Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buying a laptop..

DvaderDvader Member Posts: 15

hi all, been looking at this laptop for school and the occasional mmo gaming and wanted your opinions on it ect. i cant afford much higher priced laptops and this is the best one i found so far in my range (300-400usd) but im really noob with tech so.. yea. think it can run some of the more recent mmo's? ^^

HP 15-E028US AMD Dual-Core A6-5350M 4GB 750GB 15.6" Laptop

AMD A6-5350M Processor (2.9GHz)

4 GBram

750GB 5400RPM hard drive

AMD Radeon HD 8450G graphics

15.6" Screen/Webcam/Wifi/HDMI/USB 3.0/DVDRW/Win 8

HP cooling tech preventing overheating

link: http://www.amazon.com/HP-15-E028US-Dual-Core-A6-5350M-Laptop/dp/B00E3XBFQS/ref=cm_pdp_rev_itm_title_2

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    It will make some recent games playable at low to medium settings.  But only some.  On a sub-$400 budget, there are a lot of games that you're just not going to run smoothly, unless you're willing to look at open box or refurbished laptops.
  • DvaderDvader Member Posts: 15
    ok thanks for the info. low - medium is fine for me really but could you indicate what specs need to be better for running games more smoothly? or advise on better laptop around that price? thanks again
    You'd like to have a better processor, better graphics, and use both memory channels.  But that means adding to the cost considerably.  You can get something decent enough that can handle most games around $500, but not on a sub-$400 budget.
  • DvaderDvader Member Posts: 15
    ok thank you very much, i'll keep looking for better ones in the mean time. your help is greatly appreciated =)
    Originally posted by Dvader
    ok thank you very much, i'll keep looking for better ones in the mean time. your help is greatly appreciated =)

It's not so much a case of "get that one instead of this one" as it is, "if you want a better laptop, you have to pay more".