Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are they really not going to add anymore end game content besides coil for 6 months?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Actually I kinda agree with the OP - it is a bit concerning.

Coil is the top right now. It has the best gear drops, and it has the hardest encounters.

2.1 is coming, it adds more content, but nothing past Coil. It is mostly filler material to bridge the gap between primals/4-mans and Coil. Or at least that's how it's been advertised.

So if your already in coil, the only thing you have to look forward to in terms of advancement is... having Coil 5 fixed. I still stand by the fact that the game is designed to be horizontal, and not necessarily vertically played -- your supposed to level a lot of classes, not just a single class. But the ease of FATEs and the lack of depth with cross-class abilities more or less negates that to some extent.

Personally, I can't wait for 2.1. I'm not in a coil crew as of yet (although I probably could if I pushed for it, I've just decided to go do some other stuff). I'm looking forward to seeing how the 24-player aspect of it works out, I'm all for larger content (coming from EQ 72-player stuff).

How 2.1 actual plays out, and the next patch beyond that, will have a huge impact on the long term prospects of ARR.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1p6uat/is_ct_still_confirmed_to_be_i80_and_does_anyone/

This is being discussed and argued on reddit a little bit, no one can really decide because everyone has their own playstyle and preference, but it seems like OP's concerns here in this thread mimic the general consensus over there.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Id recommend waiting for an announce date for 2.1

agree

late November fits the 3 month timeline but personally I think 2.1 will be in December

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

The OP is absolutely right to be concerned.

2.1 Is adding CT which will be ilvl 80 content. By the time it is out the average endgame player will easily have full ilvl 90 gear which means CT will be entirely pointless.

That means endgame players will be waiting for around 6 months for new raid content that is higher than ilvl 90. Once people have full ilvl 90 gear even coil and myth will be pointless.

On Behemoth server the top 3 raiding guilds are losing people left and right precisely due to this situation.

TBH I think FFXIV is well on its way to dieing off since in 6 months there will be newer MMOs out.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Nihilist
    The OP is absolutely right to be concerned.2.1 Is adding CT which will be ilvl 80 content. By the time it is out the average endgame player will easily have full ilvl 90 gear which means CT will be entirely pointless.That means endgame players will be waiting for around 6 months for new raid content that is higher than ilvl 90. Once people have full ilvl 90 gear even coil and myth will be pointless.On Behemoth server the top 3 raiding guilds are losing people left and right precisely due to this situation.TBH I think FFXIV is well on its way to dieing off since in 6 months there will be newer MMOs out.
    If you raid purely for gear, then yes that's a legitimate concern. Hope they address this issue for you guys.
  • TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149

The OP is absolutely right to be concerned.

2.1 Is adding CT which will be ilvl 80 content. By the time it is out the average endgame player will easily have full ilvl 90 gear which means CT will be entirely pointless.

That means endgame players will be waiting for around 6 months for new raid content that is higher than ilvl 90. Once people have full ilvl 90 gear even coil and myth will be pointless.

On Behemoth server the top 3 raiding guilds are losing people left and right precisely due to this situation.

TBH I think FFXIV is well on its way to dieing off since in 6 months there will be newer MMOs out.

If you raid purely for gear, then yes that's a legitimate concern. Hope they address this issue for you guys.

The game doesn't exactly have a ton of content else where either. 2.1 will def add more stuff for crafting which I do too but I would also like other things to do besides craft.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Top progression guilds don't raid for gear. They raid for the challenge of beating the content as quickly as possible when it is actually hard due to having no gear and and no tutorial videos.

At this point the 3 bosses in coil take like 45 minutes to beat so all that is left for endgame players is farming gear. Soon even that small reason to play will be gone once people have full i lvl90 gear.

The problem is that there is zero challenge left in the game, and there won't be any more for 6 months.

• TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149

Top progression guilds don't raid for gear. They raid for the challenge of beating the content as quickly as possible when it is actually hard due to having no gear and and no tutorial videos.

At this point the 3 bosses in coil take like 45 minutes to beat so all that is left for endgame players is farming gear. Soon even that small reason to play will be gone once people have full i lvl90 gear.

The problem is that there is zero challenge left in the game, and there won't be any more for 6 months.

This..

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

Originally posted by Takoo
    No you did not tell me that but you did say I was not doing crafting the hardcore way. Also, the general response from the population seems to be level crafting. It is just annoying when you hit 50 in something only to find out you really need to grind all the crafting classes to 50 to make good money. With the only good money coming from making items for leves.. There seems to be nothing epic to make in the game that is worth money. On my server the 2 star items are down to about 500k each.

