Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Graphic Intense Game.

yeriusyerius Member Posts: 10

So as the title say's I'm looking for a high-end game, i.e visually appealing. Got my new computer and I can't for the life of my think what to try or what to buy. 

So I'm coming to you guys to get some advice from you to as what I could possibly pick up and try (either online or offline), I'll list some of the game's I've enjoyed;

World Of Warcraft, League of Legends, Smite, Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Basically RPG's. Do prefer the game to be more PvP orientated online wise.

Oh and my computer spec's might help as well;

INTEL HASWELL CPU - Intel Core i5 4670K - 4 Cores @ 3.4Ghz (Turbo 3.8Ghz) + 6MB CACHE (Overclocked to 4.4Ghz per core)

RAM.... - 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz - PATRIOT VIPER V3 RED Performance/Gaming RAM

SOLID STATE HDD (SSD) - 120GB OCZ Agility3 SATA3 - 6Gb/s

MASTER HARD DRIVE - 2TB (2000GB) SATA3 - 6Gp/s, 7200 RPM & 64MB Cache

GRAPHICS CARD (PCI-E) - AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready

TFT MONITOR - 24'' ASUS VS247H-P HDMI, HD 1920x1080, 2MS - LED

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Hmm tsw. Most these days are stylized to hell. Gw2 looks bad on low settings and very good on high. Maybe AoC but I actually think DFUW is more vivid/clear and more appealing.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Hmm tsw. Most these days are stylized to hell. Gw2 looks bad on low settings and very good on high. Maybe AoC but I actually think DFUW is more vivid/clear and more appealing.

This is probably my personal bias, but if you're looking for something purely on graphics western games are not the place to start.  I think TERA and FFXIV would have everything on that list beat by a large amount, though I'm not that familiar with DFUW's graphics as I stopped paying attention at full loot PvP and could be wrong about that one. 

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

To me RIft looks quite good with details turned up. There are a few places you may even have to dial down some settings.

There are a few games also on the horizon. Black Desert comes to mind.

Thing is though...MMO's for the most part are not trying to break more new ground graphically. They have hit a happy point of old vs new gaming hardware penetration.

If you want some true eye candy that was made for your rig then pick up a shooter called Battlefield 4.

It launches in a few days and has a single player story and probably coop and fantastic multi-player and it the exact game that

will floor you with it 's visuals.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Tera or FFXIV imo.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Rift
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Yeah I think for non stylized and an mmo tsw. But I despise blurry pastel colors so tera is out. It's all very subjective. Black desert looks like the best mmo non stylized but that isn't out.
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Planetside 2 will give it a workout.

So will EVE, but only in large battles zoomed in.

Or get Skyrim and download some of the really nice texture packs, and long distance FOV mods, and tree and grass and NPC density mods.

Plain and simple a heavily modded Skyrim just might make that system cry. And get the mods from Nexus if you decide to take that Pepsi challenge.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430

Here is a screenshot from Firefall that a player uploaded on there forum. Hmmmm I am having problems showing the screenshot.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    If you want a graphics intensive game, don't play an MMO.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

MMOs tend to be a bit less graphically intense, because they are focused on showing hundreds of players at the same time.

If your wanting something to benchmark your new system, try an actual benchmark (3dMark, Unigine, etc) or try the BF4 beta.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

The only game I play that pushes my system to the max limits right now is Planetside 2. 

I get around 120 to 70 FPS max settings in big fights. And my system is beefy too all water cooled and OCed GTX water cooled cards with custom blocks on.

But yeah nothing else MMO wise even taxes my system. 

• kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Go play GW2 WvW against some zergman server on full detail...