Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert CBT gameplay videos

2»

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Not a huge fan of the camera shake stuff, if you can turn that stuff off, would be a lot better for me personally.

Looks interesting though.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Who's going to publish it here ?

I'd put money on this game being too " asian " for most people and it's the graphics and "sandbox" that's got people interested.

Most of the character models and terrain aren't even asian in design.....

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Who's going to publish it here?

That is a good question. We still don't know. Daum is taking care of South Korea while GameOn is taking care of Japan. They are looking for publishers to bring the title to the U.S. and Europe. Last I heard anything about it was in March.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/black-desert-shopping-for-western-publisher-shares-more-details/

It also seems the administrators from the Facebook page does reply in English, especially to questions about when the game is coming over here.

http://www.rpgreporter.com/2013/07/30/pearly-new-mmorpg-black-desert-seeks-western-publisher-for-eu

Waiting game begins!

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

I like realistic graphics I'm all for it but the asian games ruin it for me with the flashy over the top animations.

They are supposed to look epic I guess but to me they look silly and the camera shakes give me a headache.

Unrealistic acrobatic combat like that is an absolute dealbreaker for me I can't get pass that I'm afraid.

It just doesn't make sense.

If you are going for realism keep the combat the same way (think AoC or Elder Scroll games).

They are not going to tone it down though, asian games are big on silly animations every single Korean or Japanese combat game has them, MMO or SP doesn't mater, asian devs (and apperantly their player base) love their humongous swords, half-naked children with pointy ears, emo-elf-looking ladyboys and flashy combat animations...

It's a shame because western MMO trend atm is and has been for the last several years to go cartoony and that's just not gonna work for me either.

Oh well, maybe TESO will hit the spot, we'll see.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.