Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ff 14 arr or gw2

13»

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

FFXIV over GW2.  Apples and Oranges.

GW2 was an awesome game for 2 months.  Loved the story, jumping puzzles, dynamic events.  Crafting was lackluster.  I did a little bit of sPvP and enjoyed it.  8 abilities mix matched, a lot of variety in classes and specs.  It is well worth the initial investment of buying the game, and once you do, you have it forever (or until expansions come out).

Here's what I dislike about GW2 and why FFXIV is better (for me).  I didn't not like there was no clearly defined roles.  I did not like the action combat after 2 months because it was just spamming and dodging, spamming and dodging.  It became too repetitive and tiring on my hands.  As I've grown older (32) i realized twitched based mmo with 1.5 second cooldown or lower are not my thing.  

I didn't like the dungeons.  The designs were great, but they ALWAYS ended up being about dodging red circles on the ground, healing yourself, and raising downed party members.  No tanks, no healers, no dps.  This isn't a bad thing, it's just not my style.  Also, all the bosses, though they had different abilities were the same... it all ended up being dodging red circles on the ground.  In short, it was a cluster FU#@ of running around with yuour head cut off.

No raiding was a deal breaker because i like dungeons with party defined roles.  GW2 does not offer that.  It's new, it's shiny, and its the latest version of action combat.  The 2 week content patches for me in GW2 are lackluster.  Some are fun for a week, like the super fun box, or the Christmas event with puzzles and new dungeon, but they're designed to be consumed little at a time.  

Here's what I love about FFXIV and why I paid 6 month subscription and have no regrets.

-Clear party defined roles.

-One class can play every single class, gathering or crafting profession.

-Variety comes from switching jobs on the same character, instead of "specing" into another role on the same class.

-DEEP DEEP rewarding crafting system.

-FF Story and all the things I love about FF universe.

-Very well written quests.

-The dungeons are designed EXTREMELY well.  Even the first boss, in the first dungeon is not tank and spank.

-There is a variety of ways to level.  Though people CHOOSE to only FATE grind, you can do dungeons, quests, Fates, leves, etc.

-The upcoming Housing system looks like the best i've seen in any game.

-The game is challenging the higher and higher you go.  I' have beaten Titan yet and i've been trying for 4 weeks.

unlike GW2, I prefer big meaty patches with gigantic content updates with new classes, 10 boss raids that take maybe weeks and weeks to beat and challenging boss mechanics requiring everyone to work together and know their role.

Both GAME ARE excellent.  Both are worth the price of admission.  Some people do not feel FFXIV's sub is currently justified or will ever be justified.  I respectfully disagree.  The promise of Golden Saucer, New Jobs for existing classes, Crystal Tower, Housing, Arena PvP and Frontlines is worth it.

The different between GW2 and FFXIV is small "fun" short burst patches in GW2 vs. gigantic content patches in FFXIV.  My sub pays for the big content patches every 3 months.  

It really does come down to the style of game you like.  both games are excellent in their own right.

• MarzAttakzMarzAttakz Member Posts: 17

I enjoy both games for different reasons:

GUILD WARS 2: For WvW exclusively, still some of the funnest pvp around. In my opinion PvE is boring and unimaginative.

FFXIV ARR: PvE only for obvious reasons but I missed my trinity roles too much to not play. Sure some of it is grindy and it has flaws but I believe, or hope rather, that given the right amount of time end game will be expanded and some quality of life improvements will be implemented.

Furthermore I honestly feel that The Secret World doesn't get the exposure or credit for how good it actually is. In my opinion it has one of the nicest class/skill based systems to date. The story and locations are a breath of fresh air (mostly). They also have some of the hardest quests I've ever come across (if you don't google everything). Regarding the dungeons, well, each and every one of them is unique in it's own way. They have some great mechanics, some incredible boss abilities and can be run on different difficulties.

