Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short Review of Dragon's Prophet

cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I have been playing this for the last few days, so lets start:

THE GOOD:

-You got your own pokemons (dragons), which you can level up and customize

-Combat system with combos are very interesting

-Graphics are lively and entertaining

-It is good quality for a free to play game

-Great ideas with player housing and guild owned islands

THE BAD:

-You can customize dragons with cash shop, it is almost impossible to make a good high level dragon without cash shop.

-High level PvP is players 1 shotting each other

-Quest system is very boring, Public events give some decent XP but it is very repetitive, feels like a grindfest

-Crafting materials take more space then your overall bag space, and bag space is in cash shop

-Game feels like it is based on a cash shop, you can do almost anything without paying, but you will suffer a lot or work ten times as hard. Every single thing in game is in cash shop. You can start with 2 dragons as a free player and 6 for paying. You can switch 2 dragons in combat while they can 6 times...

Overall: Feels very much like a cash grab game but I still like the whole pokemon/dragon theme. I would not mind paying for a game and I do pay a lot for games that I like to play but this game is trying to steal your cash right from the start with every single little thing. You can max level your char without paying but you will feel gimp next to people with 6 dragons and 6 more lair dragons. Still needs lots of polish. Will try some other games and come back to this in a few months to give another shot.

And as a last reminder, play in the EU servers, much better customer service and lots of events unlike the US version

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I agree on every point you have there. IMO, it's a fun game but the way they did the cash shop ruined it for me. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre