Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easier grinding if I get the expansions?

DrSawDrSaw Member Posts: 81

Hey gang. I'm a level 6 Armsman right now, and the grinding with the trial version is paaaainful. ::::01:: I was curious if I went ahead and bought the expansions if grinding would be easier and more exciting?

Thanks.

Saw.

Comments

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Yes, when I tried the trial then I asked some people and they told me that with the Catacombs expansion lvl'ing was really easy cause of the quests you got, which were only for the latest expansion.

• JearomJearom Member Posts: 6
    took me 30 min to get to lvl 6... in catacombs
  • lewllewl Member Posts: 86

lvl 6 shouldn't have been painfull. shoudl have gone real fast like an evening.

If you are playing an armsman please make sure that you are up grading your weaopn regulary. You need to have OJ con weapon and yellow armor.

Check out the rating of the weaopn its has a DPS rating. Thats damage per second.

I think at like level one it starts you off with a weapon the does maybe 1.5 dps. But by level 6 you should be using a 3.6 dps weapon. That means if you didn't get a new weapon you will be hitting for less then half what you should be.

Same think will happen if you don't get anouther update by lvl 9. The weapon you should be using has a dsp of 4.5. I am sure you found out that a 50% increase in damage output relly make a difference.

Further more its hard if you dont have all those stat bonuses you get from bracers rings cloaks etc. you need to do quest to get them. Dont feel like figureing out the quest got to daoc.warcry.com... they have quest wlk throughs and also give you an idea of the kinda of loot you get when you complete the quest. That way you can tell if the quest is a must do or not worth your time.

Finally, id you can't find the quests you want or don't want to mess with it try doing the instas where they drop aurlite or seals from DF. Then you can atleast purchases some of the weapons and armor with stats.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

I wouldn't consider it grinding.  I really hate that word.  You do not need to sit in one place to kill in order to level.  In fact the game encourages you to go kill in other spots by giving you extra exp.

ToA will not help you level.

Catacombs will help you level - espically at the higher levels.  I can do a miniquest in 10 minutes and get half a bub of experience.  If  do a full quests I get about 2 bubs of experience.  I made from 46-47 a week ago with only Catacomb quests.  I've made almost 1/2 a level at 48 from quests.  So if you are wanting faster leveling then catacombs is the way to go.  Of course you will need all of the expansions that go with it. 

Just to let you know, most tanks level slowly at high level unless in a group.  The downtime to heal or for endurance can start to get to you.  So quests and grouping become very important.  It is that or switch to a caster that will level much quicker. 

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

The catacombs quest do help a lot, but so do the Taskmaster dungeons that are also in this expansion pack. Every 10 levels or so there are different taskmaster dungeons that you can go to. The taskmaster will give you a quest. When you complete the quest in these dungeons you gain bonus xp. Sometimes these tasks are just to kill the named mob inside of the dungeon so it can be completed really quickly.