Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO, who else signed up on day one with no invite?

Comments

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I have been signed up as well and have not heard a thing.  But oh well, I will live.... 
  • SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by feena750
    I heard all day 1 beta signups were lost and that you have to signup again.  I signed up again about 2 months ago and they sent me a new beta email so I am not sure if it is true or not.

this just fucking blows. I've been waiting so patiently for my invite since day 1... I had not the slightest clue that I had to go re-apply for beta. poo.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Signed up on day one and no beta invite.

No big deal. It's not sounding that interesting so I'll wait until it releases to see how it shapes up.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Nothing here.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Most of the people who got an invite that I know of didn't even have any interest in the game.  They signed up, downloaded the client, logged in for less than an hour and decided it was not for them, logged off, and never went back.  One thing most of them did, regardless of reality, was select their gender as female.  I don't know if that matters, since it didn't apply for me, but apparently a lack of interest in the game does increase your odds! (/sarcasmoff)

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• CommoXCommoX Member UncommonPosts: 85

Signed up day one.

Lost interest because of lack of beta invite, no.

Lost interest because of lack of information, yes.

I've received more updates for a game coming out in 2015 than I've gotten from ESO. I've read articles, seen information and watch their dev dairies when they pop up. I really just think there is a plethora of information on this game they are holding back for some unknown reason, and presumably the game releases in 2-3 months.

Will a lack of beta invite stop me from trying the game, no. I'll try it if the information sounds/looks good and my interest is peaked. I'm still of the thought that a beta is for game testing and not player testing.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by CommoX

..., and presumably the game releases in 2-3 months.

Release is spring 2014 currently which runs through june 30th.  That is a bit longer than 2-3 months mate.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• CommoXCommoX Member UncommonPosts: 85

Apologies, first date I heard was Q4 2013, then Jan 2014 for the console port was the most recent thing I've read.

March makes the wait all the worse, I suppose, but hopefully they are doing the right things while they extend the release date.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

I'm in the same boat.

Signed up day 1.

Signed up at PAX

Signed up after someone said they had signed up day 1 and then after a long while passed, signed up again and had their application accepted as if they never signed up in the first place.

dagnabit.

edit: Heck, I just signed up again!

edit 2: AND AGAIN!

In other games i've had messages where, if I had already signed up, they would indicate 'you have already signed up for beta'.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    I received an invite a few weeks ago to a weekend stress test, but I didn't see the email until a week after the event!  :(
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

8+ years of terribad releases resulting from idiot masses for testers has apparently taught the genre something.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I get emails asking why I didn't participate in stress tests.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Signed up day one but had no expectation of special treatment for doing so and as far as I know none was promised for doing so.The only way I've known to almost guarantee  an early beta invite is to frequent the official forums of said game and be and active and constructive member.

I can't think of one MMO that guaranteed beta access just for signing up even on day one,I can think of a couple that promised weighting toward those that signed earlier but no guarantees or anything that wasn't just hype.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by azmundai

8+ years of terribad releases resulting from idiot masses for testers has apparently taught the genre something.

Probably not.

If it were so we wouldn't be getting "leaked videos".

I suspect there are a lot of great beta testers (myself included) who are just not on the right list.

Heck, a workmate of mine has a friend who received beta invites and he was just in it to try the game. He tried it once, didn't submit any bugs or comments and then logged off never to log in again.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Metanol
    Signed up for Beta on day 1 with my whole gaming community, been playing TES series since Daggerfall, wrote a proper wall of text and all in the application and none of our folks have gotten invitations.

You know it's sad but true. The people who are most passionate about upcoming MMOs NEVER get beta invites. It's always the negative "meh mmos" crowd who hates the game before they even play it who end up getting into beta.