Unfortunately it is B2P but I would highly recommend you give it a try.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Gw 2 doesn't feel like an MMO. It's more like an action RPG (minus having to farm for fat loot). It does have a nice world which is broken down into zones (aka not seamless like say in wow). Lack of roles is a defining feature and if you like pew pew in other mmos (aka brain dead dps) you will love gw2.if you love tanking or healing you are out of lack. This game is for dps fan boys only.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by Satimasu
    You can play both if you don't mind a sub. So I don't see what the problem is. I like both, so I can't understand having to hate one or the other.

This. Games aren't mutually exclusive. I don't understand the either-or mentality.

Even if you can't afford both today, there's nothing saying you can't try one out, then later on try the other out.

Even being a sub, sub games come with the first 30 days free with the box, so you don't have to pay the sub until you've basically figured out if you like it or not.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

You can play both if you don't mind a sub. So I don't see what the problem is. I like both, so I can't understand having to hate one or the other.

This. Games aren't mutually exclusive. I don't understand the either-or mentality.

Even if you can't afford both today, there's nothing saying you can't try one out, then later on try the other out.

Even being a sub, sub games come with the first 30 days free with the box, so you don't have to pay the sub until you've basically figured out if you like it or not.

Time is also a factor. How many people have time to play 2 MMOs? MMOs are notorious for requiring players to spend crazy hours per week to get anywhere so it's very unlikely to play 2 MMOs at the same time. I found that even when playing 15 hours a week (which is still quite a bit) it was still not enough to get anywhere in an MMO. IF a first playthrough requires 100 hours it would take you 1.5-2 months. At least it didn't take ages like in some older MMOs. My first level 60 in wow during vanilla had 10 days /played when I hit max level. Now that toooook a long while :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Time is also a factor. How many people have time to play 2 MMOs? MMOs are notorious for requiring players to spend crazy hours per week to get anywhere so it's very unlikely to play 2 MMOs at the same time. I found that even when playing 15 hours a week (which is still quite a bit) it was still not enough to get anywhere in an MMO. IF a first playthrough requires 100 hours it would take you 1.5-2 months. At least it didn't take ages like in some older MMOs. My first level 60 in wow during vanilla had 10 days /played when I hit max level. Now that toooook a long while :D

I totally disagree. With the way mmos launch now, playing 2 or even 3 at a time means they might have some actual content added by the time you reach that point where it's grind gear or stand in town with nothing to do.

If I can get to max lvl in 2 months playing one mmo, playing 3 means it might take me 6. That's about how often some of these games get real content updates...and I don't include finding 10k candy bits or running the one single dungeon 40 times to get all your gear to drop content worth waiting for.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    FFXIV all the way. I played GW2 and was great for about month, even though there is no monthly fee i uninstalled it as it just sucking up hard drive.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I have TSW, GW2, and FFXIV on my hdd, play what you want to play.
  • JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Both are good games.

Both have nice graphics engines and art styles.

GW2 world is fantastic. Open, explorable, vast. It's a great feeling you can't get on FFXIV, which  have a beautiful world too but "tunneled" with too many invisible walls.

Dungeon wise,  FFXIV wins. Great dungeons and mechanics. Very rewarding experience. GW2  dungeons are too chaotic.

GW2 has pvp implemented and its good. and fun. Don't listen to the whiners.  FFXIV doesn't have any but it will have at some point. Anyways FF has never been about pvp anyways so don't expect much about it.

Character development is way deeper and rich in GW2. Trying different builds with traits and swapping skills, spells and weapons is very interesting. In FFXIV you can have all jobs in one character but there is no much choice in what way you want to play your class.

I don't like crafting but  FFXIV is the clear winner because crafting it's not just a side quest you pick up. It's a whole class with skills and set gear etc.

GW2 combat is dynamic and fast. Evade is not a stat. Must be done by reflex. There is no mana management. Skils can be spammed but have individual cool downs.

FFXIV combat is slower with a global cool down and mana management. A more classic and old school approach.

FFXIV only cost 30 dollars but has a monthly fee.

GW2 cost 50 dollars but doesn't have any monthly fee.

After playing both extensively I must say GW2 has more to offer.

I played GW2 from the very beginning for 2 months. enjoyed myself a lot but got bored.

