Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How bad is the hacker issue now?

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It never was. Now it's virtually nonexistent. Amazing things happen in PS2 on the regular.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • lordshroom420lordshroom420 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Funny People that say " no hackers " !  Hacker: "That's right bud there's No  hackers" Throws Bait! Come on in Esp auto aim Love ! lol
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Personally I have never encountered a "hacker," but in my experience the so called hacker is generally the person playing 16 hours a day that owns you. Mixed with a little 'amour propre',  the individual in question quickly becomes a so-called "hacker".
  • BlotieBlotie Member UncommonPosts: 29

I started playing heavily again a few months ago.  I am just not seeing any hackers.  There are probably a few but in such large scale combat it is difficult to tell and doesnt really matter anyway.

I think people yelling "hacker" and usually just whiners that are mad they died.   Every once in a while I get a hate tell saying I am hacking because I killed someone and they didnt like it.  Simply, I dont hack.  I either got luck or they suck.  Of course there are also the occasional bug or lag related death.

In summation, hacking is not an issue IMHO.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I have been playing planetside 2 quite a bit over the last few months and msut admit have never noticed any hackers or anything liek that.. sure maybe there are a few here and there but getting killed one is not the end of the world the battles are so big that a few hackers here or there dont make a blind bit of difference.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I think there's a big difference between looking for aimbots / hacks in a massive largescale battle or a rather small battle.

In those large battles I get the "holy shit wtf?" moments as well, when you get killed instantly from near impossible angles. But one way to easily explain that away, is that there's simply a huge volume of fire and explosions being traded in all directions. Therefore it isn't unreleastic to assume some crazy weird shots will still end up getting you.

I've rekindled my interest in the game, now that I clearly see my destiny is to be a pink spandex clad Vanu soldier. And I usually stick to small scale engagements following a squad around. It offers a much better picture of what is going on.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AccoraxoAccoraxo Member CommonPosts: 1

Well how bad is it.... bad enough for me to just having cancelled my Sub. I had renewed it in the past hence I wanted to support a unique game that could be great, but some well known Heavy Outfit just keeps using their shield cheats and takes out any fair competition. 

I've played QS2 long enough to become familiar with technical problems. There are technical issues with many games, including PS2, but that's another story. If 'amazing things' keep happening to certain outfits all the time, it's not a technical matter but plain cheating.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    There are hackers, its a shame as they do ruin it for the other players, the last time i played, which was several months ago now, they were very proactive on removing hackers, once they had been reported at least, hopefully, that is still the case.