Well Im sorry people are giving you a hard time about crafting. Considering a small house will be 850k gil, selling one item for 500k gil is a massive amount of money.

I make items for leves, gc provisions, crafting equipment, and sell tons of wood of all level ranges.

Even if you just take the process of making hq level items, they involve multiple components from multiple crafting classes. And those components come from multiple resources gathered across many zones.

Anyway. thats where Im coming from in my experience. and back to the point, they promised content every 3 months, the game has been out for two. SO Id say they have yet to break that promise. We've also had multiple patches and two seasonal events so I havent really seen anything yet to discourage me from putting my faith in these devs.

Where does this number, 850k gil for a house come from. I can't find it anywhere...

Originally posted by vidiotking
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Takoo No you did not tell me that but you did say I was not doing crafting the hardcore way. Also, the general response from the population seems to be level crafting. It is just annoying when you hit 50 in something only to find out you really need to grind all the crafting classes to 50 to make good money. With the only good money coming from making items for leves.. There seems to be nothing epic to make in the game that is worth money. On my server the 2 star items are down to about 500k each.
      Well Im sorry people are giving you a hard time about crafting. Considering a small house will be 850k gil, selling one item for 500k gil is a massive amount of money. I make items for leves, gc provisions, crafting equipment, and sell tons of wood of all level ranges. Even if you just take the process of making hq level items, they involve multiple components from multiple crafting classes. And those components come from multiple resources gathered across many zones. Anyway. thats where Im coming from in my experience. and back to the point, they promised content every 3 months, the game has been out for two. SO Id say they have yet to break that promise. We've also had multiple patches and two seasonal events so I havent really seen anything yet to discourage me from putting my faith in these devs.
    Where does this number, 850k gil for a house come from. I can't find it anywhere...

It was in the live letter video last week.

Originally posted by Foomerang If you raid purely for gear, then yes that's a legitimate concern. Hope they address this issue for you guys.

Lot of assumptions there. You are assuming that Good King Moogle, harder difficulty modes for Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan, and Crystal Tower will not be a challenge because of the gear you have from coil turns 1-4.

Do you think it may be possible that the developers are aware of this and have the capacity to make these encounters challenging despite the gear? I'm not saying thats what they are going to do. But I'm not going to assume that they are going to purposely trivialize a bunch of new encounters in their first major patch because of a gear score.

I dunno. Which seems more logical to you?

Originally posted by Takoo No you did not tell me that but you did say I was not doing crafting the hardcore way. Also, the general response from the population seems to be level crafting. It is just annoying when you hit 50 in something only to find out you really need to grind all the crafting classes to 50 to make good money. With the only good money coming from making items for leves.. There seems to be nothing epic to make in the game that is worth money. On my server the 2 star items are down to about 500k each.
      Well Im sorry people are giving you a hard time about crafting. Considering a small house will be 850k gil, selling one item for 500k gil is a massive amount of money. I make items for leves, gc provisions, crafting equipment, and sell tons of wood of all level ranges. Even if you just take the process of making hq level items, they involve multiple components from multiple crafting classes. And those components come from multiple resources gathered across many zones. Anyway. thats where Im coming from in my experience. and back to the point, they promised content every 3 months, the game has been out for two. SO Id say they have yet to break that promise. We've also had multiple patches and two seasonal events so I havent really seen anything yet to discourage me from putting my faith in these devs.
    It was in the live letter video last week.

I'll look for that thanks... and I'm not anywhere near to 850k gil...so /boo

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by ZizouX

A dedicated crafter is a full time job just like a hardcore raider.

If you want to make some serious money at crafting or gathering, you have to put in the time....

Exactly and I know some players that don't like to craft will find that hard to believe...but it's true. All I've done so far is craft and one combat character to 31...I'm not even 50 in anything yet because I'm leveling up almost all the crafting profs at the same time.

Raiding...what's raiding?

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

I'm in the same boat. I just passed 300k yesterday.

At 275k myself. Fishing for red coral to make money. Got any other ideas?

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by vidiotking I'll look for that thanks... and I'm not anywhere near to 850k gil...so /boo

HQ Mahogany Lumber is pretty reliable. HQ Iron Ingots sell regularly. Crafting tools are selling well right now on my server, especially weaver tools. Apple tarts and pretty much any food ingredient. Oh and Aldgoat horns, aldgoat skins, and boar skins all sell pretty fast. Be sure to convert your 100% spirit bonded gear to materia. Some tier 2 materia goes for 2-3k a piece. The tier 3 seems to go for around 40,000.

