Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GAWD DAM!...games r boring now...

ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
i donno seems that the last 6 years games have just become...blah...NOTHING can hold my intrest....fucking sad that i waisted 2k on this dam computer and i cant get into any game i play no matter what it is...think i need a new hobby...or maybe im just too dam old to b playing games any more...life isnt a game....maybe its time i stop rotting away infront of a monitor and do something...or maybe its the lack of umm *new* games being released?

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Play some Dark Souls or Path of Exile Hardcore mode.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

played PoE hardcore...the first thing that went through my head was "ive done this before..."

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Batman Arkham Origins is awsome, im playing that at the moment.  Also try Enslaved: Odyssey to the West which just released on steam.  Going to play Battlefield 4 next.  If you like zombies and isometric rpgs try How to Survive.  You gotta eat, drink and sleep in that game and use flashlights or torches in the dark in that game, has day and night cycle.

I've also been playing some great older JRPGs on PS2 and Wii emulators, if your into jrpgs.  I recommend Xenoblade and The Last Story.  Final Fantasy 12 on PS2 is great too.

If you play emulators I recommend using ENB and sweetfx for them.  Use the ENB made for Zelda Windwaker, just google it.  Also go into the enbs .ini and set the day and night bloom down a notch.  To make it work all you have to do is put the ENB and Sweetfx files into the emulators directory where the .exe is and it will effect any game you play on them.  It is better this way than using the emulators anti-aliasing for performance.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

Nope, its just you.

Also, lol. GG on spending 2k on your computer.

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

Hate to say it here but I am having a pretty good time with League of Legends.  Was having fun in SWTOR and Age of Wushu also, but mostly on a social level more than anything else. 

I know the feeling of having done it all before though.  It's the worst after you have spent a long time on any particular game and then stopped playing it because you just sit there and look at that avatar, that representation of hours of your precious life that you are never going to get back, and if you can't justify that amount of time by at least saying "Well, I had a lot of fun" or "This was how I got so and so to come over and do whatever with me" it just amounts to a bad back, a bunch of time wasted and a potential blood clot that you aren't going to know about until it takes you out (or not).

I suggest taking a break, it will probably do you a world of good to get up and moving a little, and if nothing else, it might remind you of why you prefer virtual company to real company :P

Then, when you come back, you will appreciate the time better.

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I'd wait for the Occulus Rift to come out and save ya bro! If that doesn't give you a new meaning to gaming then nothing can...
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

You need a side game in a different genre. For me, it used to be Starcraft (RTS), now it's Planetside 2(FPS). I'm hoping PS2 will get me through the next couple months while I rebuild (boooring, it's been 2 months already) my character in Wushu.

Yeah though, it would be nice to have another mmorpg option during this time, but I'll be damned if I spend 30-60$ on anther one month, reskinned throwaway game.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Try space sims for a change?

check this out, totally hyped for this game!!

http://www.soon.tm/index_hq.html

• sorattasoratta Member Posts: 39
    That sense of loss and boredom might also be because of you. (Not meant to be accusing.) What games are you playing/have you played, and what are you looking for?