Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forced the Game

BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271

Just a shoutout to my fellow indie countrymen, who have launched their ARPG Forced just now. The game is being received pretty well, and should be prertty fun in coop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJjS6TCOVs

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I will not pay money to support these aged old tech games.Overhead view looking like a LOL or Diablo type game is far too ancient for me,that is he kind of stuff people play from 20 years ago on emulators.

I wish all these low end developers would quit flooding the market,we already have too many games all doing the exact same things.We need creative NEW higher tech devs pushing the envelope and pushing OTHER developers to do better.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I picked it up yesterday to play with a friend and it's really fun co-op. It takes a lot of team work to do some of the challenges which can always be funny. Lots of laughing over voice and WTF!! moments.

• AzorenAzoren Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I will not pay money to support these aged old tech games.Overhead view looking like a LOL or Diablo type game is far too ancient for me,that is he kind of stuff people play from 20 years ago on emulators.

I wish all these low end developers would quit flooding the market,we already have too many games all doing the exact same things.We need creative NEW higher tech devs pushing the envelope and pushing OTHER developers to do better.

The game is $10 on Steam right now. It's not exactly a AAA price tag.

First of all, I assume you're exaggerating about the graphics as they are obviously better than any game from 20 years ago. In fact, with the amount of action going on and the zoom level, it's barely noticeable that the graphics aren't cutting edge.

Indie companies are forced to use, as you say, "low end" technologies like the Unity engine because the big shiny engines cost ridiculous amounts of money that only large publishers like EA can afford. 

When people judge a game based solely on graphics, it's just another step toward driving indie developers out of the market completely. It's like the old saying goes, "don't judge a book by it's cover."

• sorattasoratta Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Azoren
    Originally posted by Wizardry

The game is $10 on Steam right now. It's not exactly a AAA price tag.

First of all, I assume you're exaggerating about the graphics as they are obviously better than any game from 20 years ago. In fact, with the amount of action going on and the zoom level, it's barely noticeable that the graphics aren't cutting edge.

Indie companies are forced to use, as you say, "low end" technologies like the Unity engine because the big shiny engines cost ridiculous amounts of money that only large publishers like EA can afford. 

When people judge a game based solely on graphics, it's just another step toward driving indie developers out of the market completely. It's like the old saying goes, "don't judge a book by it's cover."

Which brings to question the age-old argument of why there's nothing new or ground-breaking in the gaming industry; indies tend to break convention. (though this one looks interesting, for co-ops.)