I played FFXIV for 1 and a half month enjoyed myself a lot but got burned and I am back to GW2 and having a blast again.

• pit101pit101 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    justice

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by tommygunzII
    The only difference between GW2 and all of the F2P games out there is that you have to buy GW2. Just save your money and play LotRO or Aion if you aren't concerned with quality. Other than that I'd go with FFXIV: ARR simply because it has a future.

I didn't plan on replying to anyone in this topic, but this post annoyed me. You compare GW2 to F2P games when its a B2P game, not F2P. If you are going to make that comparison then why play FFXIV and not WoW when they are both sub? And the second part of your post implies GW2 has no future. Isn't FFXIV the game that had to basically be completely remade because it was dying a quick death? I would be more worried about the game that had to be remade to make it playable.  If you're going to try to insult another game at least make sure you back it up with something other than bias.

I have played both and they both do have their pros and cons, but in the end I would go with GW2 for fact that you can play anytime you want. When you sub to a game you feel you have to play or you're just wasting money on that sub. At least with GW2 you can play it anytime.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by vandal5627
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Um... 4 hours time it took for me to realize GW2 wasn't a very fun game for me and had issues. I had 2 max level characters in the game as I drilled my way hoping for something to spark which it did not.  So yeah, just cause someone feels your favorite game isn't that great (both personally as well as looking critically upon it) doesn't mean you should miss quote them about it.  I played Mesmer and Thief both to 80 and I could never get into the game. I tried and tried but no, it didn't pan out. Yes, I know I'm stupid for wasting my time when I felt I wasn't big on it to start, but thus the masocist in me was seeking to find value in my purchase to no avail. 

Sorry, I'm not picking apart your message but I was wondering about your first paragraph. You say you have 2 max characters in GW2 in 4 hours? If this isn't the case and you didn't have fun in those first 4 hours, why would you play 2 characters to max level?

When it comes to "intolerance of a dissenting opinion", there's three main categories of people here, and on gaming forums in general. 

1. Will ask you if you've completed some arbitrary laundry-list of tasks, saying "your opinion doesn't matter" unless you have, and that you're basically not allowed to criticize or express dislike of a game unless you've gone all the way through the game and "have done everything". It's an obvious attempt to pre-emptively disqualify a dissenting opinion of a game by setting some arbitrarily high bar that - it's assumed - someone will not have reached.

2. In the event that the player has done everything (or at least the vast majority of it), the challenge then changes to something more in line with what you asked: "Well, if the game is so bad, then why did you play it for so long?"

3. The third category would be people who like a game but aren't insulted or threatened when someone else voices a negative or critical opinion of it. These people are very rare. Even more rare are those who can empathize and see how others might have the complaints they have, even if they don't share them.

Your question would fall under this 2nd category.

Items 1 and 2 most apply here, and are a blatant catch 22. No matter what the person says, their opinion will still be deemed irrelevant, because they're going to fall into either of the two categories. It's a completely obvious tactic used with an equally transparent motive.

The questions don't really matter, because those asking don't really what an answer. They're only interested in dismissing and invalidating an opinion they disagree with.

Interestingly, you'll only face those questions if you're critical of the game. If you're praising the game, it doesn't matter if you just installed it and haven't even gotten out of character creation. If you say "this is the absolute best MMO on the market", those same people issuing #1 and #2 above will not even second guess you. It's an interesting double-standard that happens constantly around here, with every game.

And in every case, it's indicative of people who can't tolerate negative opinions of a game they like.

You can not be serious right now...have you even...know what nevermind.

Actually he is spot on. Please do tell what part of that he got wrong. I think he nails it on the head.

He's halfway correct, he seems to only see one side which is what people around here like to call White Knights.  You can basically take his 3 categories and pin it to the other end of the spectrum  (the haters is what people call that here) and you get the same results.  He likes to call out white knights but never call out the haters?  Why is that I wonder?

This is just crazy. If a gamer says, I played for four hours didn't like it and quit. the critics say, You can't judge a game after four hours, your opinion doesn't count.