Honestly, I spend most of my time trading for materials and helping out friends than I do crafting and selling. I'll move onto other ways to make gil when I feel like it. Having a lot of fun doing what I'm doing right now hehe.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

If you DON'T raid for gear, then what the heck are you supposed to do after you beat and experience the raid once? (which shouldn't be too hard to do for many people eventually for a raid that's meant to give weaker gear than the gear already out there)

Do it again but try to be faster next time?

And again after that?

Maybe try it as a different class?

Yea, that'll last you some amount of time.  But sooner or later most people will get bored of it.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Isn't housing for FCs (Guilds), anyways? Not individual players?  850k might be hard for you to make as an individual, but it should be pretty easy for an entire FC of people to make.  Of course, you wouldn't be able to call that house your own. Instead, it'd belong to the FC.  Which makes it a whole lot more impersonal and icky and bah, but eh.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

If you DON'T raid for gear, then what the heck are you supposed to do after you beat and experience the raid once? (which shouldn't be too hard to do for many people eventually for a raid that's meant to give weaker gear than the gear already out there)

And again after that?

Yea, that'll last you some amount of time.  But sooner or later most people will get bored of it.

Careful with this line of thought, if you ponder it too carefully you may finally discover the futility of raid centric gear grinding games and no longer be able to play them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Kyleran

And again after that?

Careful with this line of thought, if you ponder it too carefully you may finally discover the futility of raid centric gear grinding games and no longer be able to play them.

I agree with this entirely. I used to be a major hardcore raider in MMOs, and loved games like FF14. Then one day I sat down and really thought about what the gameplay entailed and it ruined them for me ever since. I want to love FF14, but this line of thinking killed it and all games like it ever since.

You go New character -> Level to Max Level -> Gear for first raid -> New raid obsoletes last raid gear -> Raid for new gear -> New raid obsoletes last raid gear -> raid for new gear -> rinse and repeat until an expansion comes out, in which case you restart at step 2: Level to Max Level.

If you think about that type of gameplay in terms of "What am I working towards?", you won't last long at all. Instead, you have to avoid that line of thinking and focus instead on "This grind is fun!". If you can't do that, then the game isn't for you. If you can, you'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.

Originally posted by Tolmos
    I used to be a major hardcore raider in MMOs, and loved games like FF14. Then one day I sat down and really thought about what the gameplay entailed and it ruined them for me ever since. I want to love FF14, but this line of thinking killed it and all games like it ever since.You go New character -> Level to Max Level -> Gear for first raid -> New raid obsoletes last raid gear -> Raid for new gear -> New raid obsoletes last raid gear -> raid for new gear -> rinse and repeat until an expansion comes out, in which case you restart at step 2: Level to Max Level.If you think about that type of gameplay in terms of "What am I working towards?", you won't last long at all. Instead, you have to avoid that line of thinking and focus instead on "This grind is fun!". If you can't do that, then the game isn't for you. If you can, you'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.

I'm glad you broke the cycle. Welcome to a new way to play mmos :)

• VentlusVentlus Member Posts: 96

Isn't housing for FCs (Guilds), anyways? Not individual players?  850k might be hard for you to make as an individual, but it should be pretty easy for an entire FC of people to make.  Of course, you wouldn't be able to call that house your own. Instead, it'd belong to the FC.  Which makes it a whole lot more impersonal and icky and bah, but eh.

yes its for fc housing personal doesn't come out till 2.2. And i have made over 6mil, =/ its been pretty easy to make money but i stopped making money after the crafters got banned just in case lol. anyways yea as it is right now i'm not having fun in the game, all the dungeons including the primals are just god awful after doing so many times. Coil is fun but its retarded easy except for 5 which is super over tuned. So as it is right now i just log in on monday clear turns 1-4 and cap myth. when 2.1 comes out i can have fun in crystal tower i guess for my alt, but as it is right now their isn't much of a challenge, and its more of a needles grind, so besides for looks it doesn't really have much to do. I personally think im gonna put the game down until they add enough content for my liking, i feel like ffxiv is more of a chore then actual fun as it is 

• masterbroodmasterbrood Member Posts: 62
    I THINK I have 200k from legacy lol.  I'll have to see when i get back.  

-The only sure thing about the future is uncertainty

• cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102

Give up on fishing, spend that time farming tome items and selling on market.  High volume of sales, easy 25-30k each.

Fishing is wasted effort right now IMO....best fish sell for only 1k a piece and arent guaranteed to be fished up.