Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Faeria: Magic the Gathering on a Hex Grid (Crack-Filled Oreos for your Brain)

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

While looking for a new game recently I changed up this gem and thought I'd share it.  I've been a fan of both Magic the Gathering and hex-based strategy games since the 90's so finding a game that combined the best of both hooked me right away.

What is it? - Faeria, a multiplayer turn-based CCG played on a hex grid, currently in Beta

Where is it?  -  Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1464350149/faeria-strategy-card-game

Steam Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170870888

Why is it (good)? - It has many of the features from CCG's such as Magic the Gathering, with the added strategic element of hex-based combat (rather like combat in Civilization V) where you construct the hex grid as you play. 

It has rated/ranked 1v1 multiplayer, a large selection of cards, and is already in a very playable state.  Perhaps the best (and most unusual) feature of the game is that unlike every other CCG from paper Magic the Gathering to digital Hearthstone, it isn't a bottomless money pit.  It is an affordable B2P game with no P2W features.   You can't buy cards, packs of cards, decks, or anything else with real money. 

At the moment you can get into the beta for $15, or buy the full game for $25 (which includes beta access).  You can also track down some 10 day trial passes, or check out some gameplay videos on youtube.  If you want to try the game with no risk, you can follow the advice the developers themselves: pledge $15 on Kickstarter, get beta access and try the game yourself for about 15 days.   If you don't like it, you can simply cancel your pledge.

If anyone has any questions (or would like some help getting started in the game) feel free to post here!

Comments

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Bump and update: going to be hosting a tournament on Sundays through the end of November.  Come and join us!