Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A good MMO for two best friends to play through?

GgGTrexGgGTrex Member Posts: 2
I'd like it to be fairly economy based. We really enjoyed luminary, but after the years, it kind of lost its spark for now. Are there any other games like that, with a few varied classes, a good player based economy, and some good dungeons to play through?

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

I would say themeparks aren't that great for friends to play through because of their linear progressions which means you can't play at your own paces and sometimes need to wait for each other.

So, i'd recommend some sandparks or sandboxes... uhm.... totally not what you asked for but why not try EVE Online? The big advantage in that game will be the fact you can always do stuff together no matter your skill levels. 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• GgGTrexGgGTrex Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by sacredfool

I would say themeparks aren't that great for friends to play through because of their linear progressions which means you can't play at your own paces and sometimes need to wait for each other.

So, i'd recommend some sandparks or sandboxes... uhm.... totally not what you asked for but why not try EVE Online? The big advantage in that game will be the fact you can always do stuff together no matter your skill levels. 

Isn't EVE pay 2 play? We're not looking for that. And no, thats fine, most of the time we play games at the same time, not solo.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Mortal

The Secret World

Anarchy Online

Dungeons & Dragons online

Fallen Earth

off the top of my head..

• hm...may i suggest trying rift ?? its a free to play game that many have said to be a wow clone.... i really dont think thats the case... maybe it has similarities with wow at vanilla , but thats it !  nice events , world invasions/ rifts / global pvp and raids !

Another great option is The secret world , just started this one and i find the whole thing quite amazing! its a buy to play though (26 $ from amazon i think  , or you could trade it via steam for about 10 dota2/tf2 keys )

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Ryzom sandbox, great community.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Final Fantasy XI, its an older game and has gone through some changes. But it still has some of the best endgame content anyone could ever wish for. You don't have to worry about staying in sync with leveling because of the Level Sync system. It has a ton of classes to choose from. 

The only problem with the game is its combat isn't for everyone. It is a bit slower and has a more tactical feel to it. It picks up quite a bit towards endgame, but it is still slow compared to other games. 

The community is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of playing with. If you want to check out some information on classes and things like that: http://FFXICLOPEDIA.com is a great source of information on the game, or http://wiki.bluegartr.com/ is also more up to date I think. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173

I would not recommend EVE really, there is almost no content, only pvp 10 vs 1 battles, it can be fun, but you need to level skills for few years to kill something, in addition there is worst community of elitist-retards in whole MMO market.

Guild Wars 2 can be good home for you, EOS probably too, but it isnt released yet.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    I would try lord of the rings online or rift. Rift has a better free to play system than lotro but both are fun with just two people.