Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

G Sync just another crap thing from Nvidia..

maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161

no need for something that isnt gonna work.. G Sync is just like V Sync.. nothing new..

Now Mantel is going to own the Video games.. because it no longer require DirectX which is the Worst in games history please Programmers cannot Program directly to the Video card...

Comments

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

To sum up:

I don't like NVIDIA. Their new technology is butt.

I like AMD.  Their new technology is neato.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Originally posted by maple2

no need for something that isnt gonna work.. G Sync is just like V Sync.. nothing new..

Now Mantel is going to own the Video games.. because it no longer require DirectX which is the Worst in games history please Programmers cannot Program directly to the Video card...

What you don't seem to catch is that the reason PC programmers don't program directly to the video card is that PC programmers don't want to program directly to the video card.  Even if we restrict to the DirectX 11/OpenGL 4 era, there are, by my count, 43 different GPU chips (13 AMD discrete, 12 Nvidia discrete, 10 AMD integrated, 8 Intel integrated) to code for.  That's not even counting different bins of the same chip, which also makes a big difference.  No one really wants to write 43 separate code paths to extract maximum performance out of all 43 of those chips.  And even if you do write the code that way, you'd have to accept that your game flatly won't run on some very capable hardware such as a Radeon HD 4890 or GeForce GTX 285.

The reason DirectX and OpenGL exist in the first place is so that you don't have to do this.  You write one code path, or maybe two or three to be able to use the features of newer GPUs while maintaining compatibility with older ones, and that's enough to make your game run on everything.  If we didn't have APIs like DirectX or OpenGL, there wouldn't be much in the way of PC gaming.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by Damon
    To sum up:I don't like NVIDIA. Their new technology is butt.I like AMD.  Their new technology is neato.

I think this is the most accurate assessment, and the best possible reply.