So now we have a guy who didn't like it after four hours but continued to play, (After all you can't judge a game after 4 hours) leveled out two characters and he is criticized for "Continuing to play."

What's up with that???

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I thought FF:ARR was worth the price I paid for it.  I got a really solid month+ out of it, but have since found msyelf not logging on anymore.  Leveling consisted of one of the better quest trails I've seen in an MMO.  The story was engaging throughout, and I especially enjoyed the way the main story weaved in and out of the dungeons, including all the cutscenes within the dungeons.  There was also a decent variety of things to do while leveling - quests, dungeons, fates, hunt log, GC log - accompanied by many goals that extended beyond the boring standard goal of leveling up - unlock chocobo, progress main story, complete job/class quests, unlock jobs, increase GC rank.  All of this creates an involved and fairly enjoyable leveling experience.  

But that's just the very first leveling experience.  After that, you're left with mostly FATE grinding, which is a horrible nightmare version of GW2's dynamic events.  Like, it's astonishing how these are basically the same type of system, but the effect couldn't be any more different.  In GW2, DEs create a fluid, engaging open world experience.  You naturally encounter things as they happen in the world.  And there's quite a bit of variety.  In FFXIV, FATES are the monotonous, boring, repetitive grind beacons.  Every single one is nothing more than a game of tagging as many mobs as possible before it ends in order to maximize your reward.  As such, I can't be bothered to level another class.  

And then there's end game. 

The progression continued for a little while after reaching max level, and that was cool.  You have the fairly lengthy Relic Reborn quest chain that takes you through several bosses, including the 3 hardmode primals, after which you're awarded your 2nd best weapon in the game.  Progressing through this chain was fun, but doable in just a couple days.  After that, you're left to grind the same 2 dungeons over, and over, and over, and...you get the picture, in order to chase 2 currencies, one which has a weekly cap.  Maybe it was because I'm suffering from permanent dungeon burnout from other MMOs, but I was completely done with AK after 5 runs.  I was so revolted at the idea of having to continue to run the same dungeon, you couldn't pay me to do it.  

I continued to play for a couple weeks after that, but only to craft - which is absolutely phenomenal in FFXIV.  But like I said, I haven't really logged in in the past couple weeks.

I find myself back in GW2 once more.  I tried to play both simultaneously for a while, but I really couldn't keep up with both. FFXIV ultimately pulled me away from GW2 for about a month.  But man did logging back in feel like coming home.  Because this post has dragged on long enough, I'm not going to bother listing my personal pro/con list for GW2 (and it does have many of both).  I'll just say that I've played and enjoyed both games, but I fully see GW2 being my primary MMO home to return to for the foreseeable distant future. 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Originally posted by vandal5627
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Um... 4 hours time it took for me to realize GW2 wasn't a very fun game for me and had issues. I had 2 max level characters in the game as I drilled my way hoping for something to spark which it did not.  So yeah, just cause someone feels your favorite game isn't that great (both personally as well as looking critically upon it) doesn't mean you should miss quote them about it.  I played Mesmer and Thief both to 80 and I could never get into the game. I tried and tried but no, it didn't pan out. Yes, I know I'm stupid for wasting my time when I felt I wasn't big on it to start, but thus the masocist in me was seeking to find value in my purchase to no avail. 

Sorry, I'm not picking apart your message but I was wondering about your first paragraph. You say you have 2 max characters in GW2 in 4 hours? If this isn't the case and you didn't have fun in those first 4 hours, why would you play 2 characters to max level?

When it comes to "intolerance of a dissenting opinion", there's three main categories of people here, and on gaming forums in general. 

1. Will ask you if you've completed some arbitrary laundry-list of tasks, saying "your opinion doesn't matter" unless you have, and that you're basically not allowed to criticize or express dislike of a game unless you've gone all the way through the game and "have done everything". It's an obvious attempt to pre-emptively disqualify a dissenting opinion of a game by setting some arbitrarily high bar that - it's assumed - someone will not have reached.