• JWillCHSJWillCHS Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by NightBandit

I did not even want to test TESO and never even bothered filling out the beta invite when they announced it. However after attending Gamescom at Koln and speaking to the developer directly and them seeing I had come from the UK to see their game they were impressed. So I got invited to the front of the queue two days on the trot by the same guy to try their game and once he saw I know what I was doing he asked me if I would like to be part of the beta test so I agreed and emailed him all my details and was added to the last three beta weekends. 

I was not even going to bother with the game due to all the negative hype, but now I'm glad I did as I've been very impressed thus far. Sure there are a few issues there but due to NDA I cannot say anymore and I'm sure many people like me who were not going to bother will once the feed-back start flowing when the game goes live. I personally feel they have a winner here and for a change I'm looking forward to this game sometime next year.

They will drop beta testers not testing like a rock so anyone whom applied with the idea of getting a free sneak preview will be disappointed for sure as you wont get a follow up weekend if you just riding the I want to see boat. Which makes a change as most games don't do this kind of testing and normally are fooled by many who get into early beta access.

Zenimax are fully in control here and will not rush what they are doing it's really refreshing what I've seen, so for people who are looking to help I would say hang in there and those who just want to see I would not even bother until it goes to open.

Bandit

Well, the NDA stats you can't even talk about being in the beta. xD

But . . .

You're 100% right. And I won't disagree with your statement.

I will say this. The lead gameplay designer Nick Konkle spilled some beans on a beta weekend event(*cough* Cyrodiil) while being interviewed by the ShoddyCast on their Youtube channel.

Source

ZOS is looking for people who are going to provide feedback consistently while playing the game. For someone submitting bugs, and suggestions regularly in their session is a good beta tester. But if you turned down an offer to stress test one evening, you probably missed your chance. :P

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by UWNVME
    Originally posted by Metanol
    Signed up for Beta on day 1 with my whole gaming community, been playing TES series since Daggerfall, wrote a proper wall of text and all in the application and none of our folks have gotten invitations.

You know it's sad but true. The people who are most passionate about upcoming MMOs NEVER get beta invites. It's always the negative "meh mmos" crowd who hates the game before they even play it who end up getting into beta.

This is not true, but i would highly imagine that the "meh" crowd is just significantly more vocal and eager to break NDA.  The passionate players will not break the NDA.  

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I always sign up for beta tests immediately but rarely ever get accepted.  ;-;

• KreetureKreeture Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I too signed up on day 1 w/no invite. Also pre ordered MONTHS ago- still no code or any sign up on site to register would be code or any way to upgrade pre order to collectors....... sigh
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Katilla
    Just seeing how many people are frustrated/excited about the beta.... I signed up on day one with no invite yet, makes me a sad panda :(

I did, and several times since then.  Get over it.  They don't HAVE to invite you.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by azmundai

Probably not.

If it were so we wouldn't be getting "leaked videos".

I suspect there are a lot of great beta testers (myself included) who are just not on the right list.

Heck, a workmate of mine has a friend who received beta invites and he was just in it to try the game. He tried it once, didn't submit any bugs or comments and then logged off never to log in again.

My roommate received an invite as well.  He was working during the hours of a stress test that he was invited to participate in.  Unlucky I guess.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Lost interest about 6 months ago.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Katilla
    Just seeing how many people are frustrated/excited about the beta.... I signed up on day one with no invite yet, makes me a sad panda :(

Most people getting invites are for "beta weekends" and many do not get a second invite. So, odds are decent you would end up with a 25 gig download for 3 days of "testing".

Only some of us are in the full beta test, I would give you mine but that would not be cool in their eyes, so its just an account not being used. I payed them back with a ton of bug finds and don't feel as if I owe them anything anymore...actually feel like I should have been payed seeing as how bad the game is.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    I think they were giving out monkeys to everyone in one of the more recent stress tests. So that's all you've missed. Hell, they may give out more monkeys in the future haha.
  • VentlusVentlus Member Posts: 96
    i got like a 3 hours stress test invite and as big as the client was, i was like yea no thanks lol