Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is there to do at endgame?

2»

Comments

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

I did leave the game for some month's but now I am back and having a blast doing dungeons and fractal.

there are plentyy to do, most of it is gearprogress though and if you dont like that, then try out PvP,

• SandvichSandvich Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    GW2 is a MMO that you complete when you reach max level.

Not only that, GW2 is also an MMO that you begin when you reach max level. I recall in my WoW days there were basically two types of days... raid days and non-raid days. Raid days I knew what I was doing that day, and non-raid days were nothing much more than making ammo, doing dailies, gather resources that I'd have to fight with other players to get and maybe a little Wintergrasp. More often than not on the off days I'd simply do my chores and have nothing else to do. In GW2 I've had plenty of days where I couldn't decide what to do but never a day when there was nothing to do.

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543

·         World completion (Traveling the entire world including WvWvW areas)

·         World vs world vs world

·         Structured pvp arena’s

·         PvP tournaments and leaderboards

·         Creating a new character/ profession for a different play experience

·         Completing all 8 dungeons and there 26 paths in total

·         Finding and completing all 17 mini dungeons

·         Finding and completing all 42 jumping puzzles

·         Get all crafting to 500

·         Crafting Legendary weapons

·         Crafting ascended armor

·         Living story

·         Complete as many achievements as possible, and yield all the rewards that follow

·         Participate in all of the mini games: Belcher’s Bluff, Costume Brawl, Crab toss, Keg Brawl, Sanctum sprint, and Southsun Survival

·         Completing all scavenger hunts

·         Holiday events

·         Organizing guild vs guild events in world vs world

·         Guild Missions

·         Guild Puzzles

·         Guild bounty

·         And more

At the end of the day, Guild wars 2 is just a game with lots of things to do and explore. Who cares if it has an end game or not. Just enjoy it for what it is and be grateful you get all this stuff and more to come for free after you buy the game once. No more kill stealing, no more nod hogging, no more waiting for a tank and a healer, no more gear unbalance and dependence on gear, no more holding off on aoe to prevent breaking cc’ed mobs, no more waiting for a healer only class to rez you, no more having to run all the way to the bank to deposit all your crafting mats…The list goes on and on. 

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Nothing, unless you like to play dress up. Then you can work on getting new outfits. Do not let the GW2 fans fool you.  There is no end game. With that said, if you haven't played the game before then you should. It is a nice game for a month or so. Just do not expect an MMO that you will be playing for all that long.

Because raids isn't just dressing up to go to a new raid tier where the game play is pretty much the same as it was before.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Lets see.

You can PvP in arenas.

You can PvP in WvW.

You can farm to get materials and skins.

You can run instances to get materials and skins.

You can go after achievements, for titles and for the points to get achievement chests (every 500 points) that have loot, account wide bonuses and special skins once in a while.

You can max your magic find via luck.

You can do guild missions.

Alts.

So basically everything you do in other games.

That's the problem with it IMHO. I'll use my Dad's old saying: "We can put a man on the moon, but we can't do anything to change something like this (MMO grinds)?

With all of the genius' in the gaming industry, it looks like someone would have had a brainstorm on how to defeat the end game gear/rep. grind.

There is nothing wrong with the activities of itself but with the gameplay.

And GW2 gameplay is different from other games.

So if you, like myself, were unhappy with the gameplay and/or how the activities were presented, you now have an alternative.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258
    you raid/defend keeps all night long in WvW

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Sure there are may things to "do"... but are they any fun?

Very subjective... for me personally I cant stand crafting so I would not consider that something to do. Especially considering all the effort to craft for a %5 increase in stats.

Jumping puzzles...no way..

Living story sucks, holidays are recycled and uninspired. Running around in circles in a WvWvW zergfest? No thanks.

I think the best thing to do after 80 is seek out another game.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I don't think they designed the game to be attractive for the long-term.  It's like bejeweled or something, where you just play a little bit here and there.

You make me like charity

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Nothing, unless you like to play dress up. Then you can work on getting new outfits. Do not let the GW2 fans fool you.  There is no end game. With that said, if you haven't played the game before then you should. It is a nice game for a month or so. Just do not expect an MMO that you will be playing for all that long.

Because raids isn't just dressing up to go to a new raid tier where the game play is pretty much the same as it was before.

Actually for most people it isn't. I am willing to bet for most real hardcore raiding guilds, it is about the teamwork and the sense of accomplishment. It is also about playing your class at that level. There aren't that many people that can hack it in a really good progression guild that requires performance. The shinies you get don't hurt, but it goes a lot deeper than that. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?