2. In the event that the player has done everything (or at least the vast majority of it), the challenge then changes to something more in line with what you asked: "Well, if the game is so bad, then why did you play it for so long?"

3. The third category would be people who like a game but aren't insulted or threatened when someone else voices a negative or critical opinion of it. These people are very rare. Even more rare are those who can empathize and see how others might have the complaints they have, even if they don't share them.

Your question would fall under this 2nd category.

Items 1 and 2 most apply here, and are a blatant catch 22. No matter what the person says, their opinion will still be deemed irrelevant, because they're going to fall into either of the two categories. It's a completely obvious tactic used with an equally transparent motive.

The questions don't really matter, because those asking don't really what an answer. They're only interested in dismissing and invalidating an opinion they disagree with.

Interestingly, you'll only face those questions if you're critical of the game. If you're praising the game, it doesn't matter if you just installed it and haven't even gotten out of character creation. If you say "this is the absolute best MMO on the market", those same people issuing #1 and #2 above will not even second guess you. It's an interesting double-standard that happens constantly around here, with every game.

And in every case, it's indicative of people who can't tolerate negative opinions of a game they like.

You can not be serious right now...have you even...know what nevermind.

Actually he is spot on. Please do tell what part of that he got wrong. I think he nails it on the head.

He's halfway correct, he seems to only see one side which is what people around here like to call White Knights.  You can basically take his 3 categories and pin it to the other end of the spectrum  (the haters is what people call that here) and you get the same results.  He likes to call out white knights but never call out the haters?  Why is that I wonder?

This is just crazy. If a gamer says, I played for four hours didn't like it and quit. the critics say, You can't judge a game after four hours, your opinion doesn't count.

So now we have a guy who didn't like it after four hours but continued to play, (After all you can't judge a game after 4 hours) leveled out two characters and he is criticized for "Continuing to play."

What's up with that???

This is why I don't fully elaborate any more, so much ignorance, like you guys go out your way to ignore simple ass details just to make it seem as if there was no bullshit in that post and the other one sided post.

Now you tell me...what's up with that?

Then again don't, cause if you and the not so surprisingly guy that really thought he nailed that bs on the head, really think that what was said was spot on, theres not even a point.

It doesn't take a genius to pay attention to small and simple details to spot someone cooking up bs purposefully because they have a long hatred on something.

You see it from haters of all sorts of things, they sit and make things relevant that they wish to be irrelevant, they mention the thing they hate even when a thread(no not this thread) had nothing to do with what they hate, and (but there is more but I'll leave it at 3) there are people who also will keep "cutting their wrist" and act like a reasonable person would believe that they sat there and "emo'd" their way through a video game and maxed out 2 characters after not liking it past the 4th hour in the first play through.

I be damn  if I ever believe anything that comes out of someones mouth when they bash a game yet put so many hours in it, then if you did then that says the game had to be somewhat entertaining from start to finish to then start and finish again.

There is no way in hell I and I know damn well many others would not play a freaking game from start till finish TWICE, if I hated it so much before hand and obviously afterwards.

People then get all innocent and try to counter with "Well maybe he thought it'd change his view on the game once he played it." Alright fair enough but see in the year 2013 especially with these forums, let's grow up, get real, and understand that this is the internet, people on the internet do not want their pride taken nor want to deal with "But I thought you said this was bad and etc." Part to blame on the fans of the product but if one discredits a product because of the fans on a forum of the product, that's a damn shame.

People try to discredit MMORPGs by saying "I maxed out 2+ characters and this game was the worst ever." and/or "I put in 1000+ hours and came to realize this game is terrible."Those sayings in the year 2013 don't work for people who just pay attention to simple shit, something had to keep you going to play a game that long no matter what it is, and if you disliked that game quick then that means either you had fun and just don't want to admit it or you kept "cutting your wrist" just to deem yourself creditable when bashing a game over and over and over and over and over again...because at the end of the day that's pathetic in itself. 

Anyway: Shit if I where the OP and I didn't mind paying 15 dollars a month to play a game I'd play both cause you have one that is b2p and one that is p2p.

