fanboy - "Please, the game will eventually look better than the PS4, or just as good the further we get into this gen. PS4 isn't as powerful as the Xboxone".

Wii-U fanboy - "Hey guys whats up?"

PS4 and XboxOne fanboy - "HA! You call yourself a gamer, with those weak graphics!?"

Wii-U fanboy - "Hey thats not cool guys, i am just as much of a gamer as you guys :( "

PC fanboy walks in - "Hey guys what are you arguing about? Why are you picking on the Wii-U fan? Graphics? HA! Please your consoles are outdated before release! You have to argue about what will play in 1080p, and won't? Isn't Watch Dogs going to be running at 30fps on next gen consoles? We don't even know if it will be in 1080p? Please..

Xboxone and PS4 fanboy - "Shut up! Graphics don't matter! Its all about the games!"

PC and Wii-U fanboy - "-_-"

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

Why is this even being discussed on this website in what possible way does the graphic difference between xbox and ps4 and a call of duty game have anything to do with with MMORPG's.

On a separate note when I had a look at the specs for both systems i realised that when I upgraded my PC at the end of last year it was far better than these toys. And as my rig is already better and will probably be upgraded 2 maybe 3 times in the life span of the new consoles i feel sorry for you people that have not advanced beyond these children's toys.

Originally posted by Nadia

from comments section of Ops link

PS4 fanboy - "Ha the PS4 has better graphics than the XboxOne! Suck it Xboxfans!"

Xbox fanboy - "Please, the game will eventually look better than the PS4, or just as good the further we get into this gen. PS4 isn't as powerful as the Xboxone".

Wii-U fanboy - "Hey guys whats up?"

PS4 and XboxOne fanboy - "HA! You call yourself a gamer, with those weak graphics!?"

Wii-U fanboy - "Hey thats not cool guys, i am just as much of a gamer as you guys :( "

PC fanboy walks in - "Hey guys what are you arguing about? Why are you picking on the Wii-U fan? Graphics? HA! Please your consoles are outdated before release! You have to argue about what will play in 1080p, and won't? Isn't Watch Dogs going to be running at 30fps on next gen consoles? We don't even know if it will be in 1080p? Please..

Xboxone and PS4 fanboy - "Shut up! Graphics don't matter! Its all about the games!"

PC and Wii-U fanboy - "-_-"

I agree if I want amazing graphics I go with my PC (which my hd died last night lol).  It's also about where your friends and family play, mine are on xbox live thats the #1 reason I play on an xbox and why I will be buying a xbox one.

Originally posted by Swids2010

Why is this even being discussed on this website in what possible way does the graphic difference between xbox and ps4 and a call of duty game have anything to do with with MMORPG's.

On a separate note when I had a look at the specs for both systems i realised that when I upgraded my PC at the end of last year it was far better than these toys. And as my rig is already better and will probably be upgraded 2 maybe 3 times in the life span of the new consoles i feel sorry for you people that have not advanced beyond these children's toys.

Well to be fair they are both getting mmos so they technically are ok being discussed here .  But that still doesn't make the ops post valid or matter.  PC will always be superior to either console and I will be playing both my PC and Xbox one.