Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Film Festival

jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

So I was browsing Youtube this evening and I came across this video that pretty much summed up the original Everquest in a nutshell.  The narrator echoes many of the attitudes and feelings of the people who played it also and I think that it is great introduction to what that game was about and what made it so great.

I will be adding more videos to this string as I find them (unless that gets me in trouble).  Feel free to comment or add your own though as I think it would be entertaining.

Everquest Retrospective

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

That's a bad link. If I click play, I get the fuzzy screen. If I click to watch it on YouTube, I get my YouTube start page.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Link provided at the bottom of the post for those who can't get the video working.  Dang Youtube.  Always when I am trying to do something.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Thanks for that new link :)

I had seen it earlier (I noticed I had already hit the "like" button), yet it was fun to see again. I jut started a Bard in EQ the other day. There is a lot of "new stuff" in the game that overwhelms me, and my level 37 bard is sitting it out until I get the hang of it again :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Nice!  I have to admit, watching that almost made me want to blow the dust off of my old pally.  Still might, we will see how the weekend goes.

Here's a great little documentary about City of Heroes.  I chose this one because there are a lot of tidbits in it that a lot of people may not know.  It has a small number of hits but I think it should have more.  Take a look.

City of Heroes Documentary

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by jesad

Here's a great little documentary about City of Heroes.  I chose this one because there are a lot of tidbits in it that a lot of people may not know.  It has a small number of hits but I think it should have more.  Take a look.

City of Heroes Documentary

Awesome one. CoH rocked...

(just recently recited the sidekick / exemplar system in an another thread :) it was a first, just like the day job system, or the Architect.)

This next one is pure madness.  It is Sparta!  It is a dude talking for 27, that's right I said 27, minutes about Star Wars Galaxies.  I put this up here because A. He covers a lot of ground about a game that everyone talks about but no one will ever see again, and B. to illustrate a point.  It was a game that someone felt was worth talking 27 minutes about.

Also, just a side thing.  The kid reminds me of Ben Affleck when he laughs.

The Rise and Fall of Star Wars Galaxies

Also, I promise not to live in the back of the rack on all of these.  Just going for the things right now that people may not know about is all.