FF is good for their niche I hear and has trinity and raids, if the OP is heavily into those and can't live without those features in  a game then he shouldn't play GW2 and should play FF or wait until Wildstar, ESO, and EQN(Idk if it's trinity base).

Course all that is out the window, since the OP is playing GW2, I personally think he started this thread to spark up shit, which I knew but bitting my tongue hurt like hell when I saw that one sided bs and the fact it was defending some things that annoy the hell out of me(No opposing opinion are not it, it's agendas and pretend oblivious acts that annoy me).

Sorry for any typos but I'm not sorry for the point I made. 

Peace.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

If you like the Trinity style and don't mind $15/£10 etc. then you want FFXIV.

If you want a arcade style with no class roles (ie. It has classes, but everyone is DPS) then GW2.

Simples! :)

PS. But yes, I'd pick neither. The MMO market is stale. But that's just me; no fanboys were hurt making this post. /honest!

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

GW2. 

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by huihuhuhu2
    ty all for the replies..it has been very beneficial..think i'll try going back to gw2 due to larger world,more content,and immersive combat.. i still have a place in my heart for ff 14 just dont think it's ready yet...gw2 makes me feel like i am in a huge world,ff makes me feel the opposite..again ty all

Lol You all fell for a troll....

Huh? so he didn't chose your precious FFXIV so he is a troll? image

No silly cause he has both and played both. But hes asking which one he should play.

"i like a little pvp but pve is what i like the most..i played ff 14 since launch but i keep feeling there is something missing"

and

"i'll try going back to gw2 due to larger..."

Who cares what he chooses.  LoL " Hay guys ive played both games so which game should I play of the two games ive already played...." Thats what you were replying to ... LOL

Tsk tsk so worried about the silly FFXIV forum war you don't see the obvious.  

LOL ....... still laughing on how the guy asks which game is better for him to play, when hes playing both games.... LOL

Are you actually laughing this much over this post or do you think in English we begin and end a sentence with lol ?....I can't tell.

So your saying in english  we end a sentence with lol but we just dont begin it with lol? or are you saying we cant begin  and end a sentence with lol?  

You brought up the grammatical use of lol in the english language so you tell me the rules.... I never brought up grammar.

I might be biased (just like a lot of posters in this thread)  but im going with is someone uses "lol" in there post there usually trying to express the action of laughing not a lesson in grammar.

He was being sarcastic. And i agree, what is with these 'lol'? i fail to see what was so funny about your reply. Regardless of whether he has played both games before or not he was just asking for our opinions. I gave mine. Calling him a troll over this is just baiting.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    the one is good and the other one is a disaster of a game that they tried to make playable and now just average crap,you figure it out.
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by Raquis
    the one is good and the other one is a disaster of a game that they tried to make playable and now just average crap,you figure it out.

I would not say a disaster, but I would say a fast put-together-game.

They should have name it  the " FF14 crafting game ".........Because you better like craftng. And its a game with others around you, not an mmo !

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor

If you like the Trinity style and don't mind $15/£10 etc. then you want FFXIV.

If you want a arcade style with no class roles (ie. It has classes, but everyone is DPS) then GW2.

Simples! :)

PS. But yes, I'd pick neither. The MMO market is stale. But that's just me; no fanboys were hurt making this post. /honest!

$12.99 if you only want one char per server.

• BluewhitehellBluewhitehell Member Posts: 66

If you're casual, enjoys exploring, don't like to pay for a sub, want to build your character, play GW2.

If you're hardcore, enjoys hardcore endgame raid, and 1 person make mistake then party wipe that sort of thing, play FFXIV.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    XIV is absolutely solid, but felt entirely too familiar, too much like MMOs I've already grown tired of, hence couldn't keep me interested. GW2 is, despite squandering much of it's potential, still the more interesting, and less exhausted take on the MMO idea.
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by thunderC
    Just want to add both games are gorgous when it comes to graphicss. Without question the two nicest looking MMO's on the market, enjoy!

That's your opinion :) I feel TSW and Age of Conan is far better looking